Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding my parents visa 143. I live in Australia and I am the nominated person to receive communication and also the sponsor. My parent visa 143 application was sent by me (by AusPost) and was acknowledged received in June 2016.

1. When they request for further documents, what could they be? Are they just Medical check and Police Clearance check? Somebody mentioned Form 80 but if memory serves me right, we have already filled in Form 80 and sent them along with other documents in June 2016.

2. I know that we need to wait for the HAP ID for medical check but what about Police Clearance though? Is Police Clearance Certificate something my parents can get now as I think it is valid for a year? The reason is it may take up to 1 month to get the certificate in my country (sadly).

3. Now my biggest concern: I was single back in 2016 when the application was sent but then I got married in 2018. Do I need to notify my marriage status to Immigration? If yes, how? Because I sent the application by paper, not online, so how do I do this? (I will also move to new address next month so is it something I also need to notify Immigration (even though I am just the sponsor?). My parents information and status are still correct though.

4. Sombody mentioned sending a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au to receive latest information but I tried many times and I get nothing back.

Thank you very much for all your time.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

@Bishoy95, how old are you now?   That's what matters.  When your parents' visa is granted, you must still be under 23 and dependent.   

I am 24 years old, however, my lawyer told me that I will be fine as I applied before the date of the changes.

Even though, there is a website which confirms my lawyer speaking: https://www.acacia-au.com/including-family-members-changes-from-19-November-2016.php

Could you check it and see if am I wrong 😕 ?

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding my parents visa 143. I live in Australia and I am the nominated person to receive communication and also the sponsor. My parent visa 143 application was sent by me (by AusPost) and was acknowledged received in June 2016.

1. When they request for further documents, what could they be? Are they just Medical check and Police Clearance check? Somebody mentioned Form 80 but if memory serves me right, we have already filled in Form 80 and sent them along with other documents in June 2016.

2. I know that we need to wait for the HAP ID for medical check but what about Police Clearance though? Is Police Clearance Certificate something my parents can get now as I think it is valid for a year? The reason is it may take up to 1 month to get the certificate in my country (sadly).

3. Now my biggest concern: I was single back in 2016 when the application was sent but then I got married in 2018. Do I need to notify my marriage status to Immigration? If yes, how? Because I sent the application by paper, not online, so how do I do this? (I will also move to new address next month so is it something I also need to notify Immigration (even though I am just the sponsor?). My parents information and status are still correct though.

4. Sombody mentioned sending a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au to receive latest information but I tried many times and I get nothing back.

I may not be able to answer all of your questions but would like to share some info.

1. We sent form 47PA when applied, not form80

2. Mine PPC took about 1 month. However, I would concentrate on AoS in which may take even longer. You may take a chance to have PCC beforehand as far as it is not expired when they require it.  

12 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes I’m happy to see things moving.too! . But I got very downhearted a few months ago with the realisation that as a June 2017 applicant there was a huge surge around that time which would probably add 2 years to the wait time. Now I’m just getting on things and trying not to think about it but surely you should hear soon?.

I just don’t understand why applications were all being mixed up , first 864 seemed to have priority then 173 and now 143 are forging ahead! I’m happy for those who are nearly at the end of their journey though. Just wish immi was more realistic about wait times. We all thought it was about 18 - 24 months wait according to the website! My grand daughter over there was born in 2015 but I couldn’t put my application in then as daughter was going on Maternity leave and wouldn’t have met the required two years finance requirements so we left it till 2017 to meet it. Had we known the real length of wait we would have put the application  in 2015 anyway as by the time 4 years later they were looking at that date it would have been ok and in all probability I would have had my visa by now!! 

will be 3 years in June - and realistically think it may be another 3 ☹️☹️

Hi Linda,

I share your feelings. I've applied for my parents 4 years ago (26th of Feb 2016), was told it was going to be 18-24 months. Yet 4 years later, we're all waiting. There are not many 172 fellows on this forum. I hope it'll be our turns soon. 

10 minutes ago, Nie said:

Hi Linda,

I share your feelings. I've applied for my parents 4 years ago (26th of Feb 2016), was told it was going to be 18-24 months. Yet 4 years later, we're all waiting. There are not many 172 fellows on this forum. I hope it'll be our turns soon. 

Thank you but I applied for 143. I wanted the security of full PR straightaway. Best wishes for your future  too . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

Just when I thought no one loved us and we had been forgotten!!!

Boom

Request for 2nd VAC arrived. I’ve never been so happy to pay $87200.

Did someone say “ it’s Wine O’Clockemoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji485.png

Aussie Bridgie.

Wow, what a great news, congratulations. Yeh, paying a lot of money but still feeling so happy. Hope it will be my turn one day.

13 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I have considered 600 visa. However I’m concerned about what happens during my absence. What do people do about leaving their home unoccupied.? About mail? About their car and probably lots of other queries too. If someone could point out the best way to deal with all this I’d be grateful 

Hi Linda, if I had lodged around the same time as you and circumstances allowed it, I would have applied for the new 5 year visa, sold up lock stock and barrel and just gone. Assuming they have almost finished requesting further info for March 2016 applicants, there are just over 20,000 143 parent visa applications between the 1st April 2016 and your lodgement date in the queue.  I admire you If you can stick it out but I don't think I could deal with that.  Life is too short and getting shorter,  I don't think any of us can really afford this amount of time for life to be on hold. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Hi Linda, if I had lodged around the same time as you and circumstances allowed it, I would have applied for the new 5 year visa, sold up lock stock and barrel and just gone. Assuming they have almost finished requesting further info for March 2016 applicants, there are just over 20,000 143 parent visa applications between the 1st April 2016 and your lodgement date in the queue.  I admire you If you can stick it out but I don't think I could deal with that.  Life is too short and getting shorter,  I don't think any of us can really afford this amount of time for life to be on hold. Good luck!

