Citizenship Application (by conferral) Checklist

sam121

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone who recently applied from the UK had a check-list of documents required for Citizenship? 

The Immi site isn't too straightforward and doesn't list everything in one place (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo) and I've seen people hyperlink to an IMMI checklist which has since been removed.

Any help appreciated - Thank you! 😀

Can I double check, is it necessary to have the original birth certificate for the citizenship interview?

I won't be able to apply for two years, but won't be going home too often and wouldn't want to have my birth certificate shipped by mail.

42 minutes ago, t2529 said:

Can I double check, is it necessary to have the original birth certificate for the citizenship interview?

I won't be able to apply for two years, but won't be going home too often and wouldn't want to have my birth certificate shipped by mail.

You can order a certified copy from the General Register Office (GRO). I used this for my visa application(s) and citizenship application. Can't remember the cost but wasn't much in GBP.