Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

17 hours ago, sub7er said:

@DorisYes offshoreย 

Congrats mate we got our 143 granted as well

Does anyone knows how we can travel to australia now being permanent residents ,are we automatically exempted from restrictions or do we get the pr when we land there?
are there any flights going into aus ?

• Congratulations 1

6 hours ago, nitz said:

Congrats mate we got our 143 granted as well

Does anyone knows how we can travel to australia now being permanent residents ,are we automatically exempted from restrictions or do we get the pr when we land there?
are there any flights going into aus ?

I understand that you can fly in with 143 visa as a pr.ย  Getting a flight,ย  meeting caps limit daily arrival, and being quarantinedย at each airport, that's another story.ย ย 

• Like 1

@nitzย & @AlwaysVetย Did anyone check with dept of home affairs, if we can travel to Australia once we have been granted visa 143? Are applicants who are grantedย visa 143ย categorized under Permanent resident which allows them to travel to australia or are we still under the people who are restricted to enter australia?ย 

8 minutes ago, sub7er said:

@nitzย & @AlwaysVetย Did anyone check with dept of home affairs, if we can travel to Australia once we have been granted visa 143? Are applicants who are grantedย visa 143ย categorized under Permanent resident which allows them to travel to australia or are we still under the people who are restricted to enter australia?ย 

As far as I can remember, there's been a discussion about this topic in this forum.ย  Once the visa granted, you can travel in and start validation your visa upon arrival.ย  Couldn'tย remember how to find that thread though.

Edited by AlwaysVet
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sub7er said:

It is on your VEVO account status, check it saysย that you are PRย 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Thanks 1

On 02/09/2020 at 12:55, cfernandes said:

@gagan1991ย If you have a mygov account there will be a letter sent in there confirming that the AOS has been accepted. But if you normally receive correspondence in snail mail then you should receive a hard copy.ย 

@cfernandes can I please confirm with you that your file was lodged under 143 in June 2016?

As application for my mother was lodged in June 2016 as well, but if I am checking the autoreply from immigration it still says that they are working on May 2016 files.

ย 

thanks

ย 

13 hours ago, sub7er said:

Yes you can definitely travel on your 143 visa. We had our Visa grant 29/11/19, our flights were cancelled for the 2/4:20 due to covid.. we flew 2/8/20 , we printed our 143 visa grant and presented it along with our tickets... they phoned Australia to confirm our visas and then everything was plain sailing. We completed our 14 days quarantine at the Pullman Hotel in Adelaide. Good luck with getting flights... where are you flying from and to? We flew Singapore Airline from Heathrow to Adelaide. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Danish55 said:

Hi Guys,ย 

ย 

Just a humble question, i am applying for the visa, just wondering,ย  do i submit 956 or 956A form bring the son?

ย 

Regards

Which visa ? 143? ย Do you meet the balance of family test and if so how old is your son? His age can make a difference as to whether he can be includedย 

Hi, I m new on this forum and planning to apply 143 visa for my father and sisterย , but I m very confused as to apply or not. We are five brothers n sisters and out of 5, 4 of them are Australian citizens. So family balance requirement is clear. Now the issue comes with my sistersโ€™s age. She is 29 and full time student and dependent on dad fully. Now, I am not sure if this visa will suit my sister. Can anyone advise if my sister can be shown dependent on visa 143? Are there any other visas that can bring both my dad and sis to Australia? Any help will be highly appreciated. Many many thanks in advance.ย 

10 minutes ago, Jk07 said:

Hi, I m new on this forum and planning to apply 143 visa for my father and sisterย , but I m very confused as to apply or not. We are five brothers n sisters and out of 5, 4 of them are Australian citizens. So family balance requirement is clear. Now the issue comes with my sistersโ€™s age. She is 29 and full time student and dependent on dad fully. Now, I am not sure if this visa will suit my sister. Can anyone advise if my sister can be shown dependent on visa 143? Are there any other visas that can bring both my dad and sis to Australia? Any help will be highly appreciated. Many many thanks in advance.ย 

