question about my granted 482

item-ax

Hello Pomsinoz !

I have asked my question to another forum, but didn't get any clue , i am trying here, maybe i'll be more lukcy, so here is my situation.

My company is trying to send me to Australia, my application was granted and I have now to go in Australia in the next months.
my company hired an external company for the migration process. I just found that my job name will be Computer network and systems engineer while I am an it technician guy. They said i don't have to worry, they did this because i will have a lot of work especially by installing a lot of network stuff for our 5 offices in australia.

I am worrying about the job name, is there anything i have to worry ?

what happen if i leave my company and want to work to another company but as IT technician , it will be possible ?? 

Also, on the other forum, someone said that i might be worried because of a skill assessment that was not made for my application, is this something true ? Especially because i have no diploma at all it IT , only my work experience (more than 12 years) as IT technician .

i still want to go there because my salary will be increased but i don't want to be blocked if i want to leave the company

thanks for help 
ps: i am from Germany

12 hours ago, item-ax said:

Hello Pomsinoz !

I have asked my question to another forum, but didn't get any clue , i am trying here, maybe i'll be more lukcy, so here is my situation.

My company is trying to send me to Australia, my application was granted and I have now to go in Australia in the next months.
my company hired an external company for the migration process. I just found that my job name will be Computer network and systems engineer while I am an it technician guy. They said i don't have to worry, they did this because i will have a lot of work especially by installing a lot of network stuff for our 5 offices in australia.

I am worrying about the job name, is there anything i have to worry ?

what happen if i leave my company and want to work to another company but as IT technician , it will be possible ?? 

Also, on the other forum, someone said that i might be worried because of a skill assessment that was not made for my application, is this something true ? Especially because i have no diploma at all it IT , only my work experience (more than 12 years) as IT technician .

i still want to go there because my salary will be increased but i don't want to be blocked if i want to leave the company

thanks for help 
ps: i am from Germany

It is not your job title which determines the correct occupation, it is the actual duties you perform.

The occupation of Computer network and systems engineer will give you more options from a visa perspective than IT Technician. 

• Thanks 1

One small point - I hope you're aware that it may be hard to leave your current company.   It won't be just a case of finding another job, you will have to find an employer who is willing to take over your sponsorship.    Many employers are reluctant to sponsor because of the time and effort involved.   

If you leave your current employer without another employer to take over your visa, you lose your right to live in Australia and you'll have to go home.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I've learned that Australia immigration law is one of the hardest ... This is a little bit scary that you can be blocked with your employer in such situations... In IT field , it is common to move to new company, when you have learned everything possible and want more technology or knowledge...

What do you think about my granted application without any formal qualifications at all ? Do you think I must worry about that ?

9 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

For a subclass 482 visa, employment experience can substitute for formal qualifications. This is quite normal, especially in IT.

Hi Raul. Is it really possible being granted a visa as systems engineer without formal qualifications and skill assessment ? How is it possible ? I will be in the same situation, and i am curious 

Edited by Guest
explanation

On 23/08/2019 at 18:32, easyrimka said:

Hi Raul. Is it really possible being granted a visa as systems engineer without formal qualifications and skill assessment ? How is it possible ? I will be in the same situation, and i am curious 

Yes it is possible and quite common. For IT occupations, both employment experience or vendor certification can substitute for formal qualifications.

• 6 months later...
On 23/08/2019 at 08:59, Raul Senise said:

For a subclass 482 visa, employment experience can substitute for formal qualifications. This is quite normal, especially in IT.

Hi Raul,

Can there be the other way around? Australian qualification as a substitution for a lack of experience?