Refusal appeal

amadeus10012

It is I think A$1,764  for nomination and same for application (you have to appeal both as your application was refused automatically with nomination refusal). If you are successful, they will return half of each.

Time is longer than 1 year, more likely around 18-24 months (officially they say 571 days now).

Average times for finalising reviews between 01/01/19 and 30/06/19
Case category Average calendar days from lodgement to finalisation
Bridging 10
Family 514
Nomination/Sponsor approval 571
Partner 575
Permanent business 448
Skill linked 238
Student cancellation 603
Student refusal 564
Temporary work 499
Visitor 429
Other 247
Total for migration case categories 532

source: https://www.aat.gov.au/steps-in-a-review/migration-and-refugee/migration/what-happens-after-lodgement

Success rate doesn't matter, what matter is details of your case. Why it was refused and if they were wrong or not. AAT is completely separate from immi department so they will evaluate the nomination again - everything, not just the reason why it was refused.

Edited by mes

Hi, thank you for your answers,  by the way the nomination got refused because the company I work for at the moment is under voluntary administration, the buyer has been found already and is now under ACCC supervision for approval, which will happen in the following days. This will imply a change in the ABN, new company is willing to carry and transfer the sponsor. 

Well that may be problem for AAT appeal. This is something you should confirm with MA but I got nomination refused and we appealed to AAT. After 1 year of waiting, my company changed ABN (no sale of business, just ABN change). Hope I will not mix it up but MA said, that because of ABN change we have transfer sponsorship to new ABN which cause my appeal under old ABN would be refused so we had to withdraw the appeal. After that, we transferred sponsorship under new ABN and sent new 186 nomination and application.

A new ABN requires a new sponsorship lodgement and visa application. You can’t appeal a refusal because of an ABN change. Also if the company has gone into administration it does not look good for the company’s financials to sponsor, or be viable to pay wages etc etc. I would engage a good migration agent to suss it our first before going ahead with any kind of application. 

3 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

A new ABN requires a new sponsorship lodgement and visa application. You can’t appeal a refusal because of an ABN change. Also if the company has gone into administration it does not look good for the company’s financials to sponsor, or be viable to pay wages etc etc. I would engage a good migration agent to suss it our first before going ahead with any kind of application. 

....or wait few days for the new owner and check if worth to apply, I'm talking about 15 people that may appeal...

Edited by amadeus10012

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 15:56, amadeus10012 said:

Hi, 

Does anybody knows how much can cost the appeal against a pr refusal, how long it takes and success rate?

Thank you?

On 03/09/2019 at 20:32, amadeus10012 said:

Hi, thank you for your answers,  by the way the nomination got refused because the company I work for at the moment is under voluntary administration, the buyer has been found already and is now under ACCC supervision for approval, which will happen in the following days. This will imply a change in the ABN, new company is willing to carry and transfer the sponsor. 

On 03/09/2019 at 20:44, amadeus10012 said:

....or wait few days for the new owner and check if worth to apply, I'm talking about 15 people that may appeal...

On 03/09/2019 at 21:00, amadeus10012 said:

Nomination refused, all of us.

On 04/09/2019 at 21:29, amadeus10012 said:

Nomination refused, I also received an invitation to Comment. What's that???

Yours is a complicated situation and trying to obtain advice on a public forum, based on such minimal information is likely going to end in disaster for you.

If you do not already have a Registered Agent looking at your matter, do yourself a favour and obtain professional advice.