Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

Have you been asked for AOS? Think that’s the last step so if you have then hopefully it should be ok. If not when was the application made? 

They charge a huge amount because that’s a contribution to Medicare. I believe Australians pay into this through deductions from the salary etc all their working lives so people with 143 visa won’t have paid anything in but will get full Medicare on visa grant . It also guarantees an quicker process but having said that non contributory visas are stretching  to 30 years wait and contributory visa applications made now are looking at 8 years or more. 

The AOS bond is refundable after 10 provided there are no debts owing to Australia government - you cannot claim benefits  for 10 years after grant of 143  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, theballies said:

Did you contact your bank before hand to have the daily limit of you BPay lifted in order to pay the large sum of $$?

No... I just went into my App and raised the limit there and then.. I bank with CommBank so perhaps different banks have different rules. Good luck

• Like 1

Hi everyone, as the 143 visa applications now appear to be on the move, I thought I would actively join the group.  We applied in Jan 2017 and am wondering how far into 2016 we are now.  They seem to be pushing them through quite quickly.  Can anyone update me please

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, POMMY JO said:

Hi everyone, as the 143 visa applications now appear to be on the move, I thought I would actively join the group.  We applied in Jan 2017 and am wondering how far into 2016 we are now.  They seem to be pushing them through quite quickly.  Can anyone update me please

I think it is April 2016. Currently, it takes about 46 months to get an invitation to provide AoS, Medication, PCC. 

• Like 1

They are pushing them through because they found they had been granting 864 before 143 and 173 even though it’s supposed to be in strict date order. ( More likely there had been complaints rather than they just found out!) so 173/143 are being dealt with first until they catch up with 864 ie those with a date of January 2017. Then all visas move forward together in strict date order. 

They are currently asking other docs for those up till April 2016 at present  I think but they’ve only so far granted those with lodgement dates of December 2015 as far as I know. 
They only grant 6000 per year so they must be nearly at that target now - their year ends June so  they will slow down soon once that figure is reached. 

There were huge jumps in applications from 2016.especially I believe in May and June. It’s taken well over 4 years for 2015 applicants to get the visa grant but is likely to take much longer for 2016 applicants onwards. According to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-statistics/statistics/visa-statistics/live/migration-program there were over 38500 in the queue at end June 2017

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KatherineM said:

Has anyone seen any further updates to 173 timelines? We're Jan 2016. It's great to see such quick movement for the 143 applications, but a little disheartening at the same time 😭

Last I saw was about 7 posts above yours from Ammy143 who applied 28 Nov  2015 and has  just had visa granted 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KatherineM said:

Has anyone seen any further updates to 173 timelines? We're Jan 2016. It's great to see such quick movement for the 143 applications, but a little disheartening at the same time 😭

173 visas have now slipped back 4/5 months behind 143 visas. It’s now close to a year since there was any movement in the 173 queue.

• Like 1

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/report-migration-program-2018-19.pdf

The 2018/19 Migration Program Report on page 10 advises:

Demand for places in the Family stream in 2018-19 was 5.1 per cent higher than in 2017-18. The pipeline at 30 June 2019 was 200,779 first stage applications, an increase of 6.4 per cent compared to the pipeline of 188,633 first stage applications as at 30 June 2018. The Partner category accounted for 44.2 per cent of the Family stream pipeline. Contributory Parent and Non-Contributory Parent categories accounted for 26.3 per cent and 24.9 per cent of the total Family stream pipeline, respectively.

My trusty calculator tells me that this equates to 52,800 CP applications in the pipeline.

Immediately above ... The outcome of the Contributory Parent and Non-Contributory Parent categories were 5587 and 1218 places, respectively ...

So the 52,800 applications in the pipeline equates to 9.45 years of applications given the same outcome in terms of visa grants in the current and future years as pertained in 2018/19.

=>  Not a great scenario for those applying today.    Subclass 870 visas are of course the solution to bridge the gap, but what happens when processing times extend beyond the 10 year maximum stay permitted on an 870 remains to be seen ...

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

So the 52,800 applications in the pipeline equates to 9.45 years of applications given the same outcome in terms of visa grants in the current and future years as pertained in 2018/19.

So no advantage in applying for a new CPV now. May as well just apply for the standard parent visa and save the extra cost. Plus, you can always switch streams at a later date if needed without loosing your place.

Edited by SusieRoo

13 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

So no advantage in applying for a new CPV now. May as well just apply for the standard parent visa and save the extra cost. Plus, you can always switch streams at a later date if needed without loosing your place.

... but you have to pay the 1st VAC again ...

Best regards.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, POMMY JO said:

Not sure about the others but my acknowledgement was 14/3/16 but haven't heard anything:|

On 30/01/2020 at 16:27, Jellybean T said:

Hi NatS259, Yes $43,600 is correct, we paid via  Bpay and sent and emailed the receipt to home affairs... the Visa Grant was issued within 12 hours.🤞

Thank you - good to be sure before get slugged with an even bigger bill than anticipated 🤣 will all be worth it to have my Mum here though rather than on her own in England!

• Like 2

Has anyone who has been asked for further documents observed if the case officer asking for the documents is the same person who acknowledged the application??? OR  is it another person all together?

Will be interesting to see which case officers are actively processing applications. It was Pamela for my in-laws application.

Edited by cfernandes

On 01/02/2020 at 13:43, Thongoc said:

Not sure about the others but my acknowledgement was 14/3/16 but haven't heard anything:|

This is interesting. I have seen people posting here lately who have applied 143 Visa in April getting asked for further DOCS.

Not sure how one can find out why some applicants get asked for DOCS ahead of others who applied before them. 

Could this be something to do with your country of origin? Say english speakers get slight preferece over non english speakers (or English as a secind language)

I would say keep an eye out and check if people get asked for futher docs 2 months ahead of your application date. Then you need to ping the department.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2020 at 16:11, cfernandes said:

Has anyone who has been asked for further documents observed if the case officer asking for the documents is the same person who acknowledged the application??? OR  is it another person all together?

Will be interesting to see which case officers are actively processing applications. It was Pamela for my in-laws application.

In my past experience. Case officers only matter when deciding the application. 
The name of the case officer who acknowledged the application and the one who processes and "help decide" the application in some cases can be the same; that just is a coincidence.
Imagine if your case officer is on Long Service Leave for 1 year or more then ???  🙂
So the name of the case officer is irrelevant really. Also I would refrain from posting names of case officers here to not get anyone spooked; although I also think they may just be using aliases.  

• Like 1