Unfortunately she is already too old to be included in the parent visa

41 minutes ago, Jk07 said:

Not your sister. The cut off ageย limit for dependants is 23 so long past the age sheโ€™s classed as a dependent. She would have to try and find one that she can apply for herself.ย 

Edited by LindaH27

it is clear from the migration programme report that almost 2000 less places are granted in parent category 143 visa.........up to 30 th june.......that means applications pending from may 2016 on wards will take more time than expected.so be preparedย for further delays

applied 143 7th sept 2017

ack.20th sept.2017

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 16/08/2020 at 19:27, LindaH27 said:

The cost that home affairsย ย would look at would be $49000

If you have a permanent or ongoing condition with a reasonably predictable course, the MOCย will estimate what your condition will cost the community over your remaining life expectancy up to a maximum of 10 years.

If the only thing medically wrong is glaucoma in the 43 year dependant which is controllable byย medicine ย I doubt she wouldย be allowed a dependant visa under the special rules forย over 23 year olds.ย ย  But as always Iโ€™m not an expert and you really need to speak to a MARA agent. also remember if one applicant fails the medical then all fail. ย 

As far as wait times for the parentย visa there are well over (I think) 52000 already waiting in the queue and onlyย 6000 visas grantedย per year - itโ€™s simply mathematics to work out how long it will take. Home affairs are currently saying it ย will have taken 58 months for the Ones theyโ€™re currently processing - not the ones that have just been lodged.ย 

Most posters have a signature under their posts that give moreย info. Forย ย instance I applied June 2017 so Iโ€™ve already waited three years and before the online queue calculator went off line it said thereย were 22900 in front of me so Iโ€™m looking at another 3.5 to 4 years wait!!ย 

ย 

Whilst that is definitely shocking, ย it also shows that many people are not considered suitable for whatever reason - the refusal grant has surged from around 6%ย ย to 18%
Obviously immi has to double checkย all the applications so thatโ€™s added to the time. Then furtherย checks because of Various problems. I prefer to think that if all is in order with your application there should not be a problem. But itโ€™s seemsย from posts on hereย and elsewhere that people are either not putting in valid applications or they are failing on character or healthย grounds.ย 

The other main reasons isย that many immi staff are notย working at full capacity as due toย Covid-19 itsย likely they have been working on temporary visas to allow people on shore to stay lawful as they couldnโ€™t get out of Australia which they wouldย normally needย to do as part of their visa conditions.ย 
ย 

Also they are ย working on exemptions, ย as Australians cannot leave the country without a valid exemption at present and many of those are also being refused.ย 

quotes from the report :-

ย 
COVID-19 had a significant impact on the outcome of the 2019โ€“20 Migration Program, including due to disruption to supporting services such as English Language testing, biometrics and health and character checking.

Delivery in the Family Stream and Business Innovation and Investment category has been particularly impacted.

The priority in the Family stream has been delivery of the onshore components of the program, where applicants could meet requirements, and to facilitate offshore partner and child cases with an urgent need to travel.

it doesnโ€™t mean that the number of parents visas will stay this low forย ever, ย its whilst theย pandemic Is going on and the efforts of countries to get people back in work still goes on.ย 
ย 

Yes we will have to wait longerย but hopefully we will get there eventually. You never know they might decide in futureย to offer the 6000 places - plus the ones they missed out on this year? Unlikelyย ย but stranger things have happened. Trying to stay positive although initially crushed when I first read the report.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are so right Linda, the Covid crisis is obviously having a huge impact on the issuing of visas. A few are trickling through but many Applicants who are so nearly there ย are still waiting for the final granting of their visa. It is driving us all mad but we can do nothing except try to stay positive!ย ย When the Australian Borders open again, I think it will be a different story.ย ย We have now been waiting near enough 4 years so we must be getting towards the end but we know it will be a while yet. ย It is all soย difficult but try to keep smiling everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

On 21/08/2020 at 15:38, nitz said:

Hey guys just got an email request 2nd vac payment ,coudnโ€™t be more happier .
thanks for supporting during this time @Alice___ย @palaceboy1ย @AlwaysVetย 

you Should hear soon tooย ย @Alice___ย 

applied 11/02/16

Oh my god!!!! Finally theyโ€™re moving again! Our timelines are pretty much exactly the same. Crossing everything!!!! Congratulations!!!

