Banks or others for moving money?

Pollywaffle

I’m sure this has been asked before - we are moving back to UK early next year - and I am trying to determine whether we use our banks to transfer our funds or a money moving co (can’t remember their correct name)- I would really appreciate hearing from those who have gone before as to your experiences with both options. 

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

Some of the banks have reduced their fees now, but in general, you will get a poor exchange rate with the banks AND they'll charge a fee on top.  I use Moneycorp:  if you join through these forums there are no fees. You can deal with them online but I made a silly mistake when I signed up and had to ring them, and it was such a treat to talk to a real person - and it wasn't a call centre person or a foreigner, it was someone who actually does the job - that I've stuck with them ever since for the occasional transfer. 

• Like 1

II used moneycorp as well when I moved back to the UK last year. Due to the size of transfer I had to speak to them on the phone and they were great. I made an error on a payment and phoned for that as well and they were lovely, had it sorted in no time.

Click on one of their adverts on the forum to sign up.

You can compare forex companies online for the best rates, depends how much you are moving as to how much difference the rate makes.

Good luck!

• Like 1