Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

HI All,

Apologies for delay in sharing this post. Had caught up with few things. But with an intention of keeping the positive vibe flowing wanted to share some good news.

Visa Application date - 15/9/2016.

Request for medical/AOS/PCC - 28/7/22

Everything submitted - 31/8/22

Request to pay 2nd Vac - 20/9/22

Payment made - 21/9/22

Grant received - 23/9/22.

Would like to thanks every single person who has shared the same emotions/feelings as me & also for the valuable advice every time. So hang on guys everyone still waiting would get the news soon.

Note: Just to keep further motivated, my case was not that straight forward. My mom was diagnosed with cancer 10 years back & there is no re-occurrence since then. Even with this situation we received the visa.

Edited by Prasad.mahadik
  • Congratulations 7

On 03/08/2022 at 17:49, amsaini15 said:

Please keep us updated. Thanks

HI Mate, apologies for the late reply. I have put up a new post sharing my update but thought of replying to you personally as u were waiting .. Hope you get the news soon.

Payment made - 21/9/22

Edited by Prasad.mahadik
  • Congratulations 1

Hello All,

I applied for Subclass 143 for my mother and dependent brother in April 2017. I read on this thread that someone who filed application in Dec 2016 has been invited. Given the quota per year, what are the chances of getting an invite for someone who filed in April 2017? Based on the info in this GM Visa pdf, there are about 3000+ applications before the department gets to April 2017.

Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 hours ago, KAK said:

Hello All,

I applied for Subclass 143 for my mother and dependent brother in April 2017. I read on this thread that someone who filed application in Dec 2016 has been invited. Given the quota per year, what are the chances of getting an invite for someone who filed in April 2017? Based on the info in this GM Visa pdf, there are about 3000+ applications before the department gets to April 2017.

Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

It’s thought that this year’s  quota will possibly  get to January/February 2017 by end of financial year in June 2023. So it’s possible you could be contacted in financial year 2023-24

However the rules changed in November 2016 concerning dependants. They have to be under 23 years old at the time of decision. This may impact on your case depending on the age of your brother by then. 

19 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s thought that this year’s  quota will possibly  get to January/February 2017 by end of financial year in June 2023. So it’s possible you could be contacted in financial year 2023-24 

However the rules changed in November 2016 concerning dependants. They have to be under 23 years old at the time of decision. This may impact on your case depending on the age of your brother by then.  

Thank you LindaH27. I am assuming that this is considering the increased quota for this year. Let's see how we go with this. I am aware of the Nov 2016 and it is unfortunate given the fact that I planned my immigration based on the timelines then (2 years or so for subclass 143 processing). Let's see how we all go with this.

On 26/09/2022 at 09:14, Prasad.mahadik said:

HI Mate, apologies for the late reply. I have put up a new post sharing my update but thought of replying to you personally as u were waiting .. Hope you get the news soon.

Payment made - 21/9/22

Thats great news mate. Congratulations!! Hope you can still stay around in the group for some time to help others with their enquiries. 

On 26/09/2022 at 09:12, Prasad.mahadik said:

HI All,

Apologies for delay in sharing this post. Had caught up with few things. But with an intention of keeping the positive vibe flowing wanted to share some good news.

Payment made - 21/9/22

Would like to thanks every single person who has shared the same emotions/feelings as me & also for the valuable advice every time. So hang on guys everyone still waiting would get the news soon.

Note: Just to keep further motivated, my case was not that straight forward. My mom was diagnosed with cancer 10 years back & there is no re-occurrence since then. Even with this situation we received the visa.

First of congratulations mate, very happy for you 👏🥳

I Want to ask you that what was the final amount you paid?

On 11/09/2022 at 17:20, Tulip1 said:

‘Yes on social media the latest date seems to be 22/11/16’

That’s good to know, it’s certainly moving along now.

hi all, 

just wanna let you know that I just got email for requesting more information ( lodgement date 5/1/2017).

did anyone apply for AOS when staying outside Australia?

