Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 30/07/2019 at 13:31, MYY said:

Applied subclass 143 on 14/10/2015 

Acknowledgement received on 14/10/2015 

Request for Form 80, police checks, AOS & medical on 23/07/2019

Hi MYY,

What's your present position, we r still waiting for AOS approval .

On 01/08/2019 at 21:32, theballies said:

@Abdur Rashid commented on the other thread yesterday that their application from 18 November 2015 got CO yesterday! That is the latest date I have heard so far. 🎉

Ours 07th Dec.15. got CO on 06th Aug 2019.After submitting all d documents waiting for centrelink response .

• Congratulations 1

On 03/10/2019 at 06:24, karu1 said:

Hi MYY, 

Have u been granted ?

Hi Karu1,

Sorry for the late response as I was away from the country.

We have done the medical and submitted all necessary documents. Our assurer has also submitted the AOS bond last week.

On 07/10/2019 at 23:00, MYY said:

Hi Karu1,

Sorry for the late response as I was away from the country.

We have done the medical and submitted all necessary documents. Our assurer has also submitted the AOS bond last week.

Thank u MYY,  so same as us. 

27 minutes ago, Leana said:

Can someone tell me what email address you send a blank email to to find out where there are up to with 143 visas? Thank you

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au 

put something like 143 in the subject should get an almost instant reply

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just my 2 cents worth...

Lodged AOS with Centre Link 3rd Aug 2019, on myGov the estimated date of completion was 16th Sept....checking everyday can be soul destroying!

3rd Oct 2019 Centre Link sent me a letter requesting a AOS phone interview. The interview was very straight forward they basically just check your personal details... took about 10 mins maximum. The interview was on a Thursday, the following Monday I had a letter in the post to arrange the bank guarantee with Commonwealth Bank...just a note when you go to CBA have $150 cash ready if you don't already bank with them...this is the fee they charge to set up the fixed term desposit account. Make sure you find a staff member who is familiar with the process as I had a rookie (less said about that, the better)!!!

14th Oct Uploaded Bank Guarantee on myGov....You have to upload the centre link letter and bank docs on mygov/centrelink, it's not very clear on the steps you need to follow but use the number centrelink give you for the interview to ask any questions, to be fair CL were very helpful.

So i'm now waiting for CL to inform immigration and hopefully request the 2nd VAC, anyone know how long this takes?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, redtour said:

Just my 2 cents worth...

Lodged AOS with Centre Link 3rd Aug 2019, on myGov the estimated date of completion was 16th Sept....checking everyday can be soul destroying!

3rd Oct 2019 Centre Link sent me a letter requesting a AOS phone interview. The interview was very straight forward they basically just check your personal details... took about 10 mins maximum. The interview was on a Thursday, the following Monday I had a letter in the post to arrange the bank guarantee with Commonwealth Bank...just a note when you go to CBA have $150 cash ready if you don't already bank with them...this is the fee they charge to set up the fixed term desposit account. Make sure you find a staff member who is familiar with the process as I had a rookie (less said about that, the better)!!!

14th Oct Uploaded Bank Guarantee on myGov....You have to upload the centre link letter and bank docs on mygov/centrelink, it's not very clear on the steps you need to follow but use the number centrelink give you for the interview to ask any questions, to be fair CL were very helpful.

So i'm now waiting for CL to inform immigration and hopefully request the 2nd VAC, anyone know how long this takes?

Hi, could you give state timeline please? It helps all of us who are still waiting. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redtour said:

Just my 2 cents worth...

Thank you for all that info especially the bit about opening an account with CommBank.My son also had his phone interview today and was told 7 to 10 days he will receive a letter giving him all the info needed to pay the bond. Then it will be another 4 weeks for immi to issue the acceptance letter.. not sure how long after that before we will be asked to pay the second installment.  Don’t know if it helped or just coincidence but my daughter in law phoned centerlink the day before to ask if everything was in order.. they looked up on their system and told her it showed Active. Then the following day my son got the call.. coincidence or what!!  Good luck everyone. Shelagh🤞

12 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Thank you for all that info especially the bit about opening an account with CommBank.My son also had his phone interview today and was told 7 to 10 days he will receive a letter giving him all the info needed to pay the bond. Then it will be another 4 weeks for immi to issue the acceptance letter.. not sure how long after that before we will be asked to pay the second installment.  Don’t know if it helped or just coincidence but my daughter in law phoned centerlink the day before to ask if everything was in order.. they looked up on their system and told her it showed Active. Then the following day my son got the call.. coincidence or what!!  Good luck everyone. Shelagh🤞

Hopefully the letter shouldn't take too long for you to come, I didn't risk calling Centre Link beforehand as some people have said that it can delay the application...not sure if it's scare tactics haha

Edited by redtour

They were told The paperwork for the Aos should be completed by 20/9 so as they didn’t hear anything by last week daughter in law tried phoning but couldn’t get through until yesterday. Just Incase they had missed the interview or email etc.   When did you apply for your 143 visa. We applied 8/12/2015 and will be going to Adelaide if all goes to plan.

