Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Aussiebird

Waiting to hear for 2nd time visa grant

Recommended Posts

Applied May 2019.   2nd time applying for my husband's Partner Visa 309/100. (Long story but wont go into that).

Am really hoping it will be granted soon, kind of thought as he's already had one in the past, it wouldnt take long to grant it second time round!

However, after seeing the long wait times currently on immi account, i shouldn't assume it will be granted, if at all!

We have included documents as proof of a  holiday we are going on in 2 weeks and again in September, so apart from everything else we have uploaded, it should be very obvious we are still married and very much together.

We would feel so much more assured if Immigration would just let us know if the application has been looked at, it still shows as "received".  I know its early days but some visas are being granted very quickly.  Others waiting more than 1 year.

His first one only took 4 or 5 months to be granted.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Applied May 2019.   2nd time applying for my husband's Partner Visa 309/100. (Long story but wont go into that).

Am really hoping it will be granted soon, kind of thought as he's already had one in the past, it wouldnt take long to grant it second time round!

However, after seeing the long wait times currently on immi account, i shouldn't assume it will be granted, if at all!

We have included documents as proof of a  holiday we are going on in 2 weeks and again in September, so apart from everything else we have uploaded, it should be very obvious we are still married and very much together.

We would feel so much more assured if Immigration would just let us know if the application has been looked at, it still shows as "received".  I know its early days but some visas are being granted very quickly.  Others waiting more than 1 year.

His first one only took 4 or 5 months to be granted.

 

 

 

 

Immigration won't let you know anything unless they need something else from you.-


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

We would feel so much more assured if Immigration would just let us know if the application has been looked at, it still shows as "received".  I know its early days but some visas are being granted very quickly.  Others waiting more than 1 year.

His first one only took 4 or 5 months to be granted.

The waiting times quoted are international and people born in or living in high risk countries are waiting a LOT longer due to the extra security checks.  Being from the UK you should be on the shorter end of the time so fingers crossed it won't be long.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ali said:

Immigration won't let you know anything unless they need something else from you.-

I think from what i can remember when my husband was granted his visa, he only had an email to request his medical to be done, then we just waited to hear if anything else was needed.  There was no email to say he was assigned a case officer.  Then one day just had an email to say visa granted.

At the moment, he's not sure if he should do his medical, or wait for it to be requested.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

I think from what i can remember when my husband was granted his visa, he only had an email to request his medical to be done, then we just waited to hear if anything else was needed.  There was no email to say he was assigned a case officer.  Then one day just had an email to say visa granted.

At the moment, he's not sure if he should do his medical, or wait for it to be requested.

 

 

They don't send emails to say a CO has been assigned.

Up to you whether to do the meds and pcc now or wait for the request. They are both only valid for 12 months so I think in your shoes I'd wait a couple of months at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×