Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 28/02/2020 at 10:38, Aaron88 said:

Haha check my timeline, the waiting is killing me. Lots of applications who applied after me got their visa already. Not sure what’s going on here. 

We are pretty much the same to the day, so fingers crossed head soon!

• Like 1

Wow @KittyMB , congratulations on getting your 2nd Vac payment request, your paperwork has gone through exceptionally fast, my husband and I applied just under two weeks after your date - so I am hoping we will hear soon - AOS bank guarantee paid and our son has uploaded paperwork to his MyGov account. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KittyMB said:

@AlwaysVet How did you guys upload the AoS documents to Centrelink? The lady had told me to upload documents to Financial Assurance as that was a priority queue. When I uploaded, I first uploaded as Other documents with the title Financial Assurance; I was still a bit unsure so I uploaded again but selected Centrelink Forms - I'm sorry I can't remember the Form number but if you find Financial Assurance Form and upload to that. It may get you a quicker response. See my signature, ours has been moving pretty quickly.

@Aaron88 We sent acceptance letter to immi, I thought I'd have to wait for at least 3 weeks to hear back, a couple of days later I sent an email asking for possible timeframes as the parents current tourist visa is about to expire. I did not get a response to that but got the request for 2nd Vac payment. Just thought I'd share, as I think the email did the trick in getting a quicker response. (or maybe not and it's just been plain good luck :))

My son just did it for us, not so sure how he uploaded it.  He did speak to Centrelink and been informed that they've had everything they needed and they just advised to wait.  Who knows how long it gonna take.  We will wait.
Thanks again for your advice.

• Thanks 1

On 18/02/2020 at 11:29, SusieRoo said:

To be honest, I think I am wrong about this and the OP is actually eligible to apply for a 143 parent visa. Have a look at this ( https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2004A01090 ) and let me know what you think?

I know this part of the topic goes back a couple of weeks but I was curious about this.  From what's written in the legislation, I understand it to mean:

- the parent is eligible for the 143 visa if they have a child who is a settled Australian citizen/AU PR holder/eligible NZ citizen. (143.211)

- the parent can be sponsored for the 143 visa by the child, the child's partner, the child's guardian, an organisation (depending on the age/situation of the child). (143.212)

However if they've been told by a registered migration agent that they are eligible to apply before their daughter gets her PR visa, perhaps there is some precedent for this.

33 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

I know this part of the topic goes back a couple of weeks but I was curious about this.  From what's written in the legislation, I understand it to mean:

- the parent is eligible for the 143 visa if they have a child who is a settled Australian citizen/AU PR holder/eligible NZ citizen. (143.211)

- the parent can be sponsored for the 143 visa by the child, the child's partner, the child's guardian, an organisation (depending on the age/situation of the child). (143.212)

However if they've been told by a registered migration agent that they are eligible to apply before their daughter gets her PR visa, perhaps there is some precedent for this.

Agents can be wrong too sometimes. 
If someone has a child who has applied for PR as a spouse and is married to a settled Australian citizen/AU PR holder/eligible NZ citizen. 
First this child has to get PR for parents to pass balance of family test. 
Parent/s will fail balance of family test if none of their children are actually a settled Australian citizen/AU PR holder/eligible NZ citizen.
143.211 Eligible - as in "balance of family test" 
143.212 Sponsorship is actually referring to "Financial Support" or AOS - Assurance of support.

Edited by MELBNGSM

I can’t believe I’m writing this.....Bridgie has left the building.

PR has been granted today, we have been wandering around Auckland checking emails hourly since Sunday. The stress has been incredible and now the relief is immense.

There’s only one thing left to say,,,,,

G’day Mate.......

• Congratulations 16

4 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Something to add to my timeline!

5/03/2020 @ 1:05pm - Assurance of Support asked by Department of Home Affairs.

Looks like it will start moving again. I know of a May 2016 applicant who was asked for further docs as well. Fingers crossed 

39 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Something to add to my timeline!

5/03/2020 @ 1:05pm - Assurance of Support asked by Department of Home Affairs.

Yesterday we were asked to provide bank guarantee less than 2 weeks from submitting AoS. Daughter did not have telephone interview either. Super quick. Hope to lodge bond certificate fri or Mon 

• Congratulations 2

21 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

I just realised I dont have a CRN number. Never had to use the Centrelink services !!!

