What should I do after I got the Australian citizenship test date?

Skizziks

Hi guys,

When me and my wife were applying for the Australian citizenship on 6 June 2019, we had no plan to travel back to our country. After we received the test date on 1 August 2019, the test date will be on 5 February 2020. My family convinced me to visit them this upcoming new year 2020. So I decided to go back for holiday to visit my family this January 2020 for 3 - 4 weeks.

My question is, What should I do? Do I need to update or inform the immigration. Or will they cancel or postpone my test date?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.

52 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

I would just go online and re arrange the appointment it is easy enough. You may well be able to bring the date forward by a month or so. 

Im pretty sure the letter for the invitation tells you how to do this.

On the letter say:

If you cannot attend

If you are unable to attend the appointment time, you can reschedule online at appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au

Yes, I am able to attend the appointment time.

I mean I will be back before the test date. I am 100% sure me and my wife will have to sit there on the date, but the question on application say " Does the applicant intend to depart Australia within the next 12 months?" I put a "NO" because at the time I really had no plan to go back to my country.

Now, we have already bought the plane tickets after received the test date and had just realise how do I update the travel record. Is it going to be a fraud application? or everybody just put YES and NO? I understand if I had a plan to travel oversea I will definitely put a "YES" on that questions. Even I received the test date, I will reschedule. I really don't know what to do.

On the letter say:

If you cannot attend

If you are unable to attend the appointment time, you can reschedule online at appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au

Yes, I am able to attend the appointment time.

I mean I will be back before the test date. I am 100% sure me and my wife will have to sit there on the date, but the question on application say " Does the applicant intend to depart Australia within the next 12 months?" I put a "NO" because at the time I really had no plan to go back to my country.
Now, we have already bought the plane tickets after received the test date and had just realise how do I update the travel record. Is it going to be a fraud application? or everybody just put YES and NO? I understand if I had a plan to travel oversea I will definitely put a "YES" on that questions. Even I received the test date, I will reschedule. I really don't know what to do.

Definitely don’t panic....
Applications are taking so long to process and “life happens” so people’s plans change. That is not fraud.
[emoji4]