ACS considered full expereince without any deductions - I'm happy but confused

Believer

Hi All,

My partner and I have an Australian bachelors degree completed offshore, In ACS application we mentioned that the country of study as our home country where we studied. Surprisingly ACS has decided to NOT to deduct any years and has taken our relevant qualification start date as the end date of our degree. That means we could claim points from the start date of our job.

I was a little bit confused as nobody can't escape the two-year deduction unless you have studied onshore, so I mailed ACS saying that I've studied offshore and if there was any mistake. Then they replied;

I confirm as you have an Australian Bachelor degree we have assessed you based on the Post Australian Study Skill Assessment requirements.

This means the completion date of your Australian degree is your skill date. Please be advised that this is advised in the Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants page 3: Post Australian Study Notes:

The skill level requirement date for the Post Australian Study Skills Assessment will be noted as the completion date of the relevant Australian degree. Suitable employment completed after the completion date of the relevant Australian degree will be eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

But again

Post Australian Study Skill Assessment is saying This application is only if you have completed an Australian Bachelor degree or higher at an Australian educational institution in Australia........ 

Please Note: You must satisfy the Australian Study Requirement (ASR) for visa purposes. ACS do not assess whether you meet the ASR requirement. This will be determined by the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA).

We could claim 5 points for our experience, but I'm really worried that DHA would have another point of view regarding my relevant skill dates. 

Should we go with the ACS mentioned dates? 

And my partner will be the primary applicant, should we get a confirmation from ACS regarding her skill dates from ACS as well?

Note - we got total 4 skill assessments for two job codes, for 3 out of 4 they haven't deducted any experience. The first one they deducted two years.

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Edited by Believer

Whether you have to satisfy the Australian study Requirement depends on the class of visa for which you are applying.

Taking migration advice from the ACS is not a sound strategy.

For accurate advice, it might pay you to consult a registered migration agent, who would need to see your ACS assessment letters and other documents.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Whether you have to satisfy the Australian study Requirement depends on the class of visa for which you are applying.

Taking migration advice from the ACS is not a sound strategy.

For accurate advice, it might pay you to consult a registered migration agent, who would need to see your ACS assessment letters and other documents.

Thank you for your reply.

No, I am not seeking any migration advice from ACS nor I will not claim any points for Australian study.

I just applied my skill assessment for General migration purpose, not even for 'Post Australian Study' yet ACS has assessed it based on the Post Australian Study Skill Assessment requirements and confirmed it even after I mentioned them I studied offshore. 

Just worried DHA will be questioned that in later stages. 

31 minutes ago, wrussell said:

From what you have posted, the ACS skills assessment will not be good for general skilled migration. If you email copy to: visa@pinoyau.com I shall have a look at it for no charge.

THank you so much. Please see your mail inbox.