186 PROCEDURE

Real

I managed to lodge my ENS 186 Direct entry visa application through a MA this week as I only got to know this forum today. I just want to get information about the procedure of the visa approval as i am seeing things like nomination approval and s56 request here. My understanding is that once you get a company to sponsor and the nomination is put together and submitted, then all you do is to wait. While waiting, I don't understand the procedure and things I still have to do. Can someone please explain? 

1 hour ago, Real said:

I Can someone please explain? 

I'm sure your agent can explain it all - that is, after all, why you paid them. 

Briefly though - s56 is a request for further information if there is something the assessing officer wants clarified or expanded upon, or to request additional documents.

• 5 weeks later...

I received correspondence on 3 Sept from the department through my MA asking for additional information like police checks and medical. I have done this and responded by 12 Sept but no information again since then. I am just wondering if anyone here has a similar experience  recently. A number of people have suggested that it does not take long to get final grant since nomination is approved but the wait is killing.....

1 hour ago, Real said:

I received correspondence on 3 Sept from the department through my MA asking for additional information like police checks and medical. I have done this and responded by 12 Sept but no information again since then. I am just wondering if anyone here has a similar experience  recently. A number of people have suggested that it does not take long to get final grant since nomination is approved but the wait is killing.....

Be patient my friend, it is on its way!