Jump to content
theballies

Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

This was originally a UK site as British  people are referred to as Poms by Australians - hence the name “Poms in Oz.”

Over the years it’s developed into a more worldwide forum but it’s likely there are still more Poms on here than other countries which is probably why you see more UK residents posting. Processing is all done in date order so there’s likely to be people in many other countries who have been granted their visa too. Asia probably has the highest number of parent applications. 

Thanks for the useful info! I am happy for everyone. My time will come later. Anyway, I do not know how to add the signature like you guys but my application is on Feb 2016, not sure about the exact date as the agent did the paperwork.


20th Feb 2016 - 143 visa submitted

30th Mar 2020 - AOS accepted

16th Apr 2020 - request for more information

Waiting for 2nc VAC payment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thomas N said:

Thanks for the useful info! I am happy for everyone. My time will come later. Anyway, I do not know how to add the signature like you guys but my application is on Feb 2016, not sure about the exact date as the agent did the paperwork.

Hi Thomas, signature is accessed by clicking your name in the top right hand corner of the web page when logged in.  A menu will show, select "Account Settings" then when the page loads click the "Signature" option on the left of the page 3rd option from the bottom. Hope this helps!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CPV 143 Lodged 7th July 2016,  Acknowledged 20th July 2016.

At the time of applying, website said 12-18 months processing time.  2 years later found out there were already 28,000+ applications in the queue at the date when we applied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updating my timeline. Wait game...

  • Like 1

Brisbane Bound.  Northern Suburbs  
Queue date 103 visa 01/07/2015
Applied for 143 visa 12/10/2020
Acknowledgement Letter 25/10/2020

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, desert-eagle said:

Updating my timeline. Wait game...

Just curious to know - when you switch over from another parent visa to 143 - is your spot in the queue retained or is considered a new application altogether?


143 acknowledgement 16th July 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arti said:

Just curious to know - when you switch over from another parent visa to 143 - is your spot in the queue retained or is considered a new application altogether?

You retain your spot in the Q when switching from a 103 to a 143 visa

Edited by Lady Jane

143 Applied 22nd March 2016 Acknowledged 24th March 2016,

13th January 2020 request for further information

29th January 2020, medicals police checks etc sent to Immi

17th AOS interview and letter received , 19th February AOS paid, 21st February paperwork uploaded and taken into centrelink 

26th March AOS acceptance letter received, (After AOS initially being rejected and a battle with Centrelink!

11th November 2nd VAC request, paid 

12th November Visa grant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2020 at 22:01, MELBNGSM said:

Fantastic new. We have the same date of application acknowledgement date.
    I am hoping to hear something soon.
Would you mind telling the total amount you had to pay for second VAC for both your parents?

It’s £87,200 for both parents 


143 Applied 22nd March 2016 Acknowledged 24th March 2016,

13th January 2020 request for further information

29th January 2020, medicals police checks etc sent to Immi

17th AOS interview and letter received , 19th February AOS paid, 21st February paperwork uploaded and taken into centrelink 

26th March AOS acceptance letter received, (After AOS initially being rejected and a battle with Centrelink!

11th November 2nd VAC request, paid 

12th November Visa grant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

It’s £87,200 for both parents 

Did you mean AU$  and not GB£


CPV 143 Lodged 7th July 2016,  Acknowledged 20th July 2016.

At the time of applying, website said 12-18 months processing time.  2 years later found out there were already 28,000+ applications in the queue at the date when we applied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Did you mean AU$  and not GB£

Aus $’s 

Edited by ramot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, desert-eagle said:

Updating my timeline. Wait game...

Have a look at our timeline we have done the same and have now arrived in Perth

 


Perth Bound.  Northern Suburbs  
Queue date 103 visa 24/08/2015

Applied for 143 visa 06/01/2020 

Acknowledgement date 21/01/2020

Request for further documents 06/02/2020

Uk & Australian police checks done 11/02/2020

Form 80 completed 12/02/2020

two medical done 11/02/2020 (one referral to GP high blood pressure)

Request for AOS bond received 05/03/2020 bond paid 06/03/2020

AOS approved 13/03/2020

2nd VAC request 19/03/2020

Paid 2nd VAC 23/03/2020

Visa granted 02/06/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Did you mean AU$  and not GB£

Yes sorry, it’s expensive enough 😂

  • Haha 1

143 Applied 22nd March 2016 Acknowledged 24th March 2016,

13th January 2020 request for further information

29th January 2020, medicals police checks etc sent to Immi

17th AOS interview and letter received , 19th February AOS paid, 21st February paperwork uploaded and taken into centrelink 

26th March AOS acceptance letter received, (After AOS initially being rejected and a battle with Centrelink!