12 hours ago, Juniper said:

You are so right Linda, the Covid crisis is obviously having a huge impact on the issuing of visas. A few are trickling through but many Applicants who are so nearly there ย are still waiting for the final granting of their visa. It is driving us all mad but we can do nothing except try to stay positive!ย ย When the Australian Borders open again, I think it will be a different story.ย ย We have now been waiting near enough 4 years so we must be getting towards the end but we know it will be a while yet. ย It is all soย difficult but try to keep smiling everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

What I do findย more upsetting is the number ofย new posts I read here and on otherย socialย mediaย where people have just applied and are so excited thinking they will get their visa in about 2 years! ย Even worse is when some agents flatly deny that it will take a lot longer than 4ย ย years for new applicants. Surely they too have access to the latest immigration reports??.ย 
ย 

Peopleย need to be given a realistic timeline at the beginning - weโ€™ve all started offย with high hopes and had them dashed.ย 
ย 

The truth about the numbers is out there - I donโ€™t understand why people choose to ignore it.ย 

13 hours ago, Juniper said:

Even without Covid, am application lodged now was always going to take between 6 and 8 years as it has been creeping up for years and then places were significantly cut.ย 

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

What I do findย more upsetting is the number ofย new posts I read here and on otherย socialย mediaย where people have just applied and are so excited thinking they will get their visa in about 2 years! ย Even worse is when some agents flatly deny that it will take a lot longer than 4ย ย years for new applicants. Surely they too have access to the latest immigration reports??.ย 
ย 

Peopleย need to be given a realistic timeline at the beginning - weโ€™ve all started offย with high hopes and had them dashed.ย 
ย 

The truth about the numbers is out there - I donโ€™t understand why people choose to ignore it.ย 

I SO agree with you. It's disheartening to come across this information only on forums such as these whilst the agents (most of them) just parrot out what's written on the immigration web page. When I applied the queue was already indicating close to 8 years wait time.

Either they don't do their homework or don't want to deter applicants from applying with such long wait times.

12 minutes ago, Arti said:

I SO agree with you. It's disheartening to come across this information only on forums such as these whilst the agents (most of them) just parrot out what's written on the immigration web page. When I applied the queue was already indicating close to 8 years wait time.

Either they don't do their homework or don't want to deter applicants from applying with such long wait times.

There are good ones out there! I believe @Alan Collettย (I think!! forgive me if Iโ€™m wrong ) once posted that he wondered whether newer applicants would need two 870s in order to stay onshoreย whilst waiting.ย 

it is business for them after all,ย so perfectly acceptable to take on new business - although there arenโ€™t as many as applicants for other visas, work, partner etc. I just wish they were more open about the wait times rather than just saying โ€œitโ€™s untrueโ€ when people ask.ย ย I read so many posts from people suddenly realising and going into despair. At least if you knew,ย you could decide whether or not it was worth it or whether to have long visits every year and could adapt your lifestyle to accommodate the wait instead of wishing yourย life away.

Iโ€™ve even told people they will have to wait and they wonโ€™tย or donโ€™t want to believe me.ย 

I think so many of us here started off with optimism, then pessimism followed by realism andย acceptanceย 

I've decided toย just go along with my โ€œSocially distancedโ€œ ย life for now and see what happens when the borders open and perhaps see about 870. Or not!!ย 

• Like 2

On 09/09/2020 at 23:31, sub7er said:

Hi everyone , jan 16 visa 143ย applicant here , got the 2nd vac yesterday , paid same day , got the grant email today . Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help and assistanceย thru the whole process. I wish everyone all the best.

Congrats.ย 

How did you make payment same day? Online bank transfer?