Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

2 hours ago, LBee said:

Can any one help - I have received request for further docs - forย  the AOS - how does my assurer get a Customer reference number?ย  Will he have to go into Centerlink? ย 

The assurer shouldย visit the Centrelinkย to prove his/her identity and then he/sheย will getย CRN number.

4 hours ago, Vicky Singh said:

Anyone subclass 173 ( January 2016) receive request from immigration? After December 2015 I can't listen any further requests for anyoneย 

No movements here in the 173 waiting room for almost a year now, except for the occasional tumbleweed rolling past.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

No movements here in the 173 waiting room for almost a year now, except for the occasional tumbleweed rolling past.

Hi Susie,

Don't worry about being a 173. Though there are only a few 173s , we were all called for additional documents before the 143s and visasย ย granted before or around theย 143s of similar dates. My Parents also applied on 2nd Oct to convert their 173 to 143, and the application was taken up in 2 months. Yesterday I was asked to get the Bank Guarantee for Assurance of Support.

ย 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LBee said:

Can any one help - I have received request for further docs - forย  the AOS - how does my assurer get a Customer reference number?ย  Will he have to go into Centerlink? ย 

@LBeeย They have to create the CRN using the my gov account. They may have to visit the Centrelink office for a new set-up. That's what my Mrs and I did as well.

This link should help.ย https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/centrelink-customer-reference-number-crn#a3

Can you tell me if the Centerlink Office provide the Customer Reference Number when you go to the office, or does it take a few days?ย  My son is currently offshore and will be another 3 weeks before he is back onshore, which does not allow a lot of time to get AOS done within the 28 days.ย  Although he has all the information already, he just needs the CRN number.ย  So frustrating

1 hour ago, LBee said:

Can you tell me if the Centerlink Office provide the Customer Reference Number when you go to the office, or does it take a few days?ย  My son is currently offshore and will be another 3 weeks before he is back onshore, which does not allow a lot of time to get๏ปฟ AOS done within the 28 days.ย  Although he has all the information already, he just needs the CRN number.ย  So frustrating

Only if your son has not claimed anything before, then he will have to see them. Your son can apply AoS via his MyGov, if he can access to the internet. But I guess, he hasย to provide scanned document as well.

Edited by AlwaysVet

On 23/01/2020 at 05:58, Bear2015 said:

Hi Susie,

Don't worry about being a 173. Though there are only a few 173s , we were all called for additional documents before the 143s and visasย ย granted before or around theย 143s of similar dates. My Parents also applied on 2nd Oct to convert their 173 to 143, and the application was taken up in 2 months. Yesterday I was asked to get the Bank Guarantee for Assurance of Support.

ย 

Thanks Bear2015 and good to hear the 173 to 143 is now going so speedily

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aaron88 said:

Hi all, I have just received acceptance letter for AOS, request BG letter received 22/1/20, BG payment made 23/1/20, acceptance letter 28/1/20

Thats great @Aaron88ย Would also be good if you could update your timeline in the signature. Just helps get an idea of how we are all travelling with respect to our applications. Thanks !ย 

19 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

Thats great @Aaron88ย Would also be good if you could update your timeline in the signature. Just helps get an idea of how we are all travelling with respect to our applications. Thanks !ย 

ย 

Took me a while to figure out how to update signature, but here we go. Thanks for the reminder.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Aaron88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

Assurance of support complete! Will head to the bank this week to lodge.

Can anyone who applied in early 2016 and has been approved tell me what the final VAC amount was? I canโ€™t for the life of me remember or find how much it was originally!ย 

• Congratulations 3

Need some help. I have heard that there are chances of 143 getting rejected on medical grounds . For eg If the applicant has a cancer or previously had cancer. Does anyone in a similar situation has received a visa also at what stage they decide to reject the visa. If we recieve the request for additional docs should be assume that visa will beย granted at some stage or even after that there are chances of rejection after that.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2020 at 04:23, Aaron88 said:

Hi all, I have just received acceptance letter for AOS, request BG letter received 22/1/20, BG payment made 23/1/20, acceptance letter 28/1/20

Really pleased to see acceptance letter being received much quicker after paying BG than last November when so many of us had problems. Visa Grant very soon now... the long wait is just about over๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Prasad.mahadik said:

Need some help. I have heard that there are chances of 143 getting rejected on medical grounds . For eg If the applicant has a cancer or previously had cancer. Does anyone in a similar situation has received a visa also at what stage they decide to reject the visa. If we recieve the request for additional docs should be assume that visa will beย granted at some stage or even after that there are chances of rejection after that.

Even if they ask forย additional docs you alwaysย have to have a medical. So still some possibility of rejection if medical fails. I believe some peopleย may be asked to undergo treatment and test again later, ย it all depends on theย reason you fail the initial medical. ย But ifย one person fails all the applicants fail. May be best to discuss with an agent. There are good ones on this site.ย 

19 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Really pleased to see acceptance letter being received much quicker after paying BG than last November when so many of us had problems. Visa Grant very soon now... the long wait is just about over๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

Hi Jellybean, was the final amount $43,600? I canโ€™t remember and wanting to get my ducks in a row with things moving fast now! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NatS259 said:

Hi Jellybean, was the final amount $43,600? I canโ€™t remember and wanting to get my ducks in a row with things moving fast now! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi NatS259, Yes $43,600 is correct, we paid via ย Bpay and sent and emailed the receipt to home affairs... the Visa Grant was issued within 12ย hours.๐Ÿคž

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi NatS259, Yes $43,600 is correct, we paid via ย Bpay and sent and emailed the receipt to home affairs... the Visa Grant was issued within 12ย hours.๐Ÿคž

Did you contact your bank before hand to have the daily limit of you BPay lifted in order to pay the large sum of $$?

• Like 2

Did you contact your bank before hand to have the daily limit of you BPay lifted in order to pay the large sum of $$?

Commonwealth bank will allow you to increase your BPay limit to 100k. Itโ€™s very easy to do if you have access to your online account and you donโ€™t have to go into the branch.

Bridgie
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Even if they ask forย additional docs you alwaysย have to have a medical. So still some possibility of rejection if medical fails. I believe some peopleย may be asked to undergo treatment and test again later, ย it all depends on theย reason you fail the initial medical. ย But ifย one person fails all the applicants fail. May be best to discuss with an agent. There are good ones on this site.ย 

Thanks a lot. I hoping things to be positive. I hope they consider to give the visa as they are charging a huge amount. Also I am assuming they donโ€™t take the AOS bond and then reject the visa.