You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

BacktoDemocracy

Australia and Climate Change

A poor attempt. You are a political hack.  You promote yourself as some sort of expert on whatever topic comes up to vent your politics. Using the current bushfire misery of Australians to promote your politics is diabolical.  You have no idea. What other current affair are you going to hilack for your deperate need to be heard?? The price of fish perhaps?  You are the worst type of poster.

You are no fire chief, your brazen unashamed, carry on would sully their reputation and the high esteem they are held in.

For a man manger, advisor and strategist at the height of the firefighting command structure you seem to have very little understanding of strategy, advising the public or man management. Your continued tirade and responses are evidence of just that.

But do carry on - keep taking all the rope, and behaving shamefully.

7 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Let alone looking at the actions of the people who lived there. 

Did they put the cladding on,  or removed door closers on fire doors, but never mind its much easier to blame the people who lived there.

I forgot most of them were migrants weren't they so they must have been responsible 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ssiri said:

You are no fire chief, your brazen unashamed, carry on would sully their reputation and the high esteem they are held in.

For a man manger, advisor and strategist at the height of the firefighting command structure you seem to have very little understanding of strategy, advising the public or man management. Your continued tirade and responses are evidence of just that.

But do carry on - keep taking all the rope, and behaving shamefully.

Oh dont talk about fires. This is about you chum.  You have used PIO and the conversations therein to vent your politics. You have been found out. You, and your discussions are completely fake. You have been found out and no degree of defence will save you. SSIRI = fake political hack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh dont talk about fires. This is about you chum.  You have used PIO and the conversations therein to vent your politics. You have been found out. You, and your discussions are completely fake. You have been found out and no degree of defence will save you. SSIRI = fake political hack.

Well thank goodness for small mercies. You’ve dropped the shameful pretence of masquerading as a fire chief, to go about your brazen carry-on, ‘chum’.  

As for your opinion, and jumped up opprobrium- now that we know what you are about - do I look like I give a toss? Do I heck.

2 hours ago, ssiri said:

Firstly, when did you retire? Last year, this? Other?

I go by the advice of the state fire chiefs who wanted an audience with the current PM last year (April/May). They wanted to discuss the risk they predicted then, that this fire season will turn into a tragic issue (which it has), and their approach to mitigate it (I don’t know what that was, but they felt it needed Federal attention/ prime table discussion ).

Assuming they got that audience and their plan were endorsed, your colleagues (not retired) would have been given a new plan/directives via your command structure to enact.

I don’t have any simple or complicated solutions. I am going by the stance your bosses took. Simple.

Sadly, they weren’t given that audience, and here we are....

Because to do so would be an admission that 'climate change' was an unknown which had to be recognised and required Federal action, and there was no way the Libs were ever going to do that, in exactly the same way that my own govt have not rushed thro new legislation about fire safety regulations and reintroduced mandatory testing of building materials, because to do so would be an admission that their cutting of " red tape" so assiduously by zealot 'ministers' along with budget cuts was the root cause of the situation so much easier to blame the FB and the manufacturers and the designers.

The govt are doing everything possible to act like quiet little mice hoping that their big fat fingers in the making of this disaster will never be outed.

• Like 2

Because to do so would be an admission that 'climate change' was an unknown which had to be recognised and required Federal action, and there was no way the Libs were ever going to do that, in exactly the same way that my own govt have not rushed thro new legislation about fire safety regulations and reintroduced mandatory testing of building materials, because to do so would be an admission that their cutting of " red tape" so assiduously by zealot 'ministers' along with budget cuts was the root cause of the situation so much easier to blame the FB and the manufacturers and the designers. The govt are doing everything possible to act like quiet little mice hoping that their big fat fingers in the making of this disaster will never be outed.

Frankly, I wouldn’t bother, giving charlatans the time of day.

Those who actually are in positions of responsibility for fire prevention across the states have got it covered. The Government has had to heed them, as well as those who have lost so much and consequently hold their hand up and lead. That’s a good thing. It was the responsible thing to do, and is a start. The devastation has been such, and is not over yet.

4 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Because to do so would be an admission that 'climate change' was an unknown which had to be recognised and required Federal action, and there was no way the Libs were ever going to do that, in exactly the same way that my own govt have not rushed thro new legislation about fire safety regulations and reintroduced mandatory testing of building materials, because to do so would be an admission that their cutting of " red tape" so assiduously by zealot 'ministers' along with budget cuts was the root cause of the situation so much easier to blame the FB and the manufacturers and the designers.

The govt are doing everything possible to act like quiet little mice hoping that their big fat fingers in the making of this disaster will never be outed.

BTD. That may be true, seemingly at face value, but lets not, in the context of the prevailing  disaster in Australia, attempt to make political points scoring on the basis of the broader misery being felt nationally,  as some have clearly attempted to do. They should wait at least until we at least pop out of the smoke and review what has happened. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Well thank goodness for small mercies. You’ve dropped the shameful pretence of masquerading as a fire chief, to go about your brazen carry-on, ‘chum’.  

