Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

22 minutes ago, sub7er said:

Applied  & received acknowledgement on 27 Jan 2016 for visa 143. Hoping to hear soon from home affairs for further docs request. Has anyone from Jan 2016 received email requesting for further docs?

Hi, oooh exciting, we are around the same time!!  I haven’t heard of anyone in Jan 2016 yet, latest I’ve heard of is 10 Dec 2015.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2019 at 11:02, J410 said:

3/08/2015 - Acknowledgement 
27/02/2019 - Additional information requested
08/07/2019 - Aos application submitted
19/07/2019 - AoS accepted
01/08/2019 - Request for  VAC2 payment
01/08/2019 - VAC2 paid via Bpay same day
...eagerly waiting for the next update 

Congrats!  Can you please tell us how to make AOS application?  Is there any form to fill up? where to send application?  Also, I had done medical check in April 2019 for SC 600 visa. Is this Medical test valid for One year for CPV 143 Medical Check ?  or we need to go for CPV 143 Medical Check again?

16 hours ago, theballies said:

No word of any requests for documents on the forum today ☹️

yeh i was thinking maybe someone from Jan 2016 might have received an email with the speed the immi dept is flying through files in the last few weeks. Anyways fingers crossed hoping we can hear that good news soon

• Like 1

1/09/15 143 lodged

29/07/19 AoS Accepted

8/08/19 2nd VAC requested 

9/08/19 2nd VAC Paid and acknowledged 

They told us that our dependent child, who is in Australia with student visa, has to leave the country for three days for the visa decision now. 

If he leaves the country on Monday 12/08/19 to Thursday this week, and we notify the department of this on Monday, will they process the decision within those days? We are confused about when and how fast the decision is made in situation when someone needs to leave country for it. Due to having some deadlines around university it would be best for him to leave in these days and not later

9 minutes ago, JayInAustralia said:

1/09/15 143 lodged

29/07/19 AoS Accepted

8/08/19 2nd VAC requested 

9/08/19 2nd VAC Paid and acknowledged 

They told us that our dependent child, who is in Australia with student visa, has to leave the country for three days for the visa decision now. 

If he leaves the country on Monday 12/08/19 to Thursday this week, and we notify the department of this on Monday, will they process the decision within those days? We are confused about when and how fast the decision is made in situation when someone needs to leave country for it. Due to having some deadlines around university it would be best for him to leave in these days and not later

I heared someone got their visa granted few hours after left Australia,but it might be a case by case thing…but i think you should notify your CO as soon as you booked the flight rather you left the coutry,but its almost 12th now… btw if you don't mind me asking when did you lodge ur AoS application?

22 hours ago, bridgie said:

See the new “parent visa application timeline (143 &173)” is working well and on topic emoji3.pngemoji3.png

I have put together a spreadsheet of signature details of fellow members from this site, on my list @bridgie you are the next in line ,that I know of, to get 'the email'!!  I have a gap from 10/12/2015 - 02/01/2016 where I don't know any members who applied in that time.

• Like 3

I have put together a spreadsheet of signature details of fellow members from this site, on my list [mention=249251]bridgie[/mention] you are the next in line ,that I know of, to get 'the email'!!  I have a gap from 10/12/2015 - 02/01/2016 where I don't know any members who applied in that time.

I know, I know, I know, I haven’t slept for a week[emoji3][emoji3]

In all honesty by applying date between application and paperwork being picked up for the last 4 or 5 people we are projected to hear around the middle of September. This is assuming there is no slippage or 5000 cases that applied in the last weeks of December.

My immediate concern is whether I’ve posted in the right section[emoji3][emoji3]. At least it keeps my mind off the 700$ spent last year for medicals that expire middle of August.

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

I know, I know, I know, I haven’t slept for a weekemoji3.pngemoji3.png

In all honesty by applying date between application and paperwork being picked up for the last 4 or 5 people we are projected to hear around the middle of September. This is assuming there is no slippage or 5000 cases that applied in the last weeks of December.

My immediate concern is whether I’ve posted in the right sectionemoji3.pngemoji3.png. At least it keeps my mind off the 700$ spent last year for medicals that expire middle of August.

Oh yikes!!!

Fingers crossed you hear something soon. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

1 Sept 2015 143 Applied

22 Feb 2019 Form 80/medicals etc requested

22 Mar 2019 AoS lodged 

12 Jul 2019 Centrelink accepted AoS. They messed around with this and we didn't know it was accepted until 29 July. Our sponsor in Australia visited Centrelink to clarify what's happening and they eventually informed that it was processed. 

29 Jul 2019 Passed on the AoS acceptance to CO to resume processing for visa

8 Aug 2019 2nd VAC requested 

9 Aug 2019 2nd VAC paid

10 Aug 2019 Department requested our son who is dependent child in the application, exit Australia for our visa to finalise

13 Aug 2019 VISA GRANT! Our son flew out in the morning and a couple hours later our visa was approved 

• Congratulations 2

I noticed on the main Parent Visa forum how some people were wondering why the queue has started to move quickly regarding the application dates currently being processing. I thought I’d post here as this is more related to timelines.

I’m sure it will depend on how many applications were lodged each month. For example (exaggerating or maybe not!) if the number of places available for 143’s per year is 7,175 and 6,000 were lodged in January then the currently processing date would remain as January for 10 months giving the impression that very few visas were being processed.  I’m guessing that the number of applications must have eased off in the second half of 2015.  Anyway it’s all good news, just hoping it continues that way for us all.

Edited by Biggsy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Biggsy said:

I noticed on the main Parent Visa forum how some people were wondering why the queue has started to move quickly regarding the application dates currently being processing. I thought I’d post here as this is more related to timelines.

I’m sure it will depend on how many applications were lodged each month. For example (exaggerating or maybe not!) if the number of places available for 143’s per year is 7,175 and 6,000 were lodged in January then the currently processing date would remain as January for 10 months giving the impression that very few visas were being processed.  I’m guessing that the number of applications must have eased off in the second half of 2015.  Anyway it’s all good news, just hoping it continues that way for us all.

True. If we see past trend, applications are heavily lodged from Feb to Aug period. 

• Like 1