Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 19/04/2021 at 22:32, Raj2016 said:

We applied on 18 March 2016.

email received to submit Medicals and AOS and police checks.

everything submitted by 17 March 2020.  Then nothing heard. 
mine applicant is onshore and one is offshore. 
still waiting. 

when was your last contact? When did you do AOS?

In March 2020 request Aos ,medicle,police clearance

pcc medicle done in March 2020 

Aos done in may 2020

Again on 02 April 2021 request again and ask  police clearance (old expire)

On 8 April 2021  pcc done and email to immigration

Now waiting 

10 minutes ago, Raj2016 said:

April last year. Since then nothing. 

Hi. Can someone shed some light as to what the income requirement of a sponsor is? I read that it's taxable income of  CAD83+k. Do they really mean taxable income or annual income? Cos if it's taxable income, it's a lot right?

7 minutes ago, lchin said:

Hi. Can someone shed some light as to what the income requirement of a sponsor is? I read that it's taxable income of  CAD83+k. Do they really mean taxable income or annual income? Cos if it's taxable income, it's a lot right?

It is annual taxable income, and yes it is high.  It was increased significantly about 3 years ago, as can be seen from this table. (AUS$).

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/FlagPost/2018/April/Assurance_of_Support_changes

29 minutes ago, Sadge said:

It is annual taxable income, and yes it is high.  It was increased significantly about 3 years ago, as can be seen from this table. (AUS$).

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/FlagPost/2018/April/Assurance_of_Support_changes

I was under the impression this had been scrapped due to a big campaign against it? 

A better  idea of what’s is needed is here 

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support

Urgent Request from everyone:
Please make a submission to the Australian Senate about this issue. The submission closing date is 30 Apr 2021 !!!

I've posted more information here
https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/213074-urgent-family-and-partner-visa-senete-enquiy-let-senete-hear-your-voice-submissions-closing-30-apr-2021/

Even if you had your visa granted, or if you know someone who has been through this pain, please take a moment to read and make your case to the Government.

It's been a while since my last post, but mum is on a flight tomorrow! I can't believe it's finally here. She's on her way to the airport now to fly in the morning. Thoroughly reccomennd Jennie from British Travel for anyone needing to book flights to or from the UK!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

5 hours ago, NatS259 said:

It's been a while since my last post, but mum is on a flight tomorrow! I can't believe it's finally here. She's on her way to the airport now to fly in the morning. Thoroughly reccomennd Jennie from British Travel for anyone needing to book flights to or from the UK!

Great news, hope she has a safe journey,  we landed in Perth on the 31st of March. So relieved we eventually got here. 

• Congratulations 1

18 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

Great news, hope she has a safe journey,  we landed in Perth on the 31st of March. So relieved we eventually got here. 

Congratulations! She’s all checked in and flies in 1.5 hours so fingers crossed we’re on the home stretch of a 5.5 year journey!!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

On 02/05/2021 at 09:57, NatS259 said:

That's great news!  We've just received our negative test results and are due to fly Thursday morning.  Desperately hoping for no last minute hitches! 

• Congratulations 1

4 hours ago, BargeUK said:

That's great news!  We've just received our negative test results and are due to fly Thursday morning.  Desperately hoping for no last minute hitches! 

Hello,  I really hope it all goes smoothly for you, it’s such a stressful time. Remind me are you flying in Melbourne or was it Sydney after all the problems you had with the flight cancellations? 

2 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

Hello,  I really hope it all goes smoothly for you, it’s such a stressful time. Remind me are you flying in Melbourne or was it Sydney after all the problems you had with the flight cancellations? 

Thank you - it certainly has been a stressful few months.  I've become a bit of a nervous wreck! It was Melbourne originally then Sydney then Melbourne again!  The first two were cancelled and after that we had a choice of Sydney or Melbourne.  My heart said Sydney because the flight was sooner but my head said Melbourne because that's where we're headed.  Didn't want to risk a border closure between the two and end up with a double quarantine!  I'm almost daring to believe this might happen!  Five years on Sunday since we applied.  Did you manage to get any one-way travel insurance or were you with Emirates?  I think they include it don't they?  I'm not sure who to try - I realise I've left it a bit late but better late than never

18 hours ago, BargeUK said:

Thank you - it certainly has been a stressful few months.  I've become a bit of a nervous wreck! It was Melbourne originally then Sydney then Melbourne again!  The first two were cancelled and after that we had a choice of Sydney or Melbourne.  My heart said Sydney because the flight was sooner but my head said Melbourne because that's where we're headed.  Didn't want to risk a border closure between the two and end up with a double quarantine!  I'm almost daring to believe this might happen!  Five years on Sunday since we applied.  Did you manage to get any one-way travel insurance or were you with Emirates?  I think they include it don't they?  I'm not sure who to try - I realise I've left it a bit late but better late than never

Yes I got it online with insure and go, it was cheap enough. We were with emirates but you don’t get travel insurance included. Just dare not travel without it in case we are Ill and need to be hospitalised abroad. It happened once on a flight to Oz a few years back, a man had a suspected heart attack and we landed in Sri Lanka to treat him.  He didn’t want to get off as he didn’t have insurance but they made him go to hospital. 

good luck and safe travels 

On 13/04/2021 at 11:48, LindaH27 said:

I can see the parent visa grants are not as many as there could have been but I’m more struck by the fact the partner visas were given a temporary one year huge increase to 77300 - and yet very few - 26993-  were actually granted!  A much bigger percentage drop than parents,  even though potential parents grants were originally reduced in planning levels for 20-21  and potential partner grants increased! 

You can see in this table at 31 Jan 2021 they had already granted 3468 visas for parents in totals.  Must be sitting on a few cases now if no grants left?

On 05/05/2021 at 11:37, Lady Jane said:

Yes I got it online with insure and go, it was cheap enough. We were with emirates but you don’t get travel insurance included. Just dare not travel without it in case we are Ill and need to be hospitalised abroad. It happened once on a flight to Oz a few years back, a man had a suspected heart attack and we landed in Sri Lanka to treat him.  He didn’t want to get off as he didn’t have insurance but they made him go to hospital. 

good luck and safe travels 

Thanks for this.  We did actually travel without it in the end - that's the first time ever but guess we got lucky because we're safely here now and are just beginning our 2 weeks quarantine.  It's been a long journey - just 2 days short of 5 years but looking forward to being with our son and grandson again.  Good luck to all those of you still waiting - hopefully things will improve in due course

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

13 hours ago, BargeUK said:

Thanks for this.  We did actually travel without it in the end - that's the first time ever but guess we got lucky because we're safely here now and are just beginning our 2 weeks quarantine.  It's been a long journey - just 2 days short of 5 years but looking forward to being with our son and grandson again.  Good luck to all those of you still waiting - hopefully things will improve in due course

Brilliant news, you can chill a bit in quarantine. 

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2021 at 14:18, Johnson said:

Looks like queueing is moving now

image.thumb.png.e12d9e1f428614c8bd3d440a84322596.png

Johnson, how does one access this kind of information? I am sending blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au but the auto-reply seem to have stopped!!

3 hours ago, PiK said:

Johnson, how does one access this kind of information? I am sending blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au but the auto-reply seem to have stopped!!

PiK type Test in the subject line or anything really and you should get the auto-reply message back. Check your junk or spam folder too as it may have been filtered out of your inbox? It is working.