Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

18 minutes ago, Marg said:

Yes onshore, currently on a bridging visa.

I’m the same supposedly 3 mths to leave. They said to someone today they could extend medical by 6mths and police checks by 3mths. So nearer the time(beg of Feb for be)  I’m going to ask about this definitely fighting to stay longer  

7 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I’m the same supposedly 3 mths to leave. They said to someone today they could extend medical by 6mths and police checks by 3mths. So nearer the time(beg of Feb for be)  I’m going to ask about this definitely fighting to stay longer  

@Kathss56 They now seem to be giving everyone 3 months to leave. That wasn't the case earlier I belive. It seems like the department/Minister is only buying time until they have something concrete rolled out about parents not having to leave AUS to activate the visa. That's just my take on the situation and what it seems like. 

Hi All, some of you may recall my parents have also been here on tourist visa, we paid 2nd VAC in Feb and in March when COVID hit, got a delay to grant of visa pending heading offshore. 

Last week on Wednesday, they sent request to provide itinerary, I applied for another delay citing Christmas, difficulties sourcing flights and the complex COVID situation elsewhere, by Friday arvo I received a call, saying we're happy to refund your 2nd VAC and let you be, if you're not willing to go out. 

Told to go to Singapore as transit passengers goes without saying how difficult and expensive it is at this time, looks like parents will be in quarantine through Christmas. 

2 hours ago, KittyMB said:

Hi All, some of you may recall my parents have also been here on tourist visa, we paid 2nd VAC in Feb and in March when COVID hit, got a delay to grant of visa pending heading offshore. 

Last week on Wednesday, they sent request to provide itinerary, I applied for another delay citing Christmas, difficulties sourcing flights and the complex COVID situation elsewhere, by Friday arvo I received a call, saying we're happy to refund your 2nd VAC and let you be, if you're not willing to go out. 

Told to go to Singapore as transit passengers goes without saying how difficult and expensive it is at this time, looks like parents will be in quarantine through Christmas. 

You should email Julian.hill.mp@aph.gov.au.  He will be furious at this call you have had. He is taking up our case to be included in the Concession of not having to leave like the partners etc 

maybe if you say you can get a flight just after Xmas so they won’t be In Quarantine over that period they may agree to that  @KathyN has just done the Singapore trip.

it’s pure blackmail and discrimination 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cfernandes said:

@Kathss56 They now seem to be giving everyone 3 months to leave. That wasn't the case earlier I belive. It seems like the department/Minister is only buying time until they have something concrete rolled out about parents not having to leave AUS to activate the visa. That's just my take on the situation and what it seems like. 

I’m not so sure!  But hopefully things might change ,, 🤞🤞🤞

17 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Meanwhile they’ve just let 63 international students in !! 

Beginning to seem a lot  like Age discrimination !! 

International Students are cash cows, if rich they spend lots here and create jobs, if not so rich they work, pay taxes. 
Ask them how easy it is to get PR here. 
 Win Win for the politicians. 

1 hour ago, MELBNGSM said:

International Students are cash cows, if rich they spend lots here and create jobs, if not so rich they work, pay taxes. 
Ask them how easy it is to get PR here. 
 Win Win for the politicians. 

I’m not sure that it is easy for international students to get PR. It might have changed? Might be worth checking how easy it is these days? I only know  It certainly wasn’t for my son, when all the rules were changed retrospectively by Chris Evans labor minister for Immigration  for  thousands of international students who had front loaded as required and paid for their visas, to then go on bridging visas for 31/2 years before thousands finally told to go home. A joke trying to get their visa fees returned. My son was one of the few who after studying for 3 years, plus 31/2 years on a bridging visa got PR, but he did have a Masters degree. 

I am completely sympathetic to all parents waiting years for their visas, seems crazy that parents onshore are not considered close family. Hope that changes, but I wonder if the cost of older immigrants is relevant or more likely it never crossed anyone’s mind that there were parents onshore impacted by virus who were stuck on shore? 

Edited by ramot

55 minutes ago, ramot said:

I’m not sure that it is easy for international students to get PR. It might have changed? Might be worth checking how easy it is these days? I only know  It certainly wasn’t for my son, when all the rules were changed retrospectively by Chris Evans labor minister for Immigration  for  thousands of international students who had front loaded as required and paid for their visas, to then go on bridging visas for 31/2 years before thousands finally told to go home. A joke trying to get their visa fees returned. My son was one of the few who after studying for 3 years, plus 31/2 years on a bridging visa got PR, but he did have a Masters degree. 

I am completely sympathetic to all parents waiting years for their visas, seems crazy that parents onshore are not considered close family. Hope that changes, but I wonder if the cost of older immigrants is relevant or more likely it never crossed anyone’s mind that there were parents onshore impacted by virus who were stuck on shore? 

Basically depends on the course and country you're from (I used to work in a student recruitment role). The gov have plenty of say as to who can come in. The uni's try every angle possible to get the student in.. 

22 minutes ago, Katherin2016 said:

Hi 🙋‍♀️ everyone ! 
I am a newbie in here. 
I would like to share my timeline with you guy

acknowledgment 26/02/2016

AoS lodge 20/12/2019

AoS accepted 11/03/2020 

waiting patiently for VAC2. 
currently offshore. 

does anyone of you received VAC2 recently ? Pls share. Thank 

@Katherin2016
May I ask which country are you in?
There is lot of inconsistency in who they are asking for VAC2. Your application is ahead of me and you haven’t been asked. Then there is others who are after me and have been asked for VAC2.

Most people have timeline in their signature, you can add it too.
From top right Your name > Account Settings > Signature

Edited by MELBNGSM
NA

On 30/11/2020 at 23:35, Kathss56 said:

I really hope we dont have to do Medicals and Police Checks again! It is $$ and money and delays the whole thing.

55 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

I really hope we dont have to do Medicals and Police Checks again! It is $$ and money and delays the whole thing.

I know of someone who has been told they would be prepared to extend medical by 6mths and police checks  by 3mths, so I will ask for this if I need to in Feb 

1 hour ago, MELBNGSM said:

Our first police check is the uk one from March, but we haven’t been back to the uk since then, wonder if we would have to do I again.  Medicals were delayed by Covid so weren’t until June.

19 minutes ago, Marg said:

Our first police check is the uk one from March, but we haven’t been back to the uk since then, wonder if we would have to do I again.  Medicals were delayed by Covid so weren’t until June.

You have to declare  you haven’t been to U.K. for 12 mths. they just want another Oz police check 

On 01/12/2020 at 14:31, Kathss56 said:

Apparently we are not classed as immediate family ??

For visa purposes, parents have never been classed as immediate family.  Immediate family is your partner and your kids.  That's the same in most countries.  It's in the legislation so they can't change it easily.

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

For visa purposes, parents have never been classed as immediate family.  Immediate family is your partner and your kids.  That's the same in most countries.  It's in the legislation so they can't change it easily.

Not in UK! Parents are classed as immediate family 

12E3BD8F-B06E-49FE-97CE-6E446279D2F2.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Not in UK! Parents are classed as immediate family 

12E3BD8F-B06E-49FE-97CE-6E446279D2F2.png

Can you get a similar parent visa in UK to the Australian parent visa? I’d always understood that it was very hard to get a parent into UK, but I’ve no idea of the conditions or costs? 

Edited by ramot