13 hours ago, Leana said:

Dear redtour, have your parents been contacted yet to provide any documents? My parents applied in March 2016 and have not been contacted yet, it is so frustrating! 

Hi Leane, yes they were contacted in May 2019 to provide the 1st VAC and to carry out the Police and Medical checks. Good luck hope they contact your parents soon 🙂

Hi All,

Can some one kindly help me with this ?

This is my current situation:

* Im Aus Citizen and married, no children.

* I want to bring my MOTHER via Parent 143 visa

* Im the ONLY child she has ( No other children ).

* My mother is divorced from my Biological  Father,

* She got re-married and got Divorced from that one too ( No children from that marriage ) but my STEP FATHER has THREE Children which are over 18 years of age (and not dependent ), and not living with them. they are all in different countries other than Australia and USA (where my mother lives currently)

Question 1: Since Im the only child that my mother have, and she had NO Connection with her former partners step children , and since she is divorced now, I shouldn't  have any issues with family balance test  ?

Question 2: Do I even need to state those children's details in my mother application ? I mean she has no connection and she has no details of them either

Question 3: In Form 47PA Application Question 57, Part H : "MEMBERS OF THE FAMLY UNIT AGED 18 YEARS AND OVER", I dont have to p=include my details here do we, Since Im he sponsor ?And we dont have to include my mothers former partners children ( they are over 22 yeas old and not dependent )

Thanks in advanced 

I don’t think your mother’s step children from her former marriage would count as dependents and therefore she would meet the balance of family test. However I would have a chat with an emigration expert to be sure. If you just gave them a call to explain the circumstances I don’t think they would charge you to give advice regarding the balance of family criteria (mine didn’t). To be honest the whole application process take so long you don’t want any mistakes on your application form.  My ex husband’s children, who are my sons’s half brothers/sister didn’t affect my balance of family test.   I know it’s not exactly the same but I think they are just trying to determine direct dependents. Sorry I can’t give you a straightforward  answer but hope this helps.

46 minutes ago, JoMichellle said:

I don’t think your mother’s step children from her former marriage would count as dependents and therefore she would meet the balance of family test. However I would have a chat with an emigration expert to be sure. If you just gave them a call to explain the circumstances I don’t think they would charge you to give advice regarding the balance of family criteria (mine didn’t). To be honest the whole application process take so long you don’t want any mistakes on your application form.  My ex husband’s children, who are my sons’s half brothers/sister didn’t affect my balance of family test.   I know it’s not exactly the same but I think they are just trying to determine direct dependents. Sorry I can’t give you a straightforward  answer but hope this helps

15 hours ago, Aussie69 said:

Hi All,

Can some one kindly help me with this ?

This is my current situation:

* Im Aus Citizen and married, no children.

* I want to bring my MOTHER via Parent 143 visa

* Im the ONLY child she has ( No other children ).

* My mother is divorced from my Biological  Father,

* She got re-married and got Divorced from that one too ( No children from that marriage ) but my STEP FATHER has THREE Children which are over 18 years of age (and not dependent ), and not living with them. they are all in different countries other than Australia and USA (where my mother lives currently)

Question 1: Since Im the only child that my mother have, and she had NO Connection with her former partners step children , and since she is divorced now, I shouldn't  have any issues with family balance test  ?

Question 2: Do I even need to state those children's details in my mother application ? I mean she has no connection and she has no details of them either

Question 3: In Form 47PA Application Question 57, Part H : "MEMBERS OF THE FAMLY UNIT AGED 18 YEARS AND OVER", I dont have to p=include my details here do we, Since Im he sponsor ?And we dont have to include my mothers former partners children ( they are over 22 yeas old and not dependent )

Thanks in advanced 

If I was you I’d ask a migrant agent. Most on here can only tell you what they think rather then know for sure as it’s a bit complicated. Worth spending a very small amount on the right advice.  I assume you’re a where of the very long wait times now for parent visas?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

As a long time member of PIO I have posted again and again that posters should only take immigration advice from registered Mara MA’s. 

Amateur advice however well intentioned is exactly that amateur, and can lead to irreversible mistakes made to a visa application.

We can and do all help support each other, relate our own experiences, eg having a medical, problems with Centre Link etc, but leave immigration advice to the experts. Some if not all ? MA’s do give limited free advice, or as mentioned above, it is probably worth paying a agent a small amount rather than making an expensive mistake.

wish you all the best with your application. 

• Like 1