Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

Hi everyone,

I am preparing to apply for 143 for my parents.

Just checking if I could apply for them here in Australia by sending the application to any of the Australian offices? or does it have to be from the country where applicant is currently residing ?

Thanksย 

3 hours ago, bobo123 said:

Hi everyone,

I am preparing to apply for 143 for my parents.

Just checking if I could apply for them here in Australia by sending the application to any of the Australian offices? or does it have to be from the country where applicant is currently residing ?

Thanksย 

If you read all the information about this visa on the home affairs website you will see that the application can be submitted from inside Australia.ย  If you look at the actual application form you will see that the application needs to be sent to the Perth office.ย  It might a good idea to read everything through before you start the application.

2 hours ago, Bridgeman said:

If you read all the information about this visa on the home affairs website you will see that the application can be submitted from inside Australia.ย  If you look at the actual application form you will see that the application needs to be sent to the Perth office.ย  It might a good idea to read everything through before you start the application.

Thank for remindingย me that i am an idiot.ย 

But cheers for the theย answer.

Edited by bobo123
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobo123 said:

Thank for remindingย me that i am an idiot.ย 

But cheers for the theย answer.

We are all only human.ย  Just take what you feel happy, leave the rest for one who wants it.ย  I'm stupid too.ย  I don't even speak Englis at home.ย  One thingย might be too easy for one but not that easy to another.ย  Just enjoy your life.

• Like 5

On 19/08/2020 at 19:19, dunken said:

Hi Marilyn

Just want to know if You went for medicals twice or just once in whole process from 173 to 143 grant.ย 

Thanks

Hi I only went once whilst in UK for 173.ย They never asked me to do another on shore but they did get me to do an Australian police clearance certificate for 143 and UK for 173

Hi everyone. I'm totally new to this as in I've never posted anything anywhere ever before so please bear with me.ย  I came across this forum by chance a few weeks ago and have spent hours reading and catching up with everyone's progress. Weย areย in the same position as many of you - we have completed all our paperwork and checks and are now waiting in limbo. We were wondering whether we are safe to assume by now that we will eventually get the visa and that we would have heard by now if they intended to turn us down for any reason. I would like to get the house on the market now and be as ready as possible when we finally hear something but my husband is a bit more cautious and thinks we should wait till we know for definite and then set about trying to sell up. I would be interested to hear anyone else's views

40 minutes ago, BargeUK said:

Hi everyone. I'm totally new to this as in I've never posted anything anywhere ever before so please bear with me.ย  I came across this forum by chance a few weeks ago and have spent hours reading and catching up with everyone's progress. Weย areย in the same position as many of you - we have completed all our paperwork and checks and are now waiting in limbo. We were wondering whether we are safe to assume by now that we will eventually get the visa and that we would have heard by now if they intended to turn us down for any reason. I would like to get the house on the market now and be as ready as possible when we finally hear something but my husband is a bit more cautious and thinks we should wait till we know for definite and then set about trying to sell up. I would be interested to hear anyone else's views

I think you should waitย until you get notification that your visa has been granted. Best not to everย assume anything.ย 

4 hours ago, BargeUK said:

Hiย 

We finally got our visa on the 2nd June and have been trying to organise our move since . House up for sale July and an offer accepted in the first week but still waiting for contracts to be signed . Once this happens we will be choosing our shippers , we have had five quotes and they vary quite a lot on price . The big problem at the moment are the border restrictions on entering Australia .The caps are causing big problems to the airlines and prices have increased dramatically thatโ€™s if you can actually get a flight , some people have been bumped off up to 13 flights and stuck in various countries around the world , we have had one flight cancelled so far . If you finally get to Australia you will have to quarantine in a hotel room for 14 days at your cost (3500$ for 2 ) .ย 
Not many overseas visas have been issued this year due to the virus we were one of the lucky people but actually making the move is very stressful

ย 

ย 

Hi Palaceboy1. Sorry but I don't know how to show your message that I'm replying to..... Thank you for this. I totally understand what you are saying and how stressful it all is. There is still so much to organise once the visa is issued and, to be honest, I'm dreading the actual flight when the time comes but it will all be worth it in the end. There has been so much sadness all over the world this year I think we must all be praying for a successful vaccine to be developed. I hope everything works out well for you with your move

23 minutes ago, BargeUK said:

Hi Palaceboy1. Sorry but I don't know how to show your message that I'm replying to..... Thank you for this. I totally understand what you are saying and how stressful it all is. There is still so much to organise once the visa is issued and, to be honest, I'm dreading the actual flight when the time comes but it will all be worth it in the end. There has been so much sadness all over the world this year I think we must all be praying for a successful vaccine to be developed. I hope everything works out well for you with your move

