ACCA member (Internal Auditor)

Hi all,

I am new here. I went through many threads but as you know everyone's profile is different from other. So, I need an advice from experts here. Below is the summary of my profile:

Education: 1: ACCA member                                                             Year of membership: 2018  / Year of completion: 2017

2: Advanced diploma in accounting & finance             Year of completion: 2013

3: CAT qualified                                                                 Year of completion: 2011

Experience: Employer 1:          3 years as an Internal Auditor 

Employer 2:          1 year as an Trainee in Big Four audit firm

IELTS:                                          7 Band each 

Marital status:                           Single

I know a lot of things going on in the immigration process like 10 points for single applicant. I want to know 4 things:

1: Will my experience count from 2013 or 2018?

2: How long it would take to get an invitation if I apply in December 2019 under 189/190 visa?

3: Is Internal Audit occupation suitable or Accountant General?

4: My 1 brother and 1 sister is australian citizen while one is in the last year of PR. Would I get priority based because of this or not under 189/190 visa?

Thank you russell for your prompt reply. Actually, I have very little idea about migration agents. Can you please suggest someone who could provide informal assessment so that I could get an idea. Additionally, I would be grateful if can you please provide answers to my questions which I asked above because they are very critical for my immigration points.

34 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

How many points do you have based on your current situation? 

Per skills select the current requirement for auditors and accountants is 85 points. 

Thank you for your reply. I intended to apply in December 2019 because my experience and age will increase my overall points. So, by December 2019 my points would be 70 through visa 189. Breakdown of it is below:

Qualification:   15 (As ACCA member equivalent to AQF 7)

Language:        10 (Although currently my IELTS score is 7 overall but my band in writing is 6.5 so I believe I can easily manage to get 7 band in each component in this month's attempt)

Overseas Experience: 5 (As my total experience falls under 4-5 years but post qualification experience is 2.5 years)

Single:                            10

By the way, as I mentioned in my original post, my elder brothers and one sister are Australian citizen so I believe they would prioritize my case based on it.

Edited by Abdullah Zafar

I'm afraid I don't know how your brother and sister living in Australia will impact your application. 

I know the July Invitation Round only sent invites to auditors and accountants with 85 points for 189 visa. 

Good luck with your application and keep us posted on your progress 👍

5 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

I'm afraid I don't know how your brother and sister living in Australia will impact your application. 

I know the July Invitation Round only sent invites to auditors and accountants with 85 points for 189 visa. 

What if I would go for 190 visa? Will it increase the chances or not?

And, secondly, would the overall invitation score expected to go down or it would stay stagnant for auditors and accountants?

14 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Hey Archimedes, I have gone through your thread posted back in April 2019. Have you lodged your EOI or at what stage you currently are?

23 minutes ago, Abdullah Zafar said:

Hey Archimedes, I have gone through your thread posted back in April 2019. Have you lodged your EOI or at what stage you currently are?

I'm going down the secondment route as I only have 80 points for 190 (75 for 189). I'm currently in the process of organising a 2 year secondment to Australia with my existing emoloyer. 

I'll then have two options:

Once I get the Australian work experience I will have 85 points and I'll reapply for 189/190.

Or I'll try to extend my secondment so I meet the 3 year requirement for the TSS to PR route. 

Anyway, as for the points requirements for auditors and accountants it was as high as 95 and 90 respectively earlier in 2019.

Best of luck mate 

Edited by Archimedes

6 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

I'm going down the secondment route as I only have 80 points for 190 (75 for 189). I'm currently in the process of organising a 2 year secondment to Australia with my existing emoloyer. 

I'll then have two options:

Once I get the Australian work experience I will have 85 points and I'll reapply for 189/190.

Or I'll try to extend my secondment so I meet the 3 year requirement for the TSS to PR route. 

Anyway, as for the points requirements for auditors and accountants it was as high as 95 and 90 respectively earlier in 2019.

Best of luck mate 

Well, that's a better and suitable route for you. The points you are referring to giving me nightmares. I hope it go down from November 2019. Otherwise, I would have to go for Canada 😫

On 19/08/2019 at 04:47, Abdullah Zafar said:

Well, that's a better and suitable route for you. The points you are referring to giving me nightmares. I hope it go down from November 2019. Otherwise, I would have to go for Canada 😫

It's not looking good.  There is a shortage of highly experienced accountants to fill senior positions in Australia.   However, there are far too many accountants at lower levels.  That is why the points requirement is so high and that is not likely to change much, IMO.