register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

sam121

Citizenship Application (by conferral) Checklist

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone who recently applied from the UK had a check-list of documents required for Citizenship? 

The Immi site isn't too straightforward and doesn't list everything in one place (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo) and I've seen people hyperlink to an IMMI checklist which has since been removed.

Any help appreciated - Thank you! 😀

That looks fairly clear to me.  Notice that you click on the blue button marked "steps" and it lists every different kind of document in detail.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

All there if you click steps.

Also when you complete the form you can choose documents to identify yourself (passport etc).  At the end it will give you a list of things you need to upload as well.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

The document list will detail all the evidence you MAY have to provide - complete your application (you can do this without submitting) it will then give you a list of the documents they require. 

Can I double check, is it necessary to have the original birth certificate for the citizenship interview?

I won't be able to apply for two years, but won't be going home too often and wouldn't want to have my birth certificate shipped by mail.

42 minutes ago, t2529 said:

Can I double check, is it necessary to have the original birth certificate for the citizenship interview?

I won't be able to apply for two years, but won't be going home too often and wouldn't want to have my birth certificate shipped by mail.

You can order a certified copy from the General Register Office (GRO). I used this for my visa application(s) and citizenship application. Can't remember the cost but wasn't much in GBP. 

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19