Waiting to hear for 2nd time visa grant

Aussiebird

Applied May 2019.   2nd time applying for my husband's Partner Visa 309/100. (Long story but wont go into that).

Am really hoping it will be granted soon, kind of thought as he's already had one in the past, it wouldnt take long to grant it second time round!

However, after seeing the long wait times currently on immi account, i shouldn't assume it will be granted, if at all!

We have included documents as proof of a  holiday we are going on in 2 weeks and again in September, so apart from everything else we have uploaded, it should be very obvious we are still married and very much together.

We would feel so much more assured if Immigration would just let us know if the application has been looked at, it still shows as "received".  I know its early days but some visas are being granted very quickly.  Others waiting more than 1 year.

His first one only took 4 or 5 months to be granted.

6 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Applied May 2019.   2nd time applying for my husband's Partner Visa 309/100. (Long story but wont go into that).

Am really hoping it will be granted soon, kind of thought as he's already had one in the past, it wouldnt take long to grant it second time round!

However, after seeing the long wait times currently on immi account, i shouldn't assume it will be granted, if at all!

We have included documents as proof of a  holiday we are going on in 2 weeks and again in September, so apart from everything else we have uploaded, it should be very obvious we are still married and very much together.

We would feel so much more assured if Immigration would just let us know if the application has been looked at, it still shows as "received".  I know its early days but some visas are being granted very quickly.  Others waiting more than 1 year.

Immigration won't let you know anything unless they need something else from you.-

14 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

The waiting times quoted are international and people born in or living in high risk countries are waiting a LOT longer due to the extra security checks.  Being from the UK you should be on the shorter end of the time so fingers crossed it won't be long.

9 hours ago, ali said:

Immigration won't let you know anything unless they need something else from you.-

I think from what i can remember when my husband was granted his visa, he only had an email to request his medical to be done, then we just waited to hear if anything else was needed.  There was no email to say he was assigned a case officer.  Then one day just had an email to say visa granted.

At the moment, he's not sure if he should do his medical, or wait for it to be requested.

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

I think from what i can remember when my husband was granted his visa, he only had an email to request his medical to be done, then we just waited to hear if anything else was needed.  There was no email to say he was assigned a case officer.  Then one day just had an email to say visa granted.

At the moment, he's not sure if he should do his medical, or wait for it to be requested.

They don't send emails to say a CO has been assigned.

Up to you whether to do the meds and pcc now or wait for the request. They are both only valid for 12 months so I think in your shoes I'd wait a couple of months at least.