Jump to content
theballies

Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, April said:

If the cap 3600 for 143 visa remains, it’s not going to get any faster…. Everyone was telling me that with each migrant leaving Australia for their aged parents, there’re more people wanting to move to Australia. It’s probably true, but I’m sad to see some wonderful people leaving. Today I just learnt that my regular GP (who is also married to an Australian) is moving back to England with her husband and two young kids, as her Dad is unwell. She’s the GP for our whole family (my little one and myself really like her!) and I still remembered that we chatted “let’s hope the vaccine rate goes up and we can see our families soon”. Last year my good friend at work also moved back to Europe with his family to look after his in-laws. I hope the government will consider the importance of parents to skilled migrants when they think of the migration planning next year! 

But isnt it great that folk can and do choose to go back to support their parents in their own environment instead of carting them across the world to a place where they will know no one and may lack the umph to get up and make a new place for themselves.  Where they will get good medical care that will cost them nothing and where they want to turn up their toes.  We did it for my parents and were lucky with the visa/citizenship status - so many non British spouses have great difficulty getting in if their OH isnt earning much money or they dont have much saved.  I wouldnt have done it any differently.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, April said:

If the cap 3600 for 143 visa remains, it’s not going to get any faster…. Everyone was telling me that with each migrant leaving Australia for their aged parents, there’re more people wanting to move to Australia. It’s probably true, but I’m sad to see some wonderful people leaving. 

Yes, but while it's sad for you, those wonderful people will be replaced by people who are just as wonderful.  

  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Does anyone know why immi office still hasn’t start to process applications from June/2016 please? The processing time has been stuck at May 2016 for a while. I knew there are a few very luck people who applied on 1st or 2nd June 2016, their applications have been processed. I lodged my application on 9th June 2016 and still haven’t heard anything from Immi yet. 

  • Sad 1

143 Application Lodged on 8th June 2016; Acknowledgement, 1st Payment and Receipt 10th June 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, duan said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know why immi office still hasn’t start to process applications from June/2016 please? The processing time has been stuck at May 2016 for a while. I knew there are a few very luck people who applied on 1st or 2nd June 2016, their applications have been processed. I lodged my application on 9th June 2016 and still haven’t heard anything from Immi yet. 

They’ve been prioritising those applicants who were stuck onshore when the borders closed to keep them legal


143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Linda, my application is 28th June 2016. And I am onshore at the moment. How can i let them know so they can priorities my application?

thank you in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jess2201 said:

Hi Linda, my application is 28th June 2016. And I am onshore at the moment. How can i let them know so they can priorities my application?

thank you in advance 

You can’t. Immi go by the date but onshore nearly at the date they are processing may be contacted a bit earlier if they are onshore . Immi specifically say not to contact them to ask for prioritising. They choose. 

  • Like 1

143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2021 at 17:17, PaulM said:

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143)

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

30 Oct 2021

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Sep 2018

Lodged May 2019

Visa Assessment

Sep 2021

 

Lodged/Queued

up to 31 May 2016

Date Queued

up to 31 Oct 2010

 

* updated 17 Nov 2021

 

CORRECT FORMATTING BELOW.

Mine was lodged in June 2018 but I still hear nothing about the queue. Anyone on the same boat?

Edited by huubang

Visa 143 lodged 20 June 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi everyone, just a bit of relaxation for all the June 2016 applicants (including me) , i know someone through a facebook group with acknowledgment date 03/06/2016 whoz asked for assurance of support and medicals etc yesterday. Please keep each other updated guys. hopefully we all will hear some good news soon.

Also please someone lemme know how i can add my signatures here ?so i dont have to write my details again and again.

thank you


143 Visa

Acknowledgement Date - 28/06/2016 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gavin_K said:

hi everyone, just a bit of relaxation for all the June 2016 applicants (including me) , i know someone through a facebook group with acknowledgment date 03/06/2016 whoz asked for assurance of support and medicals etc yesterday. Please keep each other updated guys. hopefully we all will hear some good news soon.

Also please someone lemme know how i can add my signatures here ?so i dont have to write my details again and again.

thank you

I read this too!  At least there’s movement.

To add your signature click on your name top right.  Select account settings then signature should be on the left. 


143 Visa lodged 18.07.18

Queue date 10.05.21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MillieB said:

I read this too!  At least there’s movement.

To add your signature click on your name top right.  Select account settings then signature should be on the left. 

Thank you 🤞🏻


143 Visa

Acknowledgement Date - 28/06/2016 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2021 at 12:47, Gavin_K said:

hi everyone, just a bit of relaxation for all the June 2016 applicants (including me) , i know someone through a facebook group with acknowledgment date 03/06/2016 whoz asked for assurance of support and medicals etc yesterday. Please keep each other updated guys. hopefully we all will hear some good news soon.

Also please someone lemme know how i can add my signatures here ?so i dont have to write my details again and again.

thank you

Hi, would you mind sharing the name of the Facebook group ?


143 Application Delivered on 7th June 2016; Acknowledgement, 1st Payment and Reciept 9th June 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2021 at 12:22, daiz33 said:

Thank you ! Much appreciated!

Hi Daiz33,

 

has your application has been started to process yet? I can see you lodged the application on 7th June and I lodged on 8th June. I knew someone who submitted on 7th June received email from WA  parents last week. I haven’t heard anything from immi office yet.


143 Application Lodged on 8th June 2016; Acknowledgement, 1st Payment and Receipt 10th June 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×