Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 28/05/2020 at 00:43, palaceboy1 said:

There are always a number of cases that drag on for years , about 200 in the 103 queue

Hi Palaceboy,

just a quick question, as you paid 2nd VAC, have you got any receipt from Immigration.

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, Samvaz99 said:

Thank you.. so much 

@Samvaz99 I was able to check with a friend of mine and he mentioned that they chose Bpay which is apparently the cheapest and quickest option. The receipt can be taken from netbank. Also, they got their visa the very next morning. 

Have you already been asked for the 2nd VAC payment?

5 hours ago, cfernandes said:

@Samvaz99 I was able to check with a friend of mine and he mentioned that they chose Bpay which is apparently the cheapest and quickest option. The receipt can be taken from netbank. Also, they got their visa the very next morning. 

Have you already been asked for the 2nd VAC payment?

My understanding is that no one is being asked for the 2nd instalment as theIr visas are not being issued in the current pandemic. Therefore, people are getting to the end and then it’s all frozen until they start releasing visas again. Only then will they take people’s 2nd instalment. Makes sense, they may not grant visas for the next 12 months so unlikely to take money off people now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

My understanding is that no one is being asked for the 2nd instalment as theIr visas are not being issued in the current pandemic. Therefore, people are getting to the end and then it’s all frozen until they start releasing visas again. Only then will they take people’s 2nd instalment. Makes sense, they may not grant visas for the next 12 months so unlikely to take money off people now. 

This is not the case we paid second VAC on 23rd March and are still waiting .

17 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

We applied through an agent and information from IMMI is routed to them first , so no idea if they send receipts

But you paid 2nd VAC on 23 March just before lockdown. So your case is not comparable to after lockdown situation.

17 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Yours was probably about the last payment date prior to it all stopping because of lockdown. I’m pretty sure from about that date, visa grants were frozen and the payments were stopped being requested.  

22 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

@palaceboy1 @Samvaz99 Just to clarify , I trying to help answer the question related to the receipt from DIPB. Not so much the timeline.

The case and example that I shared regarding my friend was prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. 

He got his visa at the end of Jan 2020. 

Edited by cfernandes

35 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

@palaceboy1 @Samvaz99 Just to clarify , I trying to help answer the question related to the receipt from DIPB. Not so much the timeline.

The case and example that I shared regarding my friend was prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. 

He got his visa at the end of Jan 2020. 

Thanks so much... Cfernandes... for clarity,

cheers

1 hour ago, Jellybean T said:

Congratulations... you now just have to find flights to get you there. Hopefully Singapore will start letting us transit through there airport.🎉🎉✈️✈️

Try Qatar they go through Doha and are still flying 

I personally won’t fly Emirates although I do like them because you have to use a train to get to another terminal for your connecting flights. As a lone traveller I find it very stressful 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Try Qatar they go through Doha and are still flying 

I personally won’t fly Emirates although I do like them because you have to use a train to get to another terminal for your connecting flights. As a lone traveller I find it very stressful 

Congratulations!!! We are happy for you and have a pleasant journey to join your beloved Children. Cheers! 

2 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Visa granted today what a surprise

Wow Congratulations!!

I think they'll clear everyone who paid the 2nd vac just before the covid situation came up and whilst they'll continue processing applications, they'll put a pause on the finalizing steps for rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:
4 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Congratulations... you now just have to find flights to get you there. Hopefully Singapore will start letting us transit through there airport.🎉🎉✈️✈️

Hi Jellybean, Emirates are flying to Melbourne, but you're probably booked on. another airline. I think Singapore will open for through traffic soon. Fingers crossed for you. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

Hola Linda,  We’ve got voucher for Singapore Airlines but I don’t mind who we fly with as long as the first entry into Australia is Adelaide.. or it’s double the quarantine. SA haven’t opened their boarder to other states at the moment.  When are you planning on going?