Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

2 hours ago, Malik1234 said:

What is that email Test thing ?

Sending a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au with something in the subject line.... it sends you an auto response with  details about parent visa categories and their timelines something like this - 

image.png.09838fd3814f31c0cbd3071ef6995e86.png

On 19/03/2020 at 21:33, cfernandes said:

Congratulations ! and I also see that you have submitted everything so quickly 🙂 Excellent ! 

Thanks, After the long wait had everything ready to go. Got the medical appoinment within 2 days and also the Police check was back in 3 days!

Now the wait for the AOS

• Like 1

On 21/03/2020 at 23:48, Yorkie said:

Thanks, After the long wait had everything ready to go. Got the medical appoinment within 2 days and also the Police check was back in 3 days!

Now the wait for the AOS

In my own opinion!  it will go quiet parent visa wise for a while. Mygov website keeps crashing and Centrelink overwhelmed with enquires.  Immigration will also be very very busy with temporary visa enquires etc., keep safe everyone 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SueLee said:

Dear all

Yes, let’s not add more trouble into the already crashing myGov centerlink site. 

There's not much point in hassling them anyway.  The Prime Minister is saying the emergency measures will be in place for at least six months and possibly longer.  So even if your parent visa gets approved, you will not be able to get a flight to enter Australia for several months.

• Sad 1

On 19/03/2020 at 21:04, SusieRoo said:

S**t… that’s not so good.

I did the test email thing this morning and they are ‘officially’ processing up to 16th Feb for both 173 and 143 visas.

I hope you hear something soon.

Just to clarify, it is Feb 2016 not 16th Feb.

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

In my own opinion!  it will go quiet parent visa wise for a while. Mygov website keeps crashing and Centrelink overwhelmed with enquires.  Immigration will also be very very busy with temporary visa enquires etc., keep safe everyone 😞

I agree with Kath, when Australia imposed travel ban on China, immigration office stopped issuing 2nd vac request and permanent visa to all offshore Chinese applicants. There are exceptions, but I am not going into details here.

With the latest border closure, I assume all offshore 143 applications are now on hold, people might still hear from their case officers asking additional docs etc, but there will be very few 2nd vac requests and visa grant notices. 

I hope everyone stay safe, follow the social distancing rules and avoid gathering. good luck