register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Stop the boats!

4 hours ago, s713 said:

When we lived in Australia, my wife was a social coordinator for refugees, a lot of whom were deemed 'illegal'.

The story I remember most was one of a Vietnamese friend of hers who had escaped the war in the 70s. She mentioned that she fled Vietnam is a boat, was intercepted by pirates, was raped, had her baby daughter taken and her husband murdered in front of her. Still, she encountered a lot of hate in Australia. I am playng down her story, it was much worse if you want the details.

I always wonder whether people have the slightest idea of what refugees go through. If your experience is the Daily Mail, I know the answer is No. It's a shame in 2020 that people aren't better. 

I don’t know anybody who would complain about a genuine refugees entering the uk , what most have concerns about are economic migrants who pay illegal people smugglers vast  sums of money to enter a country illegally. 
I remember the Vietnamese boat people coming to uk , they were made welcome in my home town in north wales. 

The case you quote  is not the same as passing through  5,6 maybe seven perfectly safe countries to obtain asylum.

we should be taking direct out of the refugee camps and those that are caught sent back to France 

Or do we just have a completely open boarder policy who ever gets here is given the right to stay indefinitely and set up with a house and welfare ? 

5 hours ago, s713 said:

Paul. Your previous posts show no empathy for refuguees. You know that.

I haven't seen that.  I have seen NO empathy for illegal and economic immigrants.  If you care about genuine refugees you should be able to differentiate. 

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 13:47, BacktoDemocracy said:

Depreciation, fuel, personnel hours dedicated to a project, whilst they are doing that they are not doing something else so there is opportunity costs but the biggest cost is fuel and the hours between replacement of component's. That thing uses fuel at a phenomenal rate.

But I think you will agree its nowhere near 20,000 an hour for fuel...plus they need regular training which uses just as much fuel

Edited by Perthbum

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

18 hours ago, Rallyman said:

we should be taking direct out of the refugee camps and those that are caught sent back to Franc

We should

18 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Or do we just have a completely open boarder policy who ever gets here is given the right to stay indefinitely and set up with a house and welfare

I guess the current obstacle course means we get some of the more resourceful refugees.

Sort of like an apprentice for asylum seekers.