Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

21 minutes ago, Arti said:

I'd not be surprised if they are prioritizing offshore 143s from countries where covid is not as bad. Or is that considered against the law?

I would very much doubt they will do that.  Even if considered, the country may have low rates today but by the time the parent makes the move over that same country could be up there with the highest rates. That can happen very quick and most parents would need a period of time to organise the move. They won’t cherry pick, the queue will move along as usual.  

17 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Congratulations Yorkie  ( and another secretely fuming member wondering what has happened to the date order).  We can only hope something changes soon for those still waiting from Feb/March 2020 for 2nd Vac.

Have you had request for further info yet? Aos ,medicals etc? 

28 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Congratulations Yorkie  ( and another secretely fuming member wondering what has happened to the date order).  We can only hope something changes soon for those still waiting from Feb/March 2020 for 2nd Vac.

as you can see, 2nd vac request is not based on date order, so you might get lucky and jump ahead of lots of people 😀

10 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Have you had request for further info yet? Aos ,medicals etc? 

Yes we have, I need to update our info.   Request for further documents 15th Jan 2020, A.o.s accepted after being refused for some reason and them failing to tell us 29th March 2020

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Don’t worry @Kathss56 I’m sure yours won’t be too long now. Are you still in Australia?

I am, but I have to leave 12 months is up 23 Dec and 600 visa expires. I have the 12 in 18 months condition on it.
I have applied for the “no further stay “ clause to be removed ( if you remember I had every condition going attached my 600)😕....then apply for another 600, am panicking!!!

Edited by Kathss56
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Yes we have, I need to update our info.   Request for further documents 15th Jan 2020, A.o.s accepted after being refused for some reason and them failing to tell us 29th March 2020

You are nearly the same dates as me. Our AOS was initially rejected as well, must have been dealt with by the same agent at centrelink 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

I am, but I have to leave 12 months is up 23 Dec and 600 visa expires. I have the 12 in 18 months condition on it.
I have applied for the “no further stay “ clause to be removed ( if you remember I had every condition going attached my 600)😕....then apply for another 600, am panicking!!!

Kath can you not contact your case officer and explain - will be less work for them to request 2nd Vac  and then issue grant of 143 than change status on current 600  then decide on a further 600? Especially given how close you are to visa expiry date 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Kath can you not contact your case officer and explain - will be less work for them to request 2nd Vac  and then issue grant of 143 than change status on current 600  then decide on a further 600? 

I might have to in the next week or so. Not sure how it can change status of the 600 though ? It’s the dam no further stay clause that’s the problem  Another forum member said it took them 4 weeks to get the clause waived !  

Edited by Kathss56

1 minute ago, Kathss56 said:

I might have to in the next week or so. Not sure how it can change status of the 600 though ? It’s the dam no further stay clause that’s the problem  Another forum member said it took them 4 weeks to get the clause waived !  

Sorry I was rushing to get a message to you and probably didn’t explain properly. I just meant instead of messing around changing the no further stay clause then asking you to apply for another 600 just to keep you legal, surely they could see that it would be easier and quicker simply to ask for 2 nd  Vac and grant as soon as payment received. Especially as you are already onshore and trying to avoid become “illegal” as it were! 

I know I’d be very upset in this situation. Do you have an agent or doing it yourself? 

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

Sorry I was rushing to get a message to you and probably didn’t explain properly. I just meant instead of messing around changing the no further stay clause then asking you to apply for another 600 just to keep you legal, surely they could see that it would be easier and quicker simply to ask for 2 nd  Vac and grant as soon as payment received. Especially as you are already onshore and trying to avoid become “illegal” as it were! 

I know I’d be very upset in this situation. Do you have an agent or doing it yourself? 

They won’t grant as I’m onshore.  When I pay for it they will just say let us have travel plans when I have them.  Like they did with someone else previously on here.  Will be nice to know “it’s there waiting”  but doesn’t help my current situation.  No agent. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Many congratulations what a relief for you ! ( says she secretly fuming they are so out of date order 😩😩)

2 hours ago, LBee said:

Agree congratulations Yorkie - surprised they are not doing in date order also - especially as i have had no negative feedback or additional requests for information on documents submitted

2 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

Wow, many congratulations, (but another secretly fuming member at the way IMMI deal strictly in date order ) 

2 hours ago, Esteban said:

Great for Yorkie, I’m very envious! For the rest of us around these dates I guess we just have to look at it this way......it could be any of us tomorrow 🙏🏻.

