You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

DJH

What happens if you potentially lose your job as a PR but while citizenship application is being processed?

Hi there,

I am currently a permanent resident and after being on PR for a year I applied for citizenship earlier this year. Just wondered what happens if you lose your job while your citizenship application is underway and has not yet been finalised? Is there any impact on the citizenship application if you already have PR in place?

Cheers,

David

17 minutes ago, DJH said:

I am currently a permanent resident and after being on PR for a year I applied for citizenship earlier this year. Just wondered what happens if you lose your job while your citizenship application is underway and has not yet been finalised? Is there any impact on the citizenship application if you already have PR in place?

No

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

44 minutes ago, DJH said:

Hi there,

Cheers,

David

Depends on the circumstances. If you lost your job for a serious criminal charge / conviction, then that would have to be declared. 

1 hour ago, Red Rose said:

Depends on the circumstances. If you lost your job for a serious criminal charge / conviction, then that would have to be declared. 

Oh god really how realistic is that!

I don't think that's what they were asking. Employment status between pr and citizenship isnt relevant the op will be fine

You can lose citizenship let alone pr for serious criminal actions unless you've already surrendered your other citizenships

• Like 1