Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

3 minutes ago, Deniseli0612 said:

Hi @MELBNGSM,  Have  you received any letter from Immigration department? I have received one email today but i  think its standard email they sent to  everyone  for the  applicants are onshore. its regarding the  temporary concession for  certain parents Visa applicants.  

Yes I got that letter.
I also got letter yestrerday from the PVC about doing medicals again fpr my Dad as I posted yesterday. 
Emailed IMMI asked why the medicals are needed again since they are valid for 1 year. Wiating for response. 

15 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Yes I got that letter.
I also got letter yestrerday from the PVC about doing medicals again fpr my Dad as I posted yesterday. 
Emailed IMMI asked why the medicals are needed again since they are valid for 1 year. Wiating for response. 

I see. So are you parents onshore ? I guess all the onshore applicants receive the email but it doesn’t really say much. 

3 minutes ago, Deniseli0612 said:

I see. So are you parents onshore ? I guess all the onshore applicants receive the email but it doesn’t really say much. 

My parents are 50/50
Mom is here. Dad is in NZ with my sister. 
He was suppose to get back on 21 March 2020. If my memory serves me well. they closed the borders on 20 March 2020 here in OZ.
The letter is sent to the applicants who have got second VAC and to the people whose application is being processed at the moment. Perhaps not to 'all'.

25 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

My parents are 50/50
Mom is here. Dad is in NZ with my sister. 
He was suppose to get back on 21 March 2020. If my memory serves me well. they closed the borders on 20 March 2020 here in OZ.
The letter is sent to the applicants who have got second VAC and to the people whose application is being processed at the moment. Perhaps not to 'all'.

I hope you are right. Do you  get 2 emails at the same time from the same email address or different time ?

thank you 

Just now, Deniseli0612 said:

I hope you are right. Do you  get 2 emails at the same time from the same email address or different time ?

thank you 

I get 2 automated emails when I send email to PVC Team. One is WA Parents other one is PVC Team and they come out at the same time. 

13 minutes ago, Deniseli0612 said:

thank you 

Also I hear from other members of the group that the temporary concessions are not just the grant of visa onshore but also:
- 3 months extension for police
- 6 months extension for medicals
But these were only offered to the people who got second VAC possibly. 
Some of my parents police checks are already expired and have not been asked to supply them yet. 

Edited by MELBNGSM

3 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Also I hear from other members of the group that the temporary temporary concessions are not just the grant of visa onshore but also:
- 3 months extension for police
- 6 months extension for medicals
But these were only offered to the people who got second VAC possibly. 
Some of my parents police checks are already expired and have not been asked to supply them yet. 

yeah i heard  about it but i think its case by case. who knows. hopefully we all hear some good news soon.

We paid our second VAC last August. Our Medical’s run out on 6th March. We renewed our police checks in December. We are onshore 

Last week we were contacted by our case officer and told that he was waiting for the legislation to be introduced so we could get our visa before the expiry date. Yesterday he contacted us to say that the changes required might not happen as quickly as he had hoped( he has been very supportive) and that we should plan to have new Medical’s. We’ve decided to have them done in case the amendments aren’t made as quickly as we all had hoped. It just keeps dragging on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@Bigtrev have they not given you 6mth extension on medical or is March the already extended date? 

Hi Kath, no that’s the extended date. Our case officer is on our side but can’t do anything until the amendment is put in place, which in his view isn’t going to be in the next couple of weeks. I’ll keep you posted.

16 minutes ago, Bigtrev said:

Hi Kath, no that’s the extended date. Our case officer is on our side but can’t do anything until the amendment is put in place, which in his view isn’t going to be in the next couple of weeks. I’ll keep you posted.

7 weeks until the end of end of first quarter 😐

As I suspected. Extended date for medicals and police checks are for people who have received second VAC.

To date we have had no emails from our case officer except emails to provide more information. When we asked for update its just a long silence and then again an email asking for more information. 

14 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

As I suspected. Extended date for medicals and police checks are for people who have received second VAC.

To date we have had no emails from our case officer except emails to provide more information. When we asked for update its just a long silence and then again an email asking for more information. 

did you hear more from Immigration officer today after you sending email? Thanks 

Hi All, 

We applied for 143 in mid September 2016. From the latest info how long do you estimate it would take our parents visa to be finalised. 

My estimates are 3-6 months but others have reported more than a year 

They are now showing age and i fear of their wellbeing. If its more than a year still, i will move overseas with them for a year. 

On 10/02/2021 at 21:41, Bigtrev said:

Hi BigTrev.
You must be happy with the news of on-shore Grants.
Just wanted to know, Did they say your medicals will be extended for 6 months at the time when they sent you request for 2nd VAC? 
Do you need to do them again since your grant is on 24 March now? 

We still havent received the 2nd VAC and most of the police checks and Medicals expire by 24 March 2021. If we get 6monhts extension then we will be good, nut not sure if we will get that consession or not. 