Hi BargeUK. I donโ€™t often look on the parentsโ€™ thread any more because I got my visa in 2016 and movedย here three years ago. However I saw your post and wanted to offer a bit of encouragement. I was lucky, because the wait is much longer now, but even so, I understand the sense of urgency. ย Itโ€™s really difficult to even get to Australia just now, so somehow you have to take a deep breath and look forward toย making a visit when the Covid situation eases. Donโ€™t forget you have a year from the issue of your visa to make your first entrance to Australia, so there is no need to rush at it. The only hurried bit is when you get an email from PVC (parentsโ€™ visa centre - be careful, I didnโ€™t recognise PVC and almost deleted it!). Even then you get three weeks to do your medical, organise police checks and submit form eighty. If you have form eighty already completed (although that may then need updating if you have a long wait) and make sure you know exactly how to get your police clearance(s) three weeks is plenty of time. ย It seems like itโ€™s never going to happen, but it will. Good luck with it all.

Edited by Fisher1

11 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Hi BargeUK. I donโ€™t often look on the parentsโ€™ thread any more because I got my visa in 2016 and movedย here three years ago. However I saw your post and wanted to offer a bit of encouragement. I was lucky, because the wait is much longer now, but even so, I understand the sense of urgency. ย Itโ€™s really difficult to even get to Australia just now, so somehow you have to take a deep breath and look forward toย making a visit when the Covid situation eases. Donโ€™t forget you have a year from the issue of your visa to make your first entrance to Australia, so there is no need to rush at it. The only hurried bit is when you get an email from PVC (parentsโ€™ visa centre - be careful, I didnโ€™t recognise PVC and almost deleted it!). Even then you get three weeks to do your medical, organise police checks and submit form eighty. If you have form eighty already completed (although that may then need updating if you have a long wait) and make sure you know exactly how to get your police clearance(s) three weeks is plenty of time. ย It seems like itโ€™s never going to happen, but it will. Good luck with it all.

Thanks for this. I think I have set my signature up correctly to show our timeline - I can see it so hopefully you can too? We have actually already completed all our paperwork and checks and we are waiting for our 2nd VAC request.ย  We are hopeful that we would have heard from PVC by now if there was any problem with anything so we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that we have done everything correctly. Thank you for your encouragement.

• Like 1

Hi BargeUK,ย 

as you can see from my signature info that the wait for the 2nd VAC request is very slow at the moment. And I know that there are others still waiting for the 2nd VAC request as far back as January this year. Itโ€™s just a long waiting game because of COVID.ย 
I can see your timeline on your signature so you have set it up correctly.ย 

Edited by Lady Jane
Added info

On 05/09/2020 at 22:04, BargeUK said:

There are still applicants from Jan/Feb/Mar 16 etc still not got 2ndย vac request. I would personally wait longer.Hey...weโ€™ve waited ages anyway!! ย When Iย did sell my home it was all done and dusted within 3mths,ย if that happens to you where would you go?ย ย Alsoย heavily reduced flights to Oz and quarantine still in force.ย 

Hi everyone , jan 16 visa 143ย applicant here , got the 2nd vac yesterday , paid same day , got the grant email today . Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help and assistanceย thru the whole process. I wish everyone all the best.

Edited by sub7er
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 12

On 07/09/2020 at 13:57, Kathss56 said:

Any 143 awaiting parents here in Oz on a 600 visa that have had to applyย for the โ€œNo further stayโ€ condition to be waived please?

Yes. I just did for my mother couple months ago. Just email them all the docs. Got approved in 5 days.ย 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sub7er said:

Hi everyone , jan 16 visa143ย applicant here , got the 2nd vac yesterday , paid same day , got the grant email today . Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help and assistant thru the whole process. I wish everyone all the best.

Congratulations ๐Ÿฅณย 

may I ask are you offshore when visa granted?ย 

1 hour ago, Doris said:

Congratulations ๐Ÿฅณย 

may I ask are you offshore when visa granted?ย 

You have to be offshore. Itโ€™s against the rules to grant 143 whilst onshore - it can only be granted when offshore. Thatโ€™s why some people who are over there on visitor visas arenโ€™t been granted the visa until they leave, which is difficult at present.ย 

2 hours ago, sub7er said:

Hi everyone , jan 16 visa 143ย applicant here , got the 2nd vac yesterday , paid same day , got the grant email today . Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help and assistanceย thru the whole process. I wish everyone all the best.

Congratulations!

7 hours ago, sub7er said:

Great news! Gives hope to the rest of us. Safe journey when the time comes...

7 hours ago, sub7er said:

Congratulations and all the very best !!ย 

8 hours ago, sub7er said:

Many many Congratulations... sub7er

thanks for the update.. really helpsย 

Iโ€™m also January 2016, hopeย to hear soon for 2nd VAC request..

Edited by Samvaz99
  • Congratulations 1