Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

58 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You need to read the conditions. Parents can’t get a visa unless the child is dependent OR they are so frail they can’t care for themselves 

That’s how I read it Marisa, was just posting to see if anyone knew any different. Doesn’t appear to be a visa for fit and able parents, even though classed as immediate family.

49 minutes ago, ramot said:

That’s how I read it Marisa, was just posting to see if anyone knew any different. Doesn’t appear to be a visa for fit and able parents, even though classed as immediate family.

Yes, that page tells you who can apply for a visa in theory, but they don't all have equal access by any means.  You'll also notice that excerpt doesn't refer to "immediate family", it's just "family". 

In fact, I found another document on the same site which said, "Immediate family members are defined in the Immigration Rules as a spouse or partner and children under the age of 18".

Edited by Marisawright

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, that page tells you who can apply for a visa in theory, but they don't all have equal access by any means.  You'll also notice that excerpt doesn't refer to "immediate family", it's just "family". 

In fact, I found another document on the same site which said, "Immediate family members are defined in the Immigration Rules as a spouse or partner and children under the age of 18".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/771535/vaf4a-appendix1-11-18.pdf

this is the application form for parents. Having read it it would appear that the conditions to prove need are very similar to the conditions that UK citizens need to claim PIP (Personal  independence Payment) if under 65 or AA (attendance allowance) if over 65. 

As far as the condition to say why the care is not available in the country you already live in, it could theoretically be argued that you cannot afford the costs in Australia which as we know is expensive and that you would live with your sponsor who promises to support you for 5 years. The same/similar  undertaking is given by your sponsor in Australia when you apply for a parent visa  

Im no legal expert however and cannot comment on whether this is actually a reasonable expectation of getting the visa. I just read it and wondered whether it’s actually as difficult as previously thought ?? 

On 02/12/2020 at 12:03, MELBNGSM said:

@Katherin2016
May I ask which country are you in?
There is lot of inconsistency in who they are asking for VAC2. Your application is ahead of me and you haven’t been asked. Then there is others who are after me and have been asked for VAC2.

Most people have timeline in their signature, you can add it too.
From top right Your name > Account Settings > Signature

Hi Mel

My parent is in Cambodia . 
I am trying to tell myself to calm but in the mean time excited and hopeless. I see many people getting good news.... however, I am not. Still waiting .... 

16 hours ago, Katherin2016 said:

Hi Mel

My parent is in Cambodia . 
I am trying to tell myself to calm but in the mean time excited and hopeless. I see many people getting good news.... however, I am not. Still waiting .... 

Hi Katherin,

Just fyi, one of my friend who loddgedhi application on 14/03/2016 have just received a request to submit 2nd vac on 3rd Dec 2020.

The applicant is overseas. So i hope you will receive a response anytime.

All the best!!!

Edited by Guru81

It's funny how there is a bit of discrepency in some being given 3 months vs some being given 28 days to leave the country to activate the 143 visa. I wonder how and what drives this decision making on the case officers side. 

In some cases the 3 months is given without requesing . Whilst in some you have to ask for it. 

In the current scenario it should be 3 months for all by default. That's the least that they can do.

33 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

It's funny how there is a bit of discrepency in some being given 3 months vs some being given 28 days to leave the country to activate the 143 visa. I wonder how and what drives this decision making on the case officers side. 

In some cases the 3 months is given without requesing . Whilst in some you have to ask for it. 

In the current scenario it should be 3 months for all by default. That's the least that they can do.

Is it for those of us whom have delayed once, they're saying you have to do it now? And for the ones that are just being requested - 3 months? To be fair, case officer who rang me told me they were not requesting us to leave within 28 days but to provide itinerary within 28 days, so we could still have bought tickets for say, Feb 2021...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KittyMB said:

Is it for those of us whom have delayed once, they're saying you have to do it now? And for the ones that are just being requested - 3 months? To be fair, case officer who rang me told me they were not requesting us to leave within 28 days but to provide itinerary within 28 days, so we could still have bought tickets for say, Feb 2021...

