What is a suitable visa option for a child when child visa is already under process?

Pratap

Hi there,

I have applied for a child visa for my baby who is 5 month old (as of august 2019). Me and my wife are planning to apply for a visitor visa while we get the child visa granted (my wife is also PR holder). I have gone through different visitor visa streams but could not find the one suitable. But these visas have a condition 8501 (health insurance) and 8503 (no further stay).

Can i apply for a simple health insurance for a child that covers the hospital expenditure or there needs to be any specific thing like amount limit?

Does the condition 8503 pose any risk on the stay in Australia?

Can we apply for another visitor visa (or any visa) once the visitor visa is about to expire so that our child can stay with us?

Thanks in advance

From hat you posted, what you have done is not clear.

If you have applied for a subclass 101 for your child s/he must be outside Australia for the visa to be granted.

If your child applies for under the family sponsored stream. condition 8503 that prevents a further application onshore must be imposed and the maximum stay period is 3 months.

If you apply for a visitor visa under the tourist stream you might avoid any restrictive conditions, except 8101 (no work).  If you find that amusing, they have refused a 2-year-old for having no job to which he could return.

Have you taken advice about getting your child onshore and then applying for an onshore (802) child visa?

Thanks for the reply.

The child is offshore and yes the subclass is 101. We have not any applied for any other visa (it is just the child visa 101). My wife and my child is offshore and i am in Australia but we want to take our child to Australia so we can stay together (my wife already have PR). We are exploring different visa option for our child considering we have already applied for child visa 101. So far, we found visitor visa is suitable one but not sure which stream.

If you had taken advice you might have first applied for a visitor visa for your child and then for an onshore child visa. If your child is granted  a visitor visa without a 'no further stay' condition you could still pay again and apply onshore. You would have 2 child applications running (not a problem)and the onshore one would come with a bridging visa. 

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

I really appreciate your response.

You mean "visitor visa with 'no further stay' condition"???

And if we get the child visa granted while we are onshore, then do we need to come out of Australia and re-enter in order to activate the child visa?

Sorry if i wasn't clear. We applied for child visa 101 from offshore and if we apply for visitor visa (tourist stream) for a child and visit Australia we cannot get the child visa granted because we are onshore? Not even if we mention about in-process child visa in the visitor visa? And what about the no further stay condition? As per the visa condition here, there might be a condition on the visa but not sure if we can re-apply for the visitor visa.

Thank you for your patience 🙂

Ok....As per the immigration website, the processing time for child visa 101 is 14 to 19 months. How do we know that the grant of child visa is blocked because the child is onshore? And do we get enough time to plan travel and re-enter Australia?

I know that was a stupid question 😀. If we know that the visa is granted and we need to go offshore and visit again to activate the visa benefits but the question "do we get enough time to plan and travel offshore and come again" still remains.

There is a mention of health insurance for visitor visa. Is this a any health insurance that we can take or there is anything else we need to consider? With "no further stay" condition, can we apply again from onshore (this was answered by Westly Russell but i couldn't follow).

24 minutes ago, Pratap said:

I know that was a stupid question 😀. If we know that the visa is granted and we need to go offshore and visit again to activate the visa benefits but the question "do we get enough time to plan and travel offshore and come again" still remains.

There is a mention of health insurance for visitor visa. Is this a any health insurance that we can take or there is anything else we need to consider? With "no further stay" condition, can we apply again from onshore (this was answered by Westly Russell but i couldn't follow).

Westly Russell is an agent and there is a limit to how much free advice he is able to give.   I suggest you give him a call and arrange a formal consultation.

• Thanks 1

I rarely answer the phone, but I usually return  meaningful calls if the calling number is not blocked. The OP might want to apply for a tourist stream 600 and see what, if anything, is granted. If the conditions imposed on a visa do not suit, it does not have to be used. 

Edited by wrussell

On 28/08/2019 at 20:23, Pratap said:

Typically immigration will contact you to let you know that they're ready to grant the visa and they'll tell you to arrange to be offshore for xxxx days and to let them know your travel plans.  Most people plan a short visit to NZ or Bali and let Immigration know their flight details - once they're offshore Immigration can then grant the visa and it's activated when you re-enter.

• Thanks 1