Edited by MajHam
Improve wording

That’s great for Yorkie! I’m very envious. For the rest of us waiting, those quoted and others around these dates we just have to look at it this way....it could be any of us tomorrow 🙏🏻

Sorry for repetition.....I’m clearly not very good at this!

Edited by MajHam
Update

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

They won’t grant as I’m onshore.  When I pay for it they will just say let us have travel plans when I have them.  Like they did with someone else previously on here.  Will be nice to know “it’s there waiting”  but doesn’t help my current situation.  No agent. 

I can see how important it is to get the ‘no further stay’ condition removed, as even a new three-month tourist visa would give you some breathing space. What about NZ, do they have open flights now? This would at least save you having to travel back here with all the problems and cost of quarantine.

• Like 1

Following on from the great news of the recent visa grants and 2nd VAC requests can I ask what the position is for travelling to Australia once 143 visa is granted? On discussing my 143 with my agent today they said they thought  ‘that they (department) are holding back on all offshore applications until the travel ban is lifted - because the visa is not much use to you until then’. Now I’m holding my breath just to get the 2nd VAC request and visa granted in the hope that we can get first available flight to Australia! Are we kidding ourselves? I’m going to trawl the earlier pages but I was sure people had gone to Australia after 143 grant during the travel ban. Can anyone advise if they have or know of people who have been allowed in with a 143 since March travel ban?

5 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Following on from the great news of the recent visa grants and 2nd VAC requests can I ask what the position is for travelling to Australia once 143 visa is granted? On discussing my 143 with my agent today they said they thought  ‘that they (department) are holding back on all offshore applications until the travel ban is lifted - because the visa is not much use to you until then’. Now I’m holding my breath just to get the 2nd VAC request and visa granted in the hope that we can get first available flight to Australia! Are we kidding ourselves? I’m going to trawl the earlier pages but I was sure people had gone to Australia after 143 grant during the travel ban. Can anyone advise if they have or know of people who have been allowed in with a 143 since March travel ban?

I’ve seen Posts where it says that as you have been granted the visa you are technically an Australian resident snd therefore eligible to enter the country. The main problem is actually  finding a flight!  There are many thousands of Australians stranded abroad , getting bumped off flights due to limitations on numbers allowed in  and flight companies charging huge prices - plus the cost of quarantine when you land. 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Visa agent got back after I queried this and it seems the original response wasn’t clear and this is not what was meant! Geez. Stress level coming back down now. 

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’ve seen Posts where it says that as you have been granted the visa you are technically an Australian resident snd therefore eligible to enter the country. The main problem is actually  finding a flight!  There are many thousands of Australians stranded abroad , getting bumped off flights due to limitations on numbers allowed in  and flight companies charging huge prices - plus the cost of quarantine when you land. 

Visa agent came back after I queried what was said and they said same as yourself. I know it’s going to be really difficult to get a flight and expensive if we find one. Hoping that as Melbourne and other areas accept international travellers that when the time comes we will find something. Not willing to wait any longer than we have to so ready for the hit of business class prices and quarantine costs. Will just have to live very frugally for a while 🤣.

58 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Visa agent came back after I queried what was said and they said same as yourself. I know it’s going to be really difficult to get a flight and expensive if we find one. Hoping that as Melbourne and other areas accept international travellers that when the time comes we will find something. Not willing to wait any longer than we have to so ready for the hit of business class prices and quarantine costs. Will just have to live very frugally for a while 🤣.

There a few people who have been granted the 143, travelled and arrived in Australia with no problems as visa gives you PR. But as Linda said it’s getting a flight. I think that business class are less likely to get bumped off flights. I’m hoping that by the time we are ready to go the allocation of international passengers will be increased again,  Fingers crossed. 
We are the same, willing to take the cost regardless to get there. 

• Like 1