It’s all fairly quick to do. When submitting AoS it will say at the end of form to go to Centrelink office with ID. Daughter only spent 15mins there to do that. After that you can go back online click submit application button. She did that whilst she was still at their office just in case it didn’t work! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

I just realised I dont have a CRN number. Never had to use the Centrelink services !!!

So I went to Centrelink yesterday afternoon. When I go there I was greeted by a customer service rep on the reception.

I said I am in need for CRN and she asked what is it for. I said its for AOS application to apply PR for my parents.

Then she asked my Name and DOB and asked me to take a seat (pointing out that my number will come ~1hour approx)

So I sat down and after a few mins passed I realised I had my Drivers Licence and Bank card only on me and they needed my passport or something more for the 100 points ID. So I went up to the reception again and asked if I can show a photo of my passport on my phone ; the girl was reluctant at first then then 5 mins later taking my details she gave me a linking CODE (mygov) and CRN number!!! from 1 hour to 15 mins ;D

Now I am doing AOS and at the: 

3. Tell us about the visa applicant details

I have error: The service is unavailable at this time

Some advice please!

Edited by MELBNGSM
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

So I went to Centrelink yesterday afternoon. When I go there I was greeted by a customer service rep on the reception.

I said I am in need for CRN and she asked what is it for. I said its for AOS application to apply PR for my parents.

Then she asked my Name and DOB and asked me to take a seat (pointing out that my number will come ~1hour approx)

So I sat down and after a few mins passed I realised I had my Drivers Licence and Bank card only on me and they needed my passport or something more for the 100 points ID. So I went up to the reception again and asked if I can show a photo of my passport on my phone ; the girl was reluctant at first then then 5 mins later taking my details she gave me a linking CODE (mygov) and CRN number!!! from 1 hour to 15 mins ;D

Now I am doing AOS and at the: 

3. Tell us about the visa applicant details

I have error: The service is unavailable at this time

Some advice please!

Sorry system is an absolute nightmare. Took my daughter 4 different attempts over 4 days. It just keeps crashing. Try different browser and or private mode. 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Sorry system is an absolute nightmare. Took my daughter 4 different attempts over 4 days. It just keeps crashing. Try different browser and or private mode. 

So I want to add to this: 

anyone doing AOS application . Put all details in UPPER CASE. I had put the company I work for in lower case and I think the form is incapable of changing anything to standard they accept other than the POSTAL ADDRESS.

I deleted the application . Started again and put all in UPPER CASE and this seems to have got me to the point of UPLOADING DOCS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/03/2020 at 11:58, NatS259 said:

We are pretty much the same to the day, so fingers crossed head soon!

Hi Nat, Have you got requested for 2nd Vac? ( I saw in the spreadsheet) 

your timeframe and mine are pretty much the same and I haven’t heard back from them yet! 

This waiting game is killing me!!!!! 

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi Kath.

When they sent you/your daughter email rquest for further info.

Did they mention you had to fill form 80? I am not asked to fill form 80.

Maybe because my parents are currently holding another visa subclass 600 (long stay tourist) hence we are not asked. Just want to make sure.

21 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi Kath.

When they sent you/your daughter email rquest for further info.

Did they mention you had to fill form 80? I am not asked to fill form 80.

Maybe because my parents are currently holding another visa subclass 600 (long stay tourist) hence we are not asked. Just want to make sure.

BOTH parents have to fill in form 80 not you. I am also currently here on a 12mth 600 visa 👍

Edited by Kathss56

Just updated this report so all the poor soles waiting in the queue can see where they stand.

The criteria assumes everyone with an application up to and including April 2016 has had a request for further docs.

The original source of this data (link in the report) was from a freedom of information request someone submitted. It only covers applications up to the end of April 2019.  If anyone can find a more recent similar document at any point please let me know. I will be more than happy to include that data and continue to post updates here after my own visa has been granted.  Based on a quota of around 6000 visas per year you can foecast approximately when you might be contacted for further docs. Providing of course the quota doesn't change and processing doesn't pause for any reason!

CPV Lodged Date Report as of 06 March 2020.pdf

• Thanks 4

Thanks for this. I did originally think another three years for my June 2017 application but that’s based on 6000 as you suggested. I do think it’s likely to be longer as they’re not  meeting the numbers they could give out. Think it’s been around 5600 recently. 

• Like 1