Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

2 hours ago, patience said:

Found this guy on social media, this is crazy. People who are prepared they just shut on them. And asking Aos money from people who are least prepared. 

2CC9990C-D3F1-4133-B99E-5CA9F8C0DFF7.jpeg

Hey,

I dont think this is the real case.

Either this guy forgot about the lodgment date or he transferred from 103 to 143 and skipped the queue. Its hard to believe immigration jumped from May 2016 to 2018 straighaway.

On 15/10/2020 at 16:50, Thomas N said:

Hi all,

I am new here. Have everybody noticed that the queue date is up to May 2016? https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates . My application is in Feb 2016 and I am still waiting for the 2nd VAC. I wonder if anyone here who applied before May 2016 got the second call. Cheers. 

Hey mate,

My application is 29th Jan 2016 and my wife's 16th Feb 2016. Neither of us receive any 2nd VAC notification

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, patience said:

Found this guy on social media, this is crazy. People who are prepared they just shut on them. And asking Aos money from people who are least prepared. 

3 hours ago, patience said:

Hi Patience 

this looks like the same guy that another member posted about on the PIO thread, page 911. 

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Sign this folks   You never know! 👍👍

I doubt it will do any good.  

Perhaps you should try a different tack.   Britain won't let Australian parents in, so why should Australia let British parents in?   Perhaps if you started lobbying the UK government for a reciprocal agreement, you'd have a better chance of success.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

Hi Patience 

this looks like the same guy that another member posted about on the PIO thread, page 911. 

Yes it does, just wanted to highlight that this person says he doesnt have money ready as he expected more wait, on other hand people who are ready with money from 2016's are being neglected. If it is only because of corona. Then why let international students fly black to adelaide? Also covid is not caught for life. All the offshore will do quarantine like everyone else. Dont understand the logic. Just any reason to halt parent visa processing. 

4 minutes ago, patience said:

Yes it does, just wanted to highlight that this person says he doesnt have money ready as he expected more wait, on other hand people who are ready with money from 2016's are being neglected. If it is only because of corona. Then why let international students fly black to adelaide? Also covid is not caught for life. All the offshore will do quarantine like everyone else. Dont understand the logic. Just any reason to halt parent visa processing. 

As I have said already, I anticipate this is an error on the part of the delegate at the PVC.

Best regards.

4 hours ago, patience said:

Hope so.

I haven't seen a case where 2nd vac was requested from offshore applicant after the budget announcement.

I saw a case in FB group yesterday where she lodged on 29th Jan 2016 and received 2nd Vac notice on 2nd Oct. but that's before budget,

5 hours ago, patience said:

I totally agree with you. 

4 hours ago, casuarina said:

I saw a case in FB group yesterday where she lodged on 29th Jan 2016 and received 2nd Vac notice on 2nd Oct. but that's before budget,

Hi Guys,

Finally, I got 2nd VAC request today, acknowledged 29/01/2016.

Good luck.. to all of us..

• Congratulations 15

First time poster here. Was just browsing through as I am looking to apply for a PR for my parents and was planning to apply in subclass 143. Looking at the immi website I was under the impression that the wait time is approx 4.5 years but reading through the posts here it seems it's a lot more than that. Do people believe that the quota might increase in 2021-22 from the current 4500 which might make the above 4.5 year timeline achievable?

43 minutes ago, sid17 said:

First time poster here. Was just browsing through as I am looking to apply for a PR for my parents and was planning to apply in subclass 143. Looking at the immi website I was under the impression that the wait time is approx 4.5 years but reading through the posts here it seems it's a lot more than that. Do people believe that the quota might increase in 2021-22 from the current 4500 which might make the above 4.5 year timeline achievable?

No, in fact it’s likely to get even longer. You are probably looking at 10 years

1 hour ago, sid17 said:

As stated about the website is based on the processing of applications lodged 4.5 years ago. The queue is now so big, that with the current numbers, it's well over 8 years. This could change, technically, but not looking good right now. There are a couple of petitions going around, as Alan received a response from the powers that be suggesting that until pressure was applied nothing would change.. 

Please sign and share both petitions: 

In favour of reducing the backlog and providing transparency around wait times for 143 / parent visas: https://www.change.org/p/australian-local-government-increase-number-of-permanent-parent-visas-in-australia

In favour of allowing parents to visit under quarantine restrictions: https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1860

@Alan Collett are you able to pin these links somewhere so everyone can get on board? Please and thank you.

Edited by Ollie1234
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sid17 said:

Given that the queue is already at 60,000 and the grants available have been. Reduced from 7000 a couple of years ago to 6000 and subsequently 4500 , then no it’s not going to be increased  

60000 divided by 4500 means a wait time of over 13 years for new applicants !!

12 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

60000 divided by 4500 means a wait time of over 13 years for new applicants !!

Thanks all for the response.

Is there a link on the immi website where we can stay up to date on the total number of people in the queue? (65k as per the above which is crazy)

Also, I do have the option of lodging either a 143 or 864 (aged contributory). Seems like an unlikely shot but does the queue for 864 move any quicker than 143? I'm assuming the department would sync both visa categories by month.

I'm aware that 864 has its challenges where you need to ensure 'No further stay' is not mentioned on the current visa and the fact that you mostly need to stay here till grant.

1 hour ago, sid17 said:

Thanks all for the response.

Is there a link on the immi website where we can stay up to date on the total number of people in the queue? (65k as per the above which is crazy)

Also, I do have the option of lodging either a 143 or 864 (aged contributory). Seems like an unlikely shot but does the queue for 864 move any quicker than 143? I'm assuming the department would sync both visa categories by month.

I'm aware that 864 has its challenges where you need to ensure 'No further stay' is not mentioned on the current visa and the fact that you mostly need to stay here till grant.

864, 143 , 173 are all in the same queue. Previously 864 was processed earlier however this was an error on the part of immi and all applications for 864 after January 2017 have been put on hold until 143 and 173 reach the same date. They are  currently processing May 2016. However May andJune  2016 there was a big surge in applicants. Also May and June  2017 saw almost 9000 applicants for 143 alone! 

More importantly  all applications  made prior to 1st June 2018 have their lodgement date as their queue date. Applications after that date are now currently being assessed monthly  and put in a queue. If this follows  the same route as  non contributory 103 Parent queue then the queue date will actually be two or three years later still! 

From the previous page Here  a post from Alan Collett

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/parent-visa-processing-timelines-the-gory-details/

Might be of interest to some - following receipt of information from the Department ...

Other challenges to 864 are the lack of full Medicare, and the need to pass a medical within the first two years to be put into the queue and no recourse to benefits etc. 

Edited by LindaH27

1 hour ago, sid17 said:

It's not just that, you also have to consider that your parents then cease to be residents of the UK (so they lose access to the NHS or any other benefits should they wish to return) - but they're not entitled to any benefits or support in Australia either, apart from reciprocal Medicare.  Also if they are getting the British pension, it will be frozen from the date they leave the UK.   If they wish to buy a property, they will have to seek FIRB permission and pay a sum equivalent to about three times the normal stamp duty.   You also have to consider that when the visa is finally processed, they will need to pass a medical and if they fail it, they'll need to go back to the UK and start from scratch all over again. 

Edited by Marisawright