You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jack1994

Bridging Visa B

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any information or experience with a Bridging Visa B.

I'm currently on a BVA, having applied for a Partner Visa (820/801) just over one year ago. I'm looking to visit my family in the U.K. and booked my flights for the 4/12/2019 returning to Australia 6/12/2020. The BVB can be applied for between 3 months and 2 weeks prior, so I'm looking to submit an application soon, my questions are:

1. For substantial reason, can I just put 'To visit family and spend time with them over the Christmas period, having not visited for 2 and a half years'? Or any other advice what to put?

2. What is the timeline for how soon they grant the BVB prior to departure if I apply now?

3. Attaching supporting evidence, I am unsure what to submit. I am guessing a flight itinerary may be enough?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes that’s fine

2. As they suggest. Grant will likely be towards the Tavel date but mileages vary

3. That should be fine. 

Your dates as written suggest you are planning to go for a year. Is that right?

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Hi paulhand, thank you for the reply and help.

Sorry those dates were a typo, I'm going for just over a month. The actual dates are - 04/12/2019 till 06/01/2020.

Thanks.