11th November 2nd VAC request, paid 

12th November Visa grant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

Great to hear about all the recent visa grants. There are flights out there for those who are looking, just persevere. My son who was in the UK studying recently when back, and although his flight to Perth was expensive, it was within reason. He went with Singapore Airlines.

On the flip side we’ve been waiting since June 16, 51 months and nothing yet. It’s extremely disheartening. Any news on anyone receiving the request for further documents would be great !!!
 

Nita 16
 

 

 

 

 

 

 


CPV lodged 24th June 2016; Acknowledged 25th June 2016, everything else ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nita16 said:

Hey everyone,

Great to hear about all the recent visa grants. There are flights out there for those who are looking, just persevere. My son who was in the UK studying recently when back, and although his flight to Perth was expensive, it was within reason. He went with Singapore Airlines.

On the flip side we’ve been waiting since June 16, 51 months and nothing yet. It’s extremely disheartening. Any news on anyone receiving the request for further documents would be great !!!
 

Nita 16
 

They seem to be issuing all the visas from those who were asked for further documents before they put everything on hold so, hopefully, those of you that applied in June 2016 onwards will be contacted as soon as they have cleared their desks.  I totally understand how you feel - waiting and wondering is torture and it is sometimes very hard to think about anything else but your turn will come.  Try and stay positive!


143 Lodged 9.5.16 and acknowledged 11.5.16, Further docs (not Form 80) requested 9.3.20, Medicals done 18.3.20, AFP checks, UK police checks, passports sent 25.3.20, AOS acceptance sent 7.5.20, Form 80 requested 20.5.20 and returned 28.5.20. 2nd VAC received and paid 12.11.20. Visa granted 13.11.20!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nita16 said:

Hey everyone,

Great to hear about all the recent visa grants. There are flights out there for those who are looking, just persevere. My son who was in the UK studying recently when back, and although his flight to Perth was expensive, it was within reason. He went with Singapore Airlines.

On the flip side we’ve been waiting since June 16, 51 months and nothing yet. It’s extremely disheartening. Any news on anyone receiving the request for further documents would be great !!!
 

Nita 16
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, we have all been there. Waiting patiently for our turns. I am still waiting to hear for the 2nd VAC.
   My timeline is very similar and some cases earlier in comparison to those being asked for 2nd VAC at the moment. Your turn isn’t too far away now.


29/04/2016: 143 Application lodgement date
05/05/2016: Acknowledgement of Application Received
05/03/2020: Request for AOS, Medical, PCC
06/03/2020: AOS Application submitted to Centrelink (estimated completion : 17/04/2020; completed on or before 27/03/2020)
12/03/2020: DOCS EMAILED TO PVC TEAM (Police Checks, Birth Certs, National ID etc)
13/03/2020: MEDICALS COMPLETED
01/04/2020: AOS BANK GUARANTEE REQUESTED (UPLOADED ON: 02/04/2020) 
03/04/2020: AOS APPLICATION ACCEPTED (MYGOV NOTFICATION ON: 06/04/2020)
02/05/2020: SENT FORM 815, 80 & ADDITIONAL INFO (REQUESTED ON: 29/04/2020)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received our 2nd VAC request around 6.45 pm (Brisbane time) today!

  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 14

143 lodgement date: 3 March 2020

Visa grant 27 November 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone who recently got requested to pay 2nd VAC please let me know what forms of payment are accepted? I know BPAY is 1 of them but I am not too sure how it would work if my parents are going to pay this amount from an overseas bank account. Trying to give them as much information as possible so they are prepared for when it happens. Any guidance will be appreciated. Good luck everyone.  


Applied for 143 visa 31/05/2016 

Acknowledgement date 06/06/2016

Request for further documents 03/06/2020

AOS application submitted 22/06/2020, Estimated completion 03/08/2020, BG 26/08/2020,AOS approved 31/08/2020

Medical done 07/07/2020

Overseas & Australian police checks done 12/07/2020

Form 80 – Wasn’t asked to complete this

2nd VAC request  - N/A yet

Paid 2nd VAC – N/A yet

Visa granted – N/A yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gadgetfreak28 said:

Can someone who recently got requested to pay 2nd VAC please let me know what forms of payment are accepted? I know BPAY is 1 of them but I am not too sure how it would work if my parents are going to pay this amount from an overseas bank account. Trying to give them as much information as possible so they are prepared for when it happens. Any guidance will be appreciated. Good luck everyone.  

The best way might be to transfer the amount to Australian bank account when you have the best rate.  Then pay by BPAY which costs nothing to pay.  Other methods may cost you.  You can pay by credit card from overseas but will cost you quite a lot more.