Thanks

• Like 2

On 30/08/2022 at 09:14, PaulM said:

We are in the (hopefully) final stages of our visa journey, however we have encountered a frustrating delay in getting our German police clearance. We know the process as we had to do the same early last year for bridging visas. The issue is that it is a postal application to the authority in Germany and once it is sent the only tracking is from the courier that it has been delivered. The German authority discourages any form of communication after that to check on process and only send the actual document back by airmail.

Last year, my wife's clearance took four weeks from dispatch from Australia via courier to receiving the clearance back and mine took six weeks (I'm a Brit and there is an additional check the German's make for that). This year we have so far been waiting eight weeks. We have asked for extensions on the 28 days given by Aus Immi and been granted that (the Centrelink part for AoS anyway takes longer than 28 days).

Our issue is that we don't know if the German's have done their bit and sent; if they have lost the form; if the clearances have been posted; if the letters are lost in the post; any other possibilities. It seems our only option might be to apply again in case there has been a mishap at the Germany end or in the post. That will probably mean we are again at least a monthe from getting the clearances.

Does anybody have any experience of this with Germany or know of any other way to get the clearance?

I'm also posting this in the general Australia Visa Chat forum.

Thanks, Paul

It might be possible to supply previou police check and show that you've applied for an updated one. Are you still in Germany? We did not get a uk police check because my mum had one that had only just expired a few months ago - was supplied for bridging visa due to covid and she hadnt been back. Her visa granted last week

On 28/09/2022 at 21:03, amsaini15 said:

Thats great news mate. Congratulations!! Hope you can still stay around in the group for some time to help others with their enquiries. 

Of course mate. Anytime I don't think i am leaving any time soon ...  Happy to share my experience/learnings which could resolve anyone's queries.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Please let me know whether only one form for AOS to be uploaded/submitted of main (primary) applicant or second form is also to be submitted for secondary applicant. Please guide me immediately. I will be highly thankful to you.

Single AOS application for both applicants is required. Cheers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Thanks. Form uploaded. Interviewed on 5/10/2022. Waiting for approval for AOS for depositing $14000 as bank garauntee/ bond.What is time period for approval Of AOS.

I think from memory, it took us about 8 weeks to get the AOS approval letter. All the best for next steps. You're very close now.

On 17/08/2022 at 07:34, RJ27 said:

Hi guys,

We received an email for AOS & additional docs (Medical/PCC/AFP) today! 

Applied offshore visa 143 on 29/09/2016.

Acknowledgment received on 29/09/2016.

Received request for additional docs & AOS on 17/08/2022.

Hi RJ27 good that you have now received some communication. 

We Applied offshore for a 143 contributory parent visa in August 2016 and only received the request to proceed with medicals and police reports this year - 2022. They were completed in August and our AOS was submitted with the payment of $14000 at the beginning of August 2022 and  still we wait.
As you will know the initial payment of AUD$ xxxx for 1st applicant and AUD$ xxxx for the 2nd applicant is made when your application is submitted and though someone said the cost for contributory parent visa isn’t $120000 - it certainly is! Contributory parent visas cost a LOT of money and consists of two separate payments.

As there is no way of knowing how long it might now take for a visa to be granted we simply have to wait for Immi to contact us with a request for the final instalment. Frustrating to say the least and I feel for anyone who might have started the process recently.  

On 05/10/2022 at 06:04, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Thanks. Form uploaded. Interviewed on 5/10/2022. Waiting for approval for AOS for depositing $14000 as bank garauntee/ bond.What is time period for approval Of AOS.

I wish I knew. Our AOS has gone through the ID process and has submitted the $14000 bank guarantee. That was almost 7 weeks ago. 

On 29/09/2022 at 17:02, Garryy said:

Hi guys, good news 

Visa Lodgment date:  5 Oct 2016 

Hreque for Medical/Aoc/Pcc:  29 Sep

And How long does it take to get Aos approved ?

Thanks 

Suggestion is to keep following up on regular basis with central link. I contacted them almost daily and the entire process was finished in less than 2 weeks.