Immigration Health Examination (Medicals)

JRC

We have just submitted our visa application and our agent has asked us to now get our Medicals booked in and done. None of the locations are particularly close by and as a teacher I may struggle to get them done once back to work so wondered whether anyone knew if they do these at a weekend or whether some branches/medical centres do and some don’t? I haven’t called any of them yet and thought it’d be worth asking on here before calling each one inidiviually.

My family emigrated 14 years ago and we had Medicals in York but that’s no longer even an option by the looks of the immi website. 

By the way, I’m based in the uk! 

Thanks 😀

You would need to contact them individually as they are private health providers. I remember we were able to get an appointment on an a evening.

I would though question if you should be doing them yet with your agent as they are only valid for a year and first entry must be made within a year of medical / police check, which ever is earlier. So, it is generally advised to wait until the dept request them. 

Yeah I realised that I needed to contact them individually but just wanted to find out before calling around whether anyone already knew about the weekend appointment likelihood. 

For anyone else wanting to know this information... Manchester do not offer weekend appointments. 

Yeah I realised that I needed to contact them individually but just wanted to find out before calling around whether anyone already knew about the weekend appointment likelihood. 
For anyone else wanting to know this information... Manchester do not offer weekend appointments. 
Hi.

We had a weekend appointment in Sutton Coldfield.
A family of 5, we arrived at 9am and out by 11:30am.

Cheers
  • Like 1

On 13/08/2019 at 07:39, leighmarsh151084 said:

Hi.

We had a weekend appointment in Sutton Coldfield.
A family of 5, we arrived at 9am and out by 11:30am.

Cheers

Thank you so much for this. I managed to call them and book a weekend appointment. 👍🏻👍🏻 I just presumed that they didn’t after Manchester saying no. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, James H said:

What was involved in the medical ? 

Blood test - for HIV

Weight, height and BMI

Chest Xray 

Urine sample screened

Mobility and reflexes assessed e.g. can you touch your toes

Asked what medication if any and whether we’d had any operations or medical issues in the last few (I think 5) years.

And that was about it I think. We chose the Sutton Coldfield hospital and they were lovely, helpful and really friendly. Would highly recommend them. 

1 minute ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Basic all over body check, ie weight, height, blood pressure (I think) eye test etc

Urine example

Chest x-rays

And me and my wife just to have blood tests.

If I can remember anything else I will let you know. It was only in January but it's been like a whirlwind lol.

Cheers

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Blood test - for HIV

Weight, height and BMI

Chest Xray 

Urine sample screened

Mobility and reflexes assessed e.g. can you touch your toes

Asked what medication if any and whether we’d had any operations or medical issues in the last few (I think 5) years.

And that was about it I think. We chose the Sutton Coldfield hospital and they were lovely, helpful and really friendly. Would highly recommend them. 

Thanks ! 

Nothing too major then ! 

2 minutes ago, James H said:

Thanks ! 

Nothing too major then ! 

No, we were worried because my hubby has glaucoma and we took all his medical history with us but because he doesn’t take any medication for it then it didn’t matter anyway.

I always thought the Medicals were because Australia didn’t want people who were going to cost them money but I think it’s more about whether you will be physically fit and well enough to put into the system. 

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

No, we were worried because my hubby has glaucoma and we took all his medical history with us but because he doesn’t take any medication for it then it didn’t matter anyway.

I always thought the Medicals were because Australia didn’t want people who were going to cost them money but I think it’s more about whether you will be physically fit and well enough to put into the system. 

Good, here's me worrying about having hayfever ! 

• Haha 1