Thanks @Biggsy! I’m hoping to go over later this year for three months and will be discussing this with my daughter to see what we think is the best way to deal with this. 

12 hours ago, Bishoy95 said:

I am 24 years old, however, my lawyer told me that I will be fine as I applied before the date of the changes.

Even though, there is a website which confirms my lawyer speaking: https://www.acacia-au.com/including-family-members-changes-from-19-November-2016.php

Could you check it and see if am I wrong 😕 ?

If I was you I’d be speaking to a migrant agent to get things confirmed.  You may not be two months away from being asked for documents. They may have reached there quota and you may be 4 or 5 months away. When do you turn 25? You seem unusually old to still be dependent on your parents. 

On 07/02/2020 at 16:49, bridgie said:

Just when I thought no one loved us and we had been forgotten!!!

Boom

Request for 2nd VAC arrived. I’ve never been so happy to pay $87200.

Did someone say “ it’s Wine O’Clockemoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji485.png

Aussie Bridgie.

Congratulations!!! Can you tell me how long they give you to pay the second/final instalment when you get the email? I just paid the AOS - currently also hopefully buying a house so making sure funds are all in check as a few weeks of money going all over the place! Thanks 🙂

Hi - Can anyone help - Trying to fill in Form 80 (nightmare)

Part H - Proposed Travel or further stay -

Q21 - Are you currently in Australia - NO

Q22 - Proposed Travel - We have nothing booked for going to Australia this year so - do I just state - NO TRAVEL PROPOSED

Q23 - Travel Dates for your journey - Easy - answer NO

Q24 - Are you applying for a Temporary Visa - NO (Go to Part I)

Part I - Addresses in Australia

Q30 - Are you located outside Australia - YES 

Q31- Do you know the details of the places you will stay during your time in Australia - THIS IS WHERE I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT IT - does this refer to when we go to Australia for our next holiday / where we plan to stay if we get Visa - HELP

45 minutes ago, LBee said:

Hi - Can anyone help - Trying to fill in Form 80 (nightmare)

Part H - Proposed Travel or further stay -

Q21 - Are you currently in Australia - NO

Q22 - Proposed Travel - We have nothing booked for going to Australia this year so - do I just state - NO TRAVEL PROPOSED

Q23 - Travel Dates for your journey - Easy - answer NO

Q24 - Are you applying for a Temporary Visa - NO (Go to Part I)

Part I - Addresses in Australia

Q30 - Are you located outside Australia - YES 

Q31- Do you know the details of the places you will stay during your time in Australia - THIS IS WHERE I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT IT - does this refer to when we go to Australia for our next holiday / where we plan to stay if we get Visa - HELP

@LBee, I believe that is the place where the applicants will be staying when they visit AUS the next time. For my in-laws, my mrs and I filled in our home address and left it at that. 

Congratulations!!! Can you tell me how long they give you to pay the second/final instalment when you get the email? I just paid the AOS - currently also hopefully buying a house so making sure funds are all in check as a few weeks of money going all over the place! Thanks [emoji846]

28 days.

Bridgie
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2020 at 03:01, Tulip1 said:

If I was you I’d be speaking to a migrant agent to get things confirmed.  You may not be two months away from being asked for documents. They may have reached there quota and you may be 4 or 5 months away. When do you turn 25? You seem unusually old to still be dependent on your parents. 

I am still dependent on my parents as I am still l a full-time student doing my master's degree in which they pay for its international fees. I will turn 25 in November this year.

I do not see it as unusual old to be dependent as I am still a full-time student if you know what I mean @Tulip1

Just received notification to go off shore to be awarded visa.

You have to show your travel plans within 7 days of receipt of the email and leave Australia,if you are on shore,within 28 days of payment of 2nd Vac. You are required to be off shore for a minimum of 5 working days.

Bridgie

• Congratulations 8

29 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Just received notification to go off shore to be awarded visa.

You have to show your travel plans within 7 days of receipt of the email and leave Australia,if you are on shore,within 28 days of payment of 2nd Vac. You are required to be off shore for a minimum of 5 working days.

Bridgie

Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, Erica said:

Question to all. Once the parent contributory 143 visa has been granted how long does the applicant have to enter Australia? 

Hi Erica, Each case can differ as it use to be dependent on medicals and police reports still being in force, as they only last for 12 months some people only got a couple of months or less to validate their Visa. We had our medicals done in August 2019 our Visas were granted 29th November and we have until 29/11/2020 to validate. 🤗

• Like 2

On 10/02/2020 at 21:24, Erica said:

Question to all. Once the parent contributory 143 visa has been granted how long does the applicant have to enter Australia? 

Hi ours were granted 13.12.2019 and we had until 13.12.2020 to enter and validate them.  Our medicals and police checks run out March 2020 so you get more time now.  Good luck 😎😎

Edited by Rosiejaq
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2020 at 11:01, Noctis said:

Hi all,

ask on this page 

Edited by Kathss56

On 07/02/2020 at 14:36, Nie said:

Hi Linda,

this is the main parent visa forum this page is supposed to,be just timeline queries really. More parents on the other link