As for your opinion, and jumped up opprobrium- now that we know what you are about - do I look like I give a toss? Do I heck.

OMG Hilarious rambling.

Enough with the personal comments please. If the two of you would like to bicker please take it to private message as further posts will be removed.

Cal x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

1 hour ago, Dusty Plains said:

BTD. That may be true, seemingly at face value, but lets not, in the context of the prevailing  disaster in Australia, attempt to make political points scoring on the basis of the broader misery being felt nationally,  as some have clearly attempted to do. They should wait at least until we at least pop out of the smoke and review what has happened. 

Well who else is to blame, our respective govts have acted irresponsibly, for years they have acted as if there are no consequences to their beliefs, for my own country pretending that deregulation and budget cuts have no consequences and your own by pretending that ignoring climate change and the consequences flowing from it do not need to be considered in a country uniquely vulnerable to those consequences.

In both instances they are responsible, directly and indirectly, for what has happened and should be held accountable.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Did they put the cladding on,  or removed door closers on fire doors, but never mind its much easier to blame the people who lived there.

I forgot most of them were migrants weren't they so they must have been responsible 

I read an interview just after with one of the senior fire officers , he said that a major problem was tenants having mopeds and gallons of petroleum stored in flats how true I don’t know . 

This is a very good read from a experienced fire officer who was there that fateful night a very balanced and informative read

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/grenfell-tower-fire-one-year-one-kensington-a8397276.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

I read an interview just after with one of the senior fire officers , he said that a major problem was tenants having mopeds and gallons of petroleum stored in flats how true I don’t know . 

This is a very good read from a experienced fire officer who was there that fateful night a very balanced and informative read

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/grenfell-tower-fire-one-year-one-kensington-a8397276.html

I have no doubt true, but enforcing tenancy regs is down to the landlord, a TMO ( a arms length company), set up and dominated by Kensington and Chelsea Council.

Sold properties fitted their own non compliant front doors and the TMO seemed to be completely unaware of their responsibilities as head leaseholder to enforce fire regs.

I am very glad I got out before this mess became an everyday occurrence. 

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

Absolutely amazing that the so-called Grenfell Tower Fire inquiry blamed LFB.  

2 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Absolutely amazing that the so-called Grenfell Tower Fire inquiry blamed LFB.  

Shocking, lets blame the emergency service so we dont have to take the blame.

Image result for grenfell tower firefighters exhausted"

• Thanks 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I have no doubt true, but enforcing tenancy regs is down to the landlord, a TMO ( a arms length company), set up and dominated by Kensington and Chelsea Council.

Sold properties fitted their own non compliant front doors and the TMO seemed to be completely unaware of their responsibilities as head leaseholder to enforce fire regs.

I am very glad I got out before this mess became an everyday occurrence. 

Any works like that come under local building control, there must be a paper trail for who signed off on it . 

12 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Understand Morrison’s religion, and you’ll understand why. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

If they didn't remove door closers, overcrowd apartments who did?

There have been thousands of apartment blocks found with the same cladding and at least it's raised concerns and got something done about it.

Were most of them migrants? I didn't realise. 

16 hours ago, ssiri said:

Pathetic and sad. Your country burns, and this is all you have, as a ‘fire chief’?

I didn’t claim to be anything for you to suspect. You can attack me as much as you like if it makes you feel big and important.

However, the work of the real fire chiefs is available in black and white and glorious TV technicolour. They certainly don’t have time to waste on PIO, in their line of work, unlike you, it would seem.

The country isn't burning. You sound like the BBC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Well who else is to blame, our respective govts have acted irresponsibly, for years they have acted as if there are no consequences to their beliefs, for my own country pretending that deregulation and budget cuts have no consequences and your own by pretending that ignoring climate change and the consequences flowing from it do not need to be considered in a country uniquely vulnerable to those consequences.

In both instances they are responsible, directly and indirectly, for what has happened and should be held accountable.

They have never ignored climate change. You see thousands of installations of solar panels, solar farms, the same investment in wind turbines as anywhere else.

What they couldn't predict was the serious winds we had along with heatwaves. Also I heard someone on the radio who's involved in the enquiry say that 40% of the fires were found to be suspicious. That is some idiot started them.

4 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

What they couldn't predict was the serious winds we had along with heatwaves.

Seriously?  That is a normal predictor for increased bushfires in hot weather?  If there was no wind no bushfire would spread.

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

19 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Seriously?  That is a normal predictor for increased bushfires in hot weather?  If there was no wind no bushfire would spread.

No clue....

The fires have created their own weather situations, this was highlighted many times by RFS and one of reasons they had trouble extinguishing the fires 

Edited by Rallyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

How long a warning do they have for the really windy conditions we had though. Actually does it really matter how long, they can't stop it being windy, all they can do is prepare for the worst, which it seemed to be this year.