Qualifications

Leanne cooper

2 minutes ago, Leanne cooper said:

Hi guys so I’m moving to Australia in October 2019 I currently have a nvq3 in health and social care working with the elderly, is this transferable and if so how do I go about this? And also what is it equivalent to? 

Leanne x 

What is a NVQ Level 3 equivalent to in Australia?
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) U.K. Qualification Level (NVQ & GNVQ)
Certificate III NVQ 2/GNVQ Intermediate
Certificate IV  
Graduate Certificate Equivalent
Diploma NVQ 3/Higher National Cerificate

Does this mean you got your partner visa?  Congrats.

A skills assessment is just to assess a person's eligibility for a visa, it has no relevance when you actually get to Australia, so there's no point in doing one. 

What you'll need to check is what employers will require.  If you were a nurse, you'd need to get registered with the national governing body before you could work in any hospital.  I have no idea. whether there's anything similar in aged care (I think probably not).  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. So it’s now three weeks until we move... we are moving to busselton WA. 

How do I go about getting a first aid cert?

i have over 10 years experience in all aspects of care, from working in care homes to domicillary (caring for people in there own homes) working within hospitals and also community hospitals.. (rehab). I have attended lots of training within these years so my skills are very much up to date. 

Leanne 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leanne cooper said:

Hi there. So it’s now three weeks until we move... we are moving to busselton WA. 

How do I go about getting a first aid cert?

i have over 10 years experience in all aspects of care, from working in care homes to domicillary (caring for people in there own homes) working within hospitals and also community hospitals.. (rehab). I have attended lots of training within these years so my skills are very much up to date. 

Leanne 

Sounds as though you have plenty of qualifications and experience Leanne.  If you do need a first aid cert, the Red Cross in Bunbury will help you out.  Bunbury is 50 km from Bussleton.

https://college.redcross.org.au/courselocation.aspx?state=wa