Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

Hi everyone 

Out of curiosity  I went on the queue calculator today and got this.   I put in the date my application was received by immi 30/06/2017 which I know is not the date I meet requirements to be placed in queue, but gives an idea.  Does this mean I have a minimum of another 4 years wait based on yearly capping?

BD30FEA3-8BEB-452C-BBEF-C3719CB7D3D0.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Newlife said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4

Hi everyone 

Out of curiosity  I went on the queue calculator today and got this.   I put in the date my application was received by immi 30/06/2017 which I know is not the date I meet requirements to be placed in queue, but gives an idea.  Does this mean I have a minimum of another 4 years wait based on yearly capping?

Looks like it! Immi have said that applications up to June 2018 (I think!) will have their queue date as the date of lodgement. After that they will be assessed and then given a queue date. I’ve just tried using my lodgement date of 21 June 2017 and it says 22900 in front. But if you try after 30/6/2018 it says there are no visas in the queue presumably because those applications will be assessed then given a queue date

So for my date with 22900 in front at today’s cap of 6000 It means I have a further wait of 3.81years ! But at least they are going to update every month and there may be some dropouts etc but at last  it gives people with contributory parent visa applications an idea of their eventual processing date - this has been sadly lacking in the past and should now bring clarity to the situation 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Newlife said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4

Hi everyone 

hi, Can you give me the website to check the queue ? we have applied for 143 in September 2017.

2 minutes ago, purplealster said:

I checked the queue calculator and it gave me a figure queue date of 07/02/20 of 35,370.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/qcalc/

Strange yes that comes up but others I tried didn’t. There does seem to be an anomaly. I’ve waited 2years 11 months already and using the numbers in front of me and a cap  of 6000 I have a Further potential wait time of 3 years 8 months making a total wait of 6 years 7 months yet a date of February this year would imply a three month wait now and a further 5 years 8 months  so 5 years 11 months which is a shorter time than earlier applications ?? 
it’s possible that after they process the spike that happened in June 2017 the queue will move a little quicker? 

23 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Looks like it! Immi have said that applications up to June 2018 (I think!) will have their queue date as the date of lodgement. After that they will be assessed and then given a queue date. I’ve just tried using my lodgement date of 21 June 2017 and it says 22900 in front. But if you try after 30/6/2018 it says there are no visas in the queue presumably because those applications will be assessed then given a queue date

So for my date with 22900 in front at today’s cap of 6000 It means I have a further wait of 3.81years ! But at least they are going to update every month and there may be some dropouts etc but at last  it gives people with contributory parent visa applications an idea of their eventual processing date - this has been sadly lacking in the past and should now bring clarity to the situation 

as of 21/06/2016,  6040 applicants in the queue &  21/06/2017 there are 22,900. it means there are 16,860 applications lodged within a year. really frustrating story...

1 hour ago, Sujeeva said:

as of 21/06/2016,  6040 applicants in the queue &  21/06/2017 there are 22,900. it means there are 16,860 applications lodged within a year. really frustrating story...

Yes in May/June 2017 alone there were approx 9000 applications! 

Hi we lodged our file on 11 feb 2016 ,and we had everything done before lockdown pcc and medicals and que calculator shows 1800 files ahead of us which included aged parent visas as well.Can anyone guess around how much time they l take more for our final processing?

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Strange yes that comes up but others I tried didn’t. There does seem to be an anomaly. I’ve waited 2years 11 months already and using the numbers in front of me and a cap  of 6000 I have a Further potential wait time of 3 years 8 months making a total wait of 6 years 7 months yet a date of February this year would imply a three month wait now and a further 5 years 8 months  so 5 years 11 months which is a shorter time than earlier applications ?? 
it’s possible that after they process the spike that happened in June 2017 the queue will move a little quicker? 

Hi Linda

I put my date of 7 July 2016 in and it says there are 7250 in front of me!  However, using the other data from immi (in the reports which I've uploaded here on occasions) if I calculate backwards from the 7 July 2016 I have to go as far back as October 2015 to get the same number!  We can all see that others on this forum with application dates of for the first quarter of 2016 have already been granted.  I've included the 173's and also taken into account that the 864's and 884's up to Jan 2017 have already been processed.  Maybe I'm missing something or perhaps it's like most of the CPV queue information immi publish you can't rely on.

Edited by Biggsy

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies and comments especially Linda as our queue dates are so similar. Depressing in one way but better to know at least we can carry on with current plans knowing nothing imminent will change them, no need to rush to sell the house😀

• Like 1

Just now, Newlife said:

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies and comments especially Linda as our queue dates are so similar. Depressing in one way but better to know at least we can carry on with current plans knowing nothing imminent will change them, no need to rush to sell the house😀

Yes I’ve been taking the view for a while now that it’s best to just get on with your normal life as otherwise you wish your life away!!  And obviously this pandemic has slowed the whole world down sadly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taswegians2B said:

Very frustrating!  Our queue number is 29,060, which is close to another five years wait!  2017 was certainly a big year for applications.  I do agree though that it’s good to have clarity on where we sit in the queue.  

@Taswegians2B the reason for the spike in 2017  is probably the Productivity review in 2016 where they were looking at all the visas. There were recommendations apparently  of reducing the current 99 different visas to just 10, getting rid of non contributory parent visas and greatly increasing the charge for the contributory visas. This led to a rush to get the applications in before all that happened! 

To date no major changes have been made as far as I’m aware. They have changed  the processing priority slightly as they found they had been processing onshore 864 parent visas well  in advance of the contributory off shore parent visas. The 864 have now been placed on hold until 173  and 143 reach  the same date of applications made up to January 2017. This is certainly going to mean a much longer wait for any 864 applicants with a lodgement date after January 2017 and perhaps a quicker wait for 173/143 with a date before that but after that they will all be dealt with in strict date order. 

Again there is the chance that any changes brought in the future “Could” be retrospective  as I believe the govt  have done something similar before - something to do with student visas I think. 
but it’s obviously worth checking every month just to see how quickly(or slowly!) the queue is moving as all sorts of things could affect the queue.