Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 18/09/2020 at 23:54, kimboslice said:

Also when I booked the seats you didn’t have to pay for quarantine so I’m hoping they won’t charge me now I have to rebook if I leave the seat open. 

Sadly I think you will have to pay for quarantine if it is still compulsory when you fly.

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Sadly I think you will have to pay for quarantine if it is still compulsory when you fly.

It varies in which state is your destination . In Perth all international arrivals have to pay unless they get an exemption but other states give an exemption if you booked your flight before the paid quarantine came into force and the airline cancelled your flight, but if you cancel the flight no exemption

n

On 14/09/2020 at 13:36, vikas d sudame said:

it is clear from the migration programme report that almost 2000 less places are granted in parent category 143 visa.........up to 30 th june.......that means applications pending from may 2016 on wards will take more time than expected.so be prepared for further delays

applied 143 7th sept 2017

ack.20th sept.2017

Could I just ask please - have you read this somewhere or is it just your opinion?  Everyone who applied in May 2016 appears to have been asked for and completed their paperwork/further documents so, hopefully, won't have to wait substantially longer than previous applicants who have had their applications assessed but not yet finalised.  I understand they are processed in date order so obviously the wait will be longer than for March/April 2016 applicants.....

1 hour ago, BargeUK said:

Could I just ask please - have you read this somewhere or is it just your opinion?  Everyone who applied in May 2016 appears to have been asked for and completed their paperwork/further documents so, hopefully, won't have to wait substantially longer than previous applicants who have had their applications assessed but not yet finalised.  I understand they are processed in date order so obviously the wait will be longer than for March/April 2016 applicants.....

Or did you mean applications pending from the end of May 2016?

1 hour ago, BargeUK said:

Not everybody in May 2016 will have been asked - not everybody is on this forum! Up to June 2020 only 3730  Contributory Parent visas out of a possible 6000 have been granted.  The number that applied in May 2016 will take a long time to be processed when there were still huge numbers waiting at end financial year June 2020

41C4B7F0-E240-4FC4-A671-18B55DD89B0D.jpeg

4096DECA-CBB3-48EE-B6CE-CF9EB67809F9.png

F27E7699-6DC9-4B56-9C27-98C343BE6266.png

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Not everybody in May 2016 will have been asked - not everybody is on this forum! Up to June 2020 only 3730  Contributory Parent visas out of a possible 6000 have been granted.  The number that applied in May 2016 will take a long time to be processed when there were still huge numbers waiting at end financial year June 2020

Sorry - badly worded.  I meant everyone who posts on here with a May 2016 application date and those in the visa tracker showing as having applied in May 2016 appear to have been asked for further documents.  I do understand that only a tiny fraction of all applicants are on this forum - my bad............

7 hours ago, vikas d sudame said:

my observations are based on the migration report published for the  year 2019..2020.....the report indicates that department has issued approximately 2500 visas less and hence applications lodged in the year 2017 ..2018....will take more time.

So I understand.  It's all very sad and very frustrating....

Hi everyone, newbie poster hoping for some advice with regard to 143. We have completed all of our paperwork, health checks etc and are now waiting in limbo for 2nd Vac request like many others. Sadly though during this pandemic, our small business has been decimated, and we have had to rely on our savings, as were not eligible for government support or furlough, which means we no longer have the full funds available to make payment when requested and will have to rely on the sale of our house.  Would anyone know whether you can request an extension of time to pay for the 2nd Vac when it is eventually requested or must payment be made within 28 days of the request?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GranMartha said:

Hi everyone, newbie poster hoping for some advice with regard to 143. We have completed all of our paperwork, health checks etc and are now waiting in limbo for 2nd Vac request like many others. Sadly though during this pandemic, our small business has been decimated, and we have had to rely on our savings, as were not eligible for government support or furlough, which means we no longer have the full funds available to make payment when requested and will have to rely on the sale of our house.  Would anyone know whether you can request an extension of time to pay for the 2nd Vac when it is eventually requested or must payment be made within 28 days of the request?

When did you lodge your application?

3 hours ago, GranMartha said:

Can’t you arrange either a bank loan or 2nd mortgage on the sale of your house presuming you have a large equity in the property

• Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 23:11, LindaH27 said:

41C4B7F0-E240-4FC4-A671-18B55DD89B0D.jpeg

4096DECA-CBB3-48EE-B6CE-CF9EB67809F9.png

F27E7699-6DC9-4B56-9C27-98C343BE6266.png

How can we down load month wise lodgement data for the year

JULY 2016 to june 2017 and july 17 to june 2018.

28 minutes ago, Taswegians2B said:

Page 31 of this thread, Biggsy downloaded the information you are looking for.

Whilst it’s a good guide it’s not an accurate guide - although it was never meant to be.- Biggsy  was trying to help everybody get an idea of where they were in the queue and it was very helpful. 

Fir instance in that report my date of application in June 2017 shows 18606 in front of me - however the queue calculator ( which is still not being updated after crashing in early June) shows I have 22900 in front of me - a difference of 4294,  The way they’re granting Visas nowadays, that  adds another extra year so I think I have an estimated further 4 or more years wait - which is horrendous !  

I get so annoyed when I see on social  media that some Agents flatly deny that the wait  will be any longer than 4 years for NEW applicants   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikas d sudame said:

Thank you very much for the thread.......i could get all the details.more than 23500 applicants are ahead of us.it looks nothing materialize before 2024.

Without wishing to cause more pain,  see my post just above, where the actual number according to Immi’s own calculator was higher than that in Biggsy’s post. 

I think we just have to forget about it and just carry on living our lives as they are now otherwise we will get too depressed!