Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

40 minutes ago, April said:

If the cap 3600 for 143 visa remains, it’s not going to get any faster…. Everyone was telling me that with each migrant leaving Australia for their aged parents, there’re more people wanting to move to Australia. It’s probably true, but I’m sad to see some wonderful people leaving. Today I just learnt that my regular GP (who is also married to an Australian) is moving back to England with her husband and two young kids, as her Dad is unwell. She’s the GP for our whole family (my little one and myself really like her!) and I still remembered that we chatted “let’s hope the vaccine rate goes up and we can see our families soon”. Last year my good friend at work also moved back to Europe with his family to look after his in-laws. I hope the government will consider the importance of parents to skilled migrants when they think of the migration planning next year! 

But isnt it great that folk can and do choose to go back to support their parents in their own environment instead of carting them across the world to a place where they will know no one and may lack the umph to get up and make a new place for themselves.  Where they will get good medical care that will cost them nothing and where they want to turn up their toes.  We did it for my parents and were lucky with the visa/citizenship status - so many non British spouses have great difficulty getting in if their OH isnt earning much money or they dont have much saved.  I wouldnt have done it any differently.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, April said:

If the cap 3600 for 143 visa remains, it’s not going to get any faster…. Everyone was telling me that with each migrant leaving Australia for their aged parents, there’re more people wanting to move to Australia. It’s probably true, but I’m sad to see some wonderful people leaving. 

Yes, but while it's sad for you, those wonderful people will be replaced by people who are just as wonderful.  

• Like 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know why immi office still hasn’t start to process applications from June/2016 please? The processing time has been stuck at May 2016 for a while. I knew there are a few very luck people who applied on 1st or 2nd June 2016, their applications have been processed. I lodged my application on 9th June 2016 and still haven’t heard anything from Immi yet. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, duan said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know why immi office still hasn’t start to process applications from June/2016 please? The processing time has been stuck at May 2016 for a while. I knew there are a few very luck people who applied on 1st or 2nd June 2016, their applications have been processed. I lodged my application on 9th June 2016 and still haven’t heard anything from Immi yet. 

They’ve been prioritising those applicants who were stuck onshore when the borders closed to keep them legal

1 minute ago, Jess2201 said:

Hi Linda, my application is 28th June 2016. And I am onshore at the moment. How can i let them know so they can priorities my application?

thank you in advance 

You can’t. Immi go by the date but onshore nearly at the date they are processing may be contacted a bit earlier if they are onshore . Immi specifically say not to contact them to ask for prioritising. They choose. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2021 at 17:17, PaulM said:

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143)

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

30 Oct 2021

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Sep 2018

Lodged May 2019

Visa Assessment

Sep 2021

Lodged/Queued

up to 31 May 2016

Date Queued

up to 31 Oct 2010

* updated 17 Nov 2021

CORRECT FORMATTING BELOW.

Mine was lodged in June 2018 but I still hear nothing about the queue. Anyone on the same boat?

Edited by huubang

hi everyone, just a bit of relaxation for all the June 2016 applicants (including me) , i know someone through a facebook group with acknowledgment date 03/06/2016 whoz asked for assurance of support and medicals etc yesterday. Please keep each other updated guys. hopefully we all will hear some good news soon.

Also please someone lemme know how i can add my signatures here ?so i dont have to write my details again and again.

thank you

4 hours ago, Gavin_K said:

hi everyone, just a bit of relaxation for all the June 2016 applicants (including me) , i know someone through a facebook group with acknowledgment date 03/06/2016 whoz asked for assurance of support and medicals etc yesterday. Please keep each other updated guys. hopefully we all will hear some good news soon.

Also please someone lemme know how i can add my signatures here ?so i dont have to write my details again and again.

thank you

I read this too!  At least there’s movement.

To add your signature click on your name top right.  Select account settings then signature should be on the left. 

On 30/11/2021 at 12:47, Gavin_K said:

thank you

Hi, would you mind sharing the name of the Facebook group ?

On 05/12/2021 at 12:22, daiz33 said:

Thank you ! Much appreciated!

Hi Daiz33,

has your application has been started to process yet? I can see you lodged the application on 7th June and I lodged on 8th June. I knew someone who submitted on 7th June received email from WA  parents last week. I haven’t heard anything from immi office yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaybee said:

https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN3582

only around 650 signatures while thousands waiting in queue 

This is a duplicate petition to petition EN3366 on exactly the same topic.

Petition EN3366 closed on 27th October 2021 and received 13271 signatures. This petition has been presented to the House and it yet to be responded to.

https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN3366

17 hours ago, AJM22 said:

This is a duplicate petition to petition EN3366 on exactly the same topic.

Petition EN3366 closed on 27th October 2021 and received 13271 signatures. This petition has been presented to the House and it yet to be responded to.

https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN3366

Yes I noticed the previous one as well. 
May be it has not been circulated well. There are 50000+ people in the queue but still only 14000 signatures. Not sure where else to share this one. 

14 hours ago, Kaybee said:

Yes I noticed the previous one as well. 
May be it has not been circulated well. There are 50000+ people in the queue but still only 14000 signatures. Not sure where else to share this one. 

You could share it on this Facebook site 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1550787498386659/?ref=share

and also share it on this Forum

https://www.saaustralia.org/topic/48045-contributory-parent-143-visa-support-group/

Hi everyone! We got asked for assurance of support, police check, medical and birth certificates today!

My parents and I don’t have birth certificates  because we were displaced during a civil war. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What documents can you provide in place ?

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

5 hours ago, daiz33 said:

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Haven't really been in a similar situation but I would think that a passport has date and place of birth, and you could supplement it with a statutory declaration. Worst case scenario you can always call the general immigration phone number and ask for advice. Good to see that there is movement again. All the best. 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2021 at 16:36, daiz33 said:

Hi everyone! We got asked for assurance of support, police check, medical and birth certificates today!

My parents and I don’t have birth certificates  because we were displaced during a civil war. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What documents can you provide in place ?

Happy that things are progressing for you at last!  With regards to the birth certificates, maybe you should seek the advice of a registered migration agent?  I would imagine that is exactly the sort of problem they would be able to help with.  Good luck for a speedy resolution!

• Like 1

Hi. I sent in my application in July 2021. My son has been living in Australia since June 2019 and is now a PR. My son is my sponsor and assurer, but he's  planning to go to Canada end of 2022 to work there for 2 years till end of 2024 before going back to Australia to work to ensure that he acquires 2 years of payslips for AOS . Will it affect his eligibility if he has been away for 2 years even if he had fulfilled the requirement of having lived in Australia for 2 years prior to the lodgement of application? Would it be ok as long as he's back to work for 2 years before they ask for AOS? And will it be too late to come back then considering 3+ years would have passed since I lodged application. And he'll then still need to put in 2 years of work to be eligible to be my assurer, which would be around beginning of 2027 to complete 2 years work (5+ years after lodgement of my application). Would appreciate any advice. 🙏. Thanks