482 visa advice please

I have been offered sponsorship by a large company. However my current Visa which is a student one runs out on Thurs. I am unsure if that leaves enough time to lodge and wonder what I should do now. My hubby is also on my Visa. The company are trying to get the application in but their immigration person was away until today. I am hoping they can clarify tomorrow but need to know what options I have as panicking. 

If you do not lodge another visa before your current one expires then you will be in the country unlawfully and this will not bode well for any future visas you apply for, and you may even end up with a ban. If your visa cannot be lodged before Thursday you would be better off leaving the country and applying for any further visas offshore. I am not a migration agent so I don’t know the specifics, it depends on what visa you are on and what you applying for but the above is just a general overview. 

I would speak to a registered migration agent ASAP as you don’t have time to mess about with, and given the complexity of your case, the solution you need is more than a general forum like this can provide.

Seriously, talk to an agent. You could end up in one massive mess if you don’t handle this correctly. I have no idea if you can apply for a visitor visa whilst onshore, or from the visa you are on, there may be a ‘no further stay’ condition on your current visa, or the visitor visa may carry one which will land you in a pickle. Either way, you’re not a genuine tourist which is what the visa is for... 

14 hours ago, partnership said:

I have been offered sponsorship by a large company. However my current Visa which is a student one runs out on Thurs. I am unsure if that leaves enough time to lodge and wonder what I should do now. My hubby is also on my Visa. The company are trying to get the application in but their immigration person was away until today. I am hoping they can clarify tomorrow but need to know what options I have as panicking. 

For most 482 applications, the sponsoring company needs to advertise the role for at least 28 days before any application can be lodged. If this was not already attended to, you will not be able to lodge a subclass 482 application in time and should make other arrangements.

3 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

For most 482 applications, the sponsoring company needs to advertise the role for at least 28 days before any application can be lodged. If this was not already attended to, you will not be able to lodge a subclass 482 application in time and should make other arrangements.

Thanks Raul. That is the reason it was delayed until now. They have met this requirement.

5 hours ago, partnership said:

Thanks Raul. That is the reason it was delayed until now. They have met this requirement.

Then you can hope they've been using the 28 days to get everything else in order to lodge the nomination right away.  It'll still be a narrow squeeze but maybe the timing will work out.  If it was me, I'd still organise a plan B just in case I needed it.

1 minute ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Then you can hope they've been using the 28 days to get everything else in order to lodge the nomination right away.  It'll still be a narrow squeeze but maybe the timing will work out.  If it was me, I'd still organise a plan B just in case I needed it.

Thanks. Am working on it. Does anyone know if I can lodge a 600 visitor visa the day before my visa expires? It is complicated by fact hubby is on my student visa and he will depart on 29th when visa up. Am afraid if my visitor visa granted it will cancel the student one leaving him in trouble. 

10 minutes ago, partnership said:

Thanks. Am working on it. Does anyone know if I can lodge a 600 visitor visa the day before my visa expires? It is complicated by fact hubby is on my student visa and he will depart on 29th when visa up. Am afraid if my visitor visa granted it will cancel the student one leaving him in trouble. 

But your student visa will be over anyway won’t it?

13 minutes ago, partnership said:

Due to your imminent visa expiry and very tight timelines, you should be working closely with your Agent to resolve these issues.

I don't think that trying to obtain solutions on a public forum, based on very minimal information is advisable.

5 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

But your student visa will be over anyway won’t it?

1 minute ago, Raul Senise said:

Due to your imminent visa expiry and very tight timelines, you should be working closely with your Agent to resolve these issues.

I don't think that trying to obtain solutions on a public forum, based on very minimal information is advisable.

Thanks Raul. I agree but am not in touch directly with the company agent it is very frustrating as have very little information. Would you be available for a consultation?