From student to marriage visa for my soon to be wife.

Sam Urai

7 hours ago, Sam Urai said:

I suggest the use of a dictionary before pressing the submit button. 

I am very happy to rephrase my last sentence, if the original version was somehow offensive to you, so “Based on my experience of situations like the one you have posted, I would respectfully suggest you seek a professional consultation, with another registered migration agent, to clarify the misconception inherent in your stated comment that getting married may perhaps favourably change your options with respect to your current girlfriend’s eligibility for an Australian partner visa”

Out of interest, do you also insult your local baker, and his noble profession, for providing free samples of his products?

• Like 4

I would imagine any possible help you were hoping to get from this forum has come to an end as your responses have been at best not appreciative and at worst unpleasant and rude.  You sound confident of going forward with your visa options without any professional help so all good.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 4

On 17/08/2019 at 21:33, Sam Urai said:

Having paid an agent a good amount of money in the past for very little service, then I feel that my experience and perspective is correct in saying that they offer no value to me. We could both buy the same mobile phone which I like but you don't. I'm sure your opinion about that particular phone would be weighted towards the negative, and your opinion of the phone shaped as such. 

With regards to where I talked about researching the visa myself. Please don't take it literally as I simply meant I'd like to pursue this application without the services of an agent. I'm more than happy to hear peoples own experiences and thoughts. I would be grateful if it was honest and sincere and not just from someone who is touting for business. I also don't expect anyone to have all the answers, but I'm sure I can collate information from lots of sources including those willing to share their experience. 

As with any industry there are good and bad operators. The Australian Immigration Industry is no different and gets even more criticism as there is usually no distinction made between Registered Migration Agents, Unregistered overseas operators (who are not regulated) and illegal operators.

You have obviously had a bad experience and it is understandable that you have a general bad view of the industry.

I don’t agree with your very general views, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Considering the very high costs of partner visas and the high refusal rate, some consider professional assistance to be warranted.

The Agents who have assisted the forum for a long time such as Paul, offer genuine assistance and are not simply touting for business. Occasionally a new Agent will come onto the forum trying to shamelessly advertise their business, but they are usually not tolerated for long.

In some cases, we may recommend professional assistance if the matter is more complex or not easily explained.

In your case, I agree with Paul, as going from a student visa to a partner visa is often mismanaged or misunderstood and ends in a bad outcome such as a Bridging Visa E. It is not something that can be explained in a few lines on a public forum.

Joining a forum and very quickly picking fights with long term members is probably not the best way to gain assistance.

Good luck with your application.

• Like 8