@KittyMB Not really sure. I have seen cases where they have asked for an itinerary in a weeks time and then travel out in 28 days. That's a bit tough to do in these times. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KittyMB said:

Let’s us know how you get saying to them Feb departure for instance. Thanks 

Edited by Kathss56

2 hours ago, cfernandes said:

Maybe some just pay and don’t query it and just follow their “rules” they have offered some 6mths extension on medical and 3mths on police check. You have to ask if they don’t offer I presume 

Edited by Kathss56

23 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Maybe some just pay and don’t query it and just follow their “rules” they have offered some 6mths extension on medical and 3mths on police check. You have to ask if they don’t offer I presume 

@Kathss56 I agree with you. The first letter maybe a standard generated message. It's only when you ask, then can the case officer step outside the box and choose to help or otherwise.

• Like 1

I find it bizarre - for months we complain about the government not issuing visas and how they are reducing the number of visas, how many years we have to wait etc etc .  We now get these long awaited Visas and clearly that is no longer the objective, but now it’s unfair that we have to leave the country to activate said Visa , do quarantine etc etc - surely the fact we now have a Visa, we have done nearly 5 years in limbo waiting for the Visa - we should be celebrating, we can now officially be allowed to be with our children, not that we have to follow the rules and leave the country, do quarantine and complain about the cost - some people will never be happy 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LBee said:

I find it bizarre - for months we complain about the government not issuing visas and how they are reducing the number of visas, how many years we have to wait etc etc .  We now get these long awaited Visas and clearly that is no longer the objective, but now it’s unfair that we have to leave the country to activate said Visa , do quarantine etc etc - surely the fact we now have a Visa, we have done nearly 5 years in limbo waiting for the Visa - we should be celebrating, we can now officially be allowed to be with our children, not that we have to follow the rules and leave the country, do quarantine and complain about the cost - some people will never be happy 

You don't think forcing people to fly out and then into a country with closed borders in the middle of a pandemic to get a rubber stamp is ridiculous? You don't think putting them at risk of catching Covid and potentially bringing it back to Australia is beyond stupid? Or a waste of money? Or a waste of a plane seat that is in short supply and stopping Australian's getting home? I don't think this is about a complaint, it's about the lack of common sense being applied! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

You don't think forcing people to fly out and then into a country with closed borders in the middle of a pandemic to get a rubber stamp is ridiculous? You don't think putting them at risk of catching Covid and potentially bringing it back to Australia is beyond stupid? Or a waste of money? Or a waste of a plane seat that is in short supply and stopping Australian's getting home? I don't think this is about a complaint, it's about the lack of common sense being applied! 

Wholeheartedly agree. What about the poor lady who had one lung and gp said if she catches COVID she will most likely die. Thankfully after an MP intervened and she can stay until it is safe to fly. That’s all we are asking for. The partners category have been given this TEMPORARY  concession to stay onshore. We are simply asking the same. Partners can come and go but are classed as immediate family?? A parent is NOT classed as immediate family!! 

Therefore not wasting a flight and quarantine place with  36000 Aussies still awaiting return, is just plain common sense ! Grants are issued within minutes of passing through border force! 
Like I say we just want a temporary reprieve like others are being granted ! 
And no I don’t fancy paying nearly $9k, risk COVID , risk being stranded away from my family because many many flights being bumped. 

Just need to rant. Excerpt from the immigration website -

However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 58 months to be released for final processing.

Unquote

We are talking about parents here who aren't getting any younger unfortunately and these guys can't get their math right. They might as well just remove this statement altogether. No information is better than wrong information.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Arti said:

However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 58 months to be released for final processing.

Unquote

We are talking about parents here who aren't getting any younger unfortunately and these guys can't get their math right. They might as well just remove this statement altogether. No information is better than wrong information.

This is exactly what I've been writing to MP's about. There's no way I would have parted with $5.5k to apply for this had I known there was a 8-9 year wait. I did heaps of research and spent a lot of time trying to make the right decision. In the end, I took this as being correct, as it was on the gov website (it said 52 months when I applied back in May). To make matters worse, we lose the initial payment and our place in the queue if we change the visa now. It's an absolute rip-off. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Arti said:

Unquote

Would you consider the 870 temp parent visa. I would have gone for that had it been around for me