Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

5 hours ago, vikas d sudame said:

very true.......this difference in nos. may be due to  the change in policy to allow parent visa 103 applicants to switch over to 143 ,maintaining their original lodgment date of 103.

As far as I’m aware they’ve been able to do this for a very long time. I think perhaps Biggsy’s  data is solely 143 applications and the bigger number is the other contributory parent visas such as 173 and 864 applications, all of which are dealt with in the same queue 

I would say there is zero chance Australia will open up their borders in January. Take a look at our quickly climbing Covid figures. Of course they don’t want us there right now and I can’t imagine that will change over the coming months. Sad but understandable. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Great News !!!! 
We got our grant on 2nd June and have been busy getting our lives sorted for the move , shippers arrive next Tuesday , house completes next Friday , flights booked for 23rd October . After all the waiting trying to actually fly to Perth is a nightmare at the moment , so far we have had 4 flight changes and that’s business class . You have to have a clear COVID PCR test within 96 hours of flying if going through UAE again not easy . Then it’s 2 weeks hotel quarantine at your cost $3500 for two .

We are not complaining but advising the current problems after grant.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hi All, I have sent email to parents@homeaffairs email in hopes to receive the auto-response to see processing dates. But no auto-reply - have they stopped sending these out? Applied on Nov 2016 - any one able to guide when they may send this application for further processing. Back at home police clearances take some time and I am trying to get started on those at the rightish time as they have 12 months validity. TIA to all you good souls helping each other out. ( Secretly though not in a rush given the circumstances and how difficult it is to travel atm plus costs and isolation etc) but it seems homeaffairs might start ramping up processing that VIC is getting under control 

4 hours ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone with visa 173 has travel exemption grant or to be going to apply, could you please share your experience or any advices are welcome. Thank you in advance 

Congratulations on your visa grant. Can I ask how you got your 2nd vac request, was it on email or via post?

1 hour ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Thank you. They sent the request via email. I hope you will hear from them soon

Thank you, we applied at the end of March 2016 so we could still have a while to wait.  I think you can now apply directly for the 143 now (offshore), which they are processing very quickly at the moment. This would then give you the PR you need to enter Australia.

• Thanks 1

On 30/08/2020 at 20:54, LindaH27 said:

You should also be aware that applications made now are likely to take in Excess of 8-9 years to be processed and granted. 

My parents applied back in May this year. I was advised expected wait would be 4.5 years worse case scenario. Is this not the case? Can I ask where you learnt this? 

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

My parents applied back in May this year. I was advised expected wait would be 4.5 years worse case scenario. Is this not the case? Can I ask where you learnt this? 

Thank you

No I’m afraid it is not the case and it has been widely known for some time that the wait time is over 8 years (best case scenario)

26 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

Thank you

Go back a page as there’s a discussion on there  with various bits of evidence 

Edited by LindaH27