  • Like 1

12/01/16: 134 application acknowledged           
04/11/19: Request for more information
15/11/19: AOS Application submitted  (MyGov)        
20/01/20: AOS bank guarantee paid
02/03/20: AOS accepted
20/03/20:  2nd VAC paid
21/07/20: Visa granted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

The best way might be to transfer the amount to Australian bank account when you have the best rate.  Then pay by BPAY which costs nothing to pay.  Other methods may cost you.  You can pay by credit card from overseas but will cost you quite a lot more.

They could use Transferwise to send the money to you which is probably the cheapest method for an international transfer, so you can then use BPay.

  • Like 1

143 Application Lodged 24th June 2014; Acknowledgement 6th February 2015; Form 80, Police Checks & Medical requested 21st Sept 2016; AOS Lodged 29th November 2016; 2nd VAC paid 16th December 2016; VISA GRANTED 20th December 2016.

Heading to Wollert "The place where possums are found", Victoria (eventually)

"Eventually" has become a reality - at long last the house is sold, the car is spoken for, the Movecube is coming on 19th September 2019 and I'll be heading Down Under on 21st via Royal Brunei.  Arrive in Mebourne 3.30 a.m. their time on Monday.  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely stumped as to when to book my Mums flight for, knowing full well it’ll likely get bumped! Has anyone with a recent visa grant booked? So many unknowns it’s hard to now make a plan! Very frustrating as after the 2nd vac payment a business class flight + quarantine isn’t really an option right now. If it’s not one stressful waiting game it’s another 🙂


26/02/2016 143 applied for my Mums visa and was acknowledged 27/02/2016

04/12/2019 further documents requested

05/12/2019 AOS application submitted - completion day estimated 17/01/2020 

15/01/2020 Medical completed

24/01/2020 all documents submitted to PVC

29/01/2020 AOS complete

09/02 AOS bank guarantee paid and uploaded to Centrelink

21/02 AOS acceptance letter received

15/04 requested re-filling of a section of form 80 & resending UK police certificate - resent 17/04

09/11 2nd VAC requested 

12/11 Paid via Bpay

13/11 VISA GRANTED!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2020 at 23:33, KathyN said:

Received our 2nd VAC request around 6.45 pm (Brisbane time) today!

Congratulations! Don’t know why I haven’t get anything yet? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents' 143 visas were granted this morning. 

Since I am onshore, I have to leave before my AFP Check expires in late December for my visa to be granted. Finding return flights to Singapore is a struggle! 

  • Congratulations 3

143 lodgement date: 3 March 2020

Visa grant 27 November 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NatS259 said:

Completely stumped as to when to book my Mums flight for, knowing full well it’ll likely get bumped! Has anyone with a recent visa grant booked? So many unknowns it’s hard to now make a plan! Very frustrating as after the 2nd vac payment a business class flight + quarantine isn’t really an option right now. If it’s not one stressful waiting game it’s another 🙂

Are they offshore or onshore?

if offshore it might be cheaper and easier after New Year. Hoping they will increase the caps early next year.

If onshore ask for more time to leave like I have. Return flights are very scarce and as you say probably business class and quarantine ! 


143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KathyN said:

My parents' 143 visas were granted this morning. 

Since I am onshore, I have to leave before my AFP Check expires in late December for my visa to be granted. Finding return flights to Singapore is a struggle! 

Thank you, KathyN. I hope we’ll get the news soon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called Singapore Airlines and was able to book return flights to Singapore from 27 to 28 November (this weekend)! My return flight will be to Perth, then I will book a domestic flight from Perth to Brisbane.

Does anyone know if I will need to quarantine in Perth or can I quarantine in Brisbane? My hunch says Perth, then no need to quarantine again in Brisbane.


143 lodgement date: 3 March 2020

Visa grant 27 November 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KathyN said:

I called Singapore Airlines and was able to book return flights to Singapore from 27 to 28 November (this weekend)! My return flight will be to Perth, then I will book a domestic flight from Perth to Brisbane.

Does anyone know if I will need to quarantine in Perth or can I quarantine in Brisbane? My hunch says Perth, then no need to quarantine again in Brisbane.

Yes I would say definitely Perth it’s about $2520 for one person. Are you sure  you don’t have to do 2 days quarantine /testing in Singapore?? Or are flights from Oz exempt from that? 
... The risk is your return flight being seriously delayed or cancelled. Mainly due to Adelaide closing the other day though so 🤞🤞

Edited by Kathss56

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Yes I would say definitely Perth it’s about $2520 for one person. Are you sure  you don’t have to do 2 days quarantine /testing in Singapore?? Or are flights from Oz exempt from that? 
... The risk is your return flight being seriously delayed or cancelled. Mainly due to Adelaide closing the other day though so 🤞🤞

Yes the airline says only a 5-hour transit in Singapore. I think transiting flights are exempt, but let me check to be sure.


143 lodgement date: 3 March 2020

Visa grant 27 November 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×