Queensland fires

bunbury61

13 hours ago, simmo said:

Isn't that close to @The Pom Queen ?  Hope she's OK.!

oops no she's the other end.  Aren't you near there Cal?  You OK?

Kate is the other direction, there have been a few fires over Ipswich way but  thankfully all under control, unlike the GC. I am about half an hour away but fires going the opposite way to here , not sure how Gary went going to work today as he drives through Canungra to get there and its that area that has been affected badly.

Cal x

• Sad 2

Sadly the iconic Binna Burra resort was destroyed with the fire over the weekend, along with quite a few homes. Kudos to the firemen who wont give up, they must be knackered as this has gone on quite a few days now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-08/bushfire-destroys-binna-burra-lodge-gold-coast-hinterland/11489860

https://www.beaudeserttimes.com.au/story/6372140/devastation-as-fire-rips-through-canungra-region-latest-updates/

Cal x

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Metoo said:

Lots of fires burning today in Queensland.

Stay safe everyone and look out for each other.

EF63E06F-F73D-4EBF-A61E-AD8BE1458B0B.jpeg

I was wondering if you were close to the fires? We are near Buderim so ok apart from smoke.

As you wrote stay safe and look after each other.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ramot said:

I was wondering if you were close to the fires? We are near Buderim so ok apart from smoke.

As you wrote stay safe and look after each other.

Just saw on the news that the fires near the Sunshine Coast are nasty.  Let us know how you are ramot.  Apparently they were started by teenagers who boasted about it on social media.  😡

8 minutes ago, Toots said:

Just saw on the news that the fires near the Sunshine Coast are nasty.  Let us know how you are ramot.  Apparently they were started by teenagers who boasted about it on social media.  😡

Thank you for your concern. We are fine, we are about 25mins away from Peregian Beach  by car, and so far it seems confined to P Beach area and further north. The reporting on local TV shows how bad it is and the danger is far from over.

The emergency crews are fantastic, can’t praise or thank them enough.

Apparently 4 teenagers aged 14 and 15 are being questioned about starting the fires!!! Words fail me.

• Like 3