Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


TRA SKILL Assesment - ECDL

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I am hoping to apply for either 190 or 489 visa for the position of ICT Customer Support Officer.
I have all papers prepared (payslips, payment summaries, signed employment templates...) 
Based on the below e-mail I got from TRA, I comply 100% with the employment requirements. 
However with the education... I completed 7 modules for the full ECDL certificate back in 2007. So I have an ECDL certificate but no other IT related qualification.

Do you think they will accept is as Cert IV in IT? Having been working in IT Support for 4 years will help? Anyone has experience with this?


TRA says the below: 

Under the TRA Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) Program, applicants are required to provide evidence of:

1. a qualification comparable to the relevant qualification in Australia for the occupation;  and
2. employment at the required skill level for Australian industry standards.

An overseas qualification may be comparable to the relevant AQF qualification for the occupation of ICT Customer Service Officer if the qualification:
* Is at a comparable level to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification level IV or above.  (note for a ICT Customer Service Officer the minimum requirement is an AQF Certificate IV in Information Technology),

* Is relevant to the nominated occupation and includes a range of competencies/subjects directly related to the nominated occupation, and
* Was issued by an institution/organisation that is accredited and regulated by the appropriate governing body in the country of issue. Your qualification/s must also be nationally recognised in the country of issue.

Your employment will be comparable if you:
*have worked in your trade for a minimum of three years after* the award of your qualification; and
* can demonstrate currency by having worked for 12 months in the last 36 months; and
* provide TRA with a completed employer/self-employment template for each employer you have worked for in the three years being claimed which can be verified by TRA; and
* provide TRA with sufficient evidence of being paid by each employer, such as payslips or tax documents.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now