Skilled nominated subclass 190 visa processing time from EOI to invitation

BruceLee

2 hours ago, BruceLee said:

Not bothered but NSW would be good.

Once we had gotten the positive skills assessment (no 190 application will be doubtful to succeed without it). We applied on the friday and had an invite before the end of the next week.

Turned round the paperwork really quickly and had an acceptance for sponsorship within 4 works

Now juts waiting for the visa to be granted...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BruceLee said:

Hi everyone,

My daughter and son in law wish to come to Australia on a 190 visa. Could you please tell me how long it takes for an expression of interest to result in an invitation to apply?

It will depend on many factors such as occupation, points, State, etc.

Simply having an occupation on the list, does not guarantee that an invitation will be received.

NSW is the most difficult to receive an invite as it is the most popular.

23 hours ago, BruceLee said:

Hi everyone,

My daughter and son in law wish to come to Australia on a 190 visa. Could you please tell me how long it takes for an expression of interest to result in an invitation to apply?

It takes forever. There has been a massive slow down in recent months. After Visa approval people have been waiting more than 6 months just to get contact from a case officer and some have been waiting much much longer than that without any contact at all. Things are definitely not improving. 

On 03/09/2019 at 07:25, Raul Senise said:

It will depend on many factors such as occupation, points, State, etc.

Simply having an occupation on the list, does not guarantee that an invitation will be received.

NSW is the most difficult to receive an invite as it is the most popular.

Thank you for your reply.

I see. Can you tell me if there are any other visa options for them to get permanent residency in Australia please?

They are English, in their 20s, with no dependents. One is a Toolmaker and one is a Primary Teacher. They both have competent English (being English ;)).

They have a grandmother who is an Australian citizen,  uncles, aunties and cousins who are permanent residents and a mother (that's myself) who will soon be a permanent resident.

They don't want to take the risk of temporary working visas.