Are we ever going to get our visa??

Emma_M

Can someone please reassure me that we still have a chance of receiving our grant?? I don’t seem to see anyone waiting as long as us, do any agents have any advice they can offer?

Here is our timeline and our agent has contacted the case officer by email twice since March with no reply! What do we do?

ANZSCO 322313 (Welder First Class)
28/11/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment part 1 lodged
22/12/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment positive result received 
18/04/18 - VETASSESS Technical Interview 
21/04/18 - IELTS Exam 
04/05/2018 - IELTS Results - L7.5, R8.0, W8.0, S8.0 Overall 8.0
22/05/18 - VETASSESS - AQF Cert 3 received 
22/05/18 - EOI Lodged 190 NSW
25/05/18 - Invited for nomination 
29/05/18 - Approval of state nomination + Invite to apply
19/06/18 - 190 NSW lodged
12/10/18 - CO contact for form 80
05/04/19 - CO contact for additional info on form 1229

Processing times depend on a number of factors including country of passport, processing office, character issues, health issues, etc. 

As you have been asked for a form 1229, it means that there is a child who needs permission from a parent to be included in the application. Sometimes the details and declarations on these consent issues are sent to an overseas office to confirm the details.

That’s so much for your reply Raul,

we are all uk passport holders, no character or medical issues. 

The thing that seems to be holding us up is the form 1229, that was submitted with the application but then further additional contact details were requested this was back in March, surely they should have got back to us by now? I think it’s Australia house in London that the 1229 form was being dealt with.

Yes that’s definitely what’s holding it up, they had tried to contact him unsuccessfully so asked for additional details like extra phone numbers and and an email address which was all passed over in March. I’m in touch with him (well his mother) and apparently they’ve never had any contact whatsoever!

Its very frustrating as he is happy for my son who is now 17 (was 15 when we lodged) to go and doesn’t have any contact with him. He doesn’t even have legal parental responsibility in Scotland as we weren’t married when he was born in 2002. 

I’m really starting to worry as we’ve waited so long, what happens when my son turns 18? I’m assuming he’ll no longer need permission but will he still be able to come on our visa??