Bali

tonyman

33 minutes ago, tonyman said:

Can anyone please tell me the best resort in Bali to go to for Christmas that is faily quite, just for a pure relaxing holiday?

Just for a couple to enjoy good food, drinks and relaxation ect.

Thanks

It's a good few years since we were in Bali and we tended to avoid resorts but the areas of Sanur and Amed are (were) nice and quiet.  Google resorts there.  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyman said:

Can anyone please tell me the best resort in Bali to go to for Christmas that is faily quite, just for a pure relaxing holiday?

Just for a couple to enjoy good food, drinks and relaxation ect.

Thanks

The Laguna in Nusa Dua, been there three times, it’s mainly couples and a great place to escape to.

It was getting a tad old last time we were there, but everything else in the resort makes up for that, brilliant spot for a bit of R&R.

• Like 1

Just back from Seminyak. Was OK but probably better off season.  The lagoon area and some resorts on the East coast are quieter.  Christmas will be quieter anyway as it is the rainy season.

Even in Seminyak in high season we found quieter spots on the beach and restaurants off the main drag.  Can’t argue with $10 massages though!

We will go back but maybe not in August, when even Ubud inland was heaving!

• Like 1

Sanur is a great compromise between the busy Seminyak/Kuta and the remote places. There's still lots of modern and western convenience and good beach, but it's much quieter and generally more chilled!

We just did Ubud, Seminyak and Sanur and i'd do Sanur again in a heartbeat over the other two.

Intercontinental Hotel in Djimbaran bay is the best resort I've ever stayed at. Not too busy, not far to get from the airport, not a highrise, lovely grounds, 3 pools, one with a swimup bar. A few nice restaurants within easy walking distance.

Walk on to a lovely beach and don't get bothered by people trying to sell you stuff. Obviously a lot quiter than Kuta and Seminyak which me and the wife didn't like one bit. 

We also stayed at the Conrad in Benoa which was good but we preferred the interconti.

Either of them would be great for a relaxing holiday. Neither are near party or noisy areas. Took me a while to get my wife to go after the bombings but she loved it 99% of the people there are lovely.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...