Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

13 hours ago, 143mag said:

We are offshore, and feel like every time our file reaches near finalisation, theres a change in rules which are not in our favour. 

We cant say for the rules. But looks like most of us missed the change introduced in Oct to reduce the parents visa quota and it was readjusted to give to Partner.

Quota for family visas hasnt changed (not sure of it though)

Now realistically. 

If you are a citizen or PR and have married or have a partner who is overseas because they dont have visa. Who do you choose to get first Partner/Parent. 

I know it is not that simple. But this is what we are dealing with.  

If you have not heard about VAC2, then I would say July is the time you will hear for it. This is again from my own experience. 

10 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Sadly with the numbers being so low they may have used up all the places 

They are most definitely used up. I cant give you concrete evidence but that is what I have been told from IMMI themselves.
If they have a few places left, we won’t hear until after the onshore get their grant i.e. after 24 March. 

• Sad 1

On 26/02/2021 at 08:09, MELBNGSM said:

They are most definitely used up. I cant give you concrete evidence but that is what I have been told from IMMI themselves.
If they have a few places left, we won’t hear until after the onshore get their grant i.e. after 24 March. 

Oh dear. That means we won't be hearing anything until July this year. I am just concerned that we will be asked to do medicals again seeing that they will expire in July this year. Not to forget that the AOS bond has already been paid. Wait and watch game I guess with a few unknowns it is. 

1 hour ago, Gadgetfreak28 said:

Oh dear. That means we won't be hearing anything until July this year. I am just concerned that we will be asked to do medicals again seeing that they will expire in July this year. Not to forget that the AOS bond has already been paid. Wait and watch game I guess with a few unknowns it is. 

@Gadgetfreak28 were you sent an email 2nd week of Feb about your application being released from que for processing and informing you of legislative change to allow Visa grants on-shore for offshore applicants? 
We have seen Medicals extended for 6 months and police extended for 3months. You may get them extended as well albeit it isnt certain. 
FYI - Some people had to do Medicals again as the extension had also expired. 
Regarding AOS you are in the same boat as everyone else. 
There are people who have paid VAC2 nearly 6 months ago now and are waiting for a grant becuase they could not go offshore.  

10 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

were you sent an email 2nd week of Feb about your application being released from que for processing and informing you of legislative change to allow Visa grants on-shore for offshore applicants? 

In our case, my parents are offshore and that's probably why they haven't received any emails. The last communication was when there was a request to get the AOS done. Haven't heard anything ever since. Hopefully we all see some movement in this space soon.

6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Be quick with any submissions!

Closing date for submissions :-

30 April 2021

Reporting date :-

10 August 2021

So the department just replied saying we cannot prioritise your file and to be fair with other applicants as it’s strictly date order and we just have to wait. We being March 2016. May 16 got their visas. Not sure what to do. 

Hi 143mag, there was an earlier post that IMMI had reached the quota for 143 visas with the onshore concessions to be handled on 24 March.  I heard from others you will go into the 1 July program year so possibly not much you can do now.  They are trying to fit 6 parent visa categories into the 4,500 visas before 30 June which is a big reduction in the scheme of what has been done in the past.  I think their current focus is onshore work and the concessions have stopped the movement for offshore applications for a long time.  They did update the website with what cases released from the queue too last month as well as showing more progress onshore.

On 25/02/2021 at 21:05, Kathss56 said:

Definitely not 

Are you speaking from experience?    By that I mean, do you know for sure that constantly emailing the case officer gets results?

I can't help thinking that if everyone is emailing them every week, they're never going to get any work done....

2 hours ago, Johnson said:

Hi 143mag, there was an earlier post that IMMI had reached the quota for 143 visas with the onshore concessions to be handled on 24 March.  I heard from others you will go into the 1 July program year so possibly not much you can do now.  They are trying to fit 6 parent visa categories into the 4,500 visas before 30 June which is a big reduction in the scheme of what has been done in the past.  I think their current focus is onshore work and the concessions have stopped the movement for offshore applications for a long time.  They did update the website with what cases released from the queue too last month as well as showing more progress onshore.

Where you getting those progress stats from? So come july they still going to focus on people who are onshore? Thats not fair. 

They probably have a stack offshore applications too which have not finished yet based on what others saying here. I think the COVID-19 situation has changed how they run.

From IMMI website and mailbox reply, have a look at COVID-19 visa concessions | COVID-19 and the border (homeaffairs.gov.au)

... The COVID-19 concession period started on 1 February 2020 and is a temporary arrangement. Check back here for updates about when the concession period will end.

Applicants who come to Australia after the end of the COVID-19 concession period will not be able to be granted their visa while they are in Australia.

Visas included in this concession are:

• Child (subclass 101) visa
  • Adoption (subclass 102) visa
  • Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
  • Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
  • Partner (subclass 309) visa.

Concessions for Parent visas

It is intended that a separate concession would also be extended to eligible Parent visa applicants during the COVID-19 period. This temporary concession is intended to commence on 24 March 2021. ...

I guess the concession period will end when the Global Travel Ban is lifted which based on all the travel talk in the media but who knows as the Govt talked about international travel again in 2022 ... logically it then seems onshore applicants get priority over offshore applicants which do not help my application lodged 13 November 2017. Years away with this COVID-19 thing and change in focus.

Queue release dates

As at February 2021, we have released for final processing:

• Contributory Parent visa applications with a queue date up to May 2016
  • Parent visa applications with a queue date up to September 2010
  • Aged Parent visa applications with a queue date up to December 2012

We only update this information when the latest final processing dates are available.

* updated 10 Feb 2021

Please note that the Department is required to process Parent and Contributory Parent applications in date order and within annual limits. We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to February 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from February 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of December 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of December 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

I did read about this concession and it also says that it will not affect parent visa processing. By which I assume its queue. But according to what you are telling me is if a 2018 applicant is sitting in oz, they would be asked further docs in july 2021 instead of june 2016. Which is again very unfair. 

No I mean IMMI are working on Aged Parent applications subclass 804 now and the 143s are stuck in May 2016 so you won't know until they start again requesting docs for June 2016 because they release by queued dates.  Noting they need to finish off those 143 cases onshore who are paid and waiting for visa grants so we will see some movement end of this month, April, and then July from what I have heard and seen on the forum.

14 minutes ago, Johnson said:

No I mean IMMI are working on Aged Parent applications subclass 804 now and the 143s are stuck in May 2016 so you won't know until they start again requesting docs for June 2016 because they release by queued dates.  Noting they need to finish off those 143 cases onshore who are paid and waiting for visa grants so we will see some movement end of this month, April, and then July from what I have heard and seen on the forum.

Well lets see, been hoping for best for 60 months now. Was supposed to be 18 months and website used to say back then could be earlier.

Hello everyone, newbie poster here… Just wondering if there are any other CPV143 holders due to fly into Melbourne in the next couple of months that have any updated information on flight cancellations/changes? We are due to fly into Melbourne, mid-April and just don't know whether to wait to see if the airport reopens by then or to change our flights to another airport. Any advice or shared knowledge welcome, as it is so difficult to find out anything.