Sending email to PVC team many times and still no response as of yet. 

18 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi BigTrev.
You must be happy with the news of on-shore Grants.
Just wanted to know, Did they say your medicals will be extended for 6 months at the time when they sent you request for 2nd VAC? 
Do you need to do them again since your grant is on 24 March now? 

We still havent received the 2nd VAC and most of the police checks and Medicals expire by 24 March 2021. If we get 6monhts extension then we will be good, nut not sure if we will get that consession or not. 

Sending email to PVC team many times and still no response as of yet. 

Hi Mel,

We paid our 2nd VAC in August and no we weren’t told our medicals and police checks would be extended. At that time all we were asked for was our travel itinerary to trigger the visa. 
Yes we have to do them again ( although we sent a declaration that we had not been back to the UK so didn’t have to renew the UK check). Our medicals are booked for the 3rd. 
Good luck.

9 minutes ago, Bigtrev said:

Hi Mel,

We paid our 2nd VAC in August and no we weren’t told our medicals and police checks would be extended. At that time all we were asked for was our travel itinerary to trigger the visa. 
Yes we have to do them again ( although we sent a declaration that we had not been back to the UK so didn’t have to renew the UK check). Our medicals are booked for the 3rd. 
Good luck.

Thanks for the response. 
Just to clarify one thing. You are doing them because your case officer has asked you to or are you doing them so you save yorself time later? 

It isnt cheap to do the Medicals so I wanted to exhaust the options/temp concesssions.  

All th best to you also. Not far now. 

59 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Thanks for the response. 
Just to clarify one thing. You are doing them because your case officer has asked you to or are you doing them so you save yorself time later? 

It isnt cheap to do the Medicals so I wanted to exhaust the options/temp concesssions.  

All th best to you also. Not far now. 

Hi Mel, we are doing them because our case officer requested them. I know it’s $800 for the two of us, not cheap but if it means we get our visa onshore happy to pay. 
Good luck.

On 14/02/2021 at 01:50, amahmood said:

Hi All, 

We applied for 143 in mid September 2016. From the latest info how long do you estimate it would take our parents visa to be finalised. 

My estimates are 3-6 months but others have reported more than a year 

They are now showing age and i fear of their wellbeing. If its more than a year still, i will move overseas with them for a year. 

Hi @amahmood unfortunately I think your parents may have another year to wait even after immi start processing again.  I've run off a report (attached) from the data I have assuming all May 2016 applicants have been processed but that's unlikely.  Can't really tell where they are up to as nothing has moved for such a long time. I think the last time I heard of someone being contacted for further info was around March last year for a couple of early June 2016 applications.  The report shows cumulative totals by application date for 143s and 173s but there will be other visas not included in these numbers.  Also since the data was published there will have been 103s converting to 143s and keeping their original application dates.  No idea if all or very few of the 1,056 May 2016 applicants are complete/in progress.  You will see based on this data alone that there are 3,975 applications from June 2016 to mid Sept 2016.

Good luck

CPV Lodged Date Report as of 17 Feb 2021.pdf

31 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Hi @amahmood unfortunately I think your parents may have another year to wait even after immi start processing again.  I've run off a report (attached) from the data I have assuming all May 2016 applicants have been processed but that's unlikely.  Can't really tell where they are up to as nothing has moved for such a long time. I think the last time I heard of someone being contacted for further info was around March last year for a couple of early June 2016 applications.  The report shows cumulative totals by application date for 143s and 173s but there will be other visas not included in these numbers.  Also since the data was published there will have been 103s converting to 143s and keeping their original application dates.  No idea if all or very few of the 1,056 May 2016 applicants are complete/in progress.  You will see based on this data alone that there are 3,975 applications from June 2016 to mid Sept 2016.

Good luck

CPV Lodged Date Report as of 17 Feb 2021.pdf

Hi Biggsy

@Alan Collett had info from a freedom of info request which includes all types of contributory visas. 

3D9E2658-E31D-42B8-A543-4FB337B6509F.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Thanks Linda I must have missed that one.  Pity immi don't put this info on the parent viisa web page.

Hmm - pity they don’t put the “real”  processing time too - 58 months is what it’s showing as now - it it should spell out that the time is for applications they are currently progressing and that new applications will take a lot longer. That way prospective applicants would see exactly  how long things would potentially take before applying  

Could also do with the queue calculator back up again. It’s been showing as System Maintenance  since last June. .  

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Hmm - pity they don’t put the “real”  processing time too - 58 months is what it’s showing as now - it it should spell out that the time is for applications they are currently progressing and that new applications will take a lot longer. That way prospective applicants would see exactly  how long things would potentially take before applying  

Could also do with the queue calculator back up again. It’s been showing as System Maintenance  since last June. .  

Yes immi still telling lies misleading and taking application fees from parents who will have no chance of even living long enough to be granted visas.

Shame on them, they are a disgrace. No other words!