Recommendations

Sueian

My partner and I are looking for recommendations of a tax agent in/near Maroubra ( eastern suburbs, Sydney). We need to sit with someone who understands how we best sort out income from uk while working less than 20 hours and being permanent residents in Australia. 

Any ideas welcome. We have no idea how to find someone who has this kind of experience.

Thank you Sue and Ian

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2019 at 20:16, Sueian said:

My partner and I are looking for recommendations of a tax agent in/near Maroubra ( eastern suburbs, Sydney). We need to sit with someone who understands how we best sort out income from uk while working less than 20 hours and being permanent residents in Australia. 

Any ideas welcome. We have no idea how to find someone who has this kind of experience.

Thank you Sue and Ian

You might have to reconcile yourself to not having a local accountant - many High Street accountants in Australia are simply not aware of the intricacies of foreign income, etc.

There are a few of us who are UK and Aus tax qualified and who assist with tax matters remotely/electronically.   Maybe do a Google search?

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett