Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

11 hours ago, Gadgetfreak28 said:

Just an update for everyone. We have received the request to pay 2nd VAC yesterday. The email came through after months of inactivity, and we're thrilled. Now working to get the funds ready, and will be able to make the payment sometime next week. All the best to everyone here. 

Congratulations. So pleased for you and thanks for keeping everyone informed. There is hope for the rest of us in the queue!

• Like 2

Hi there 

I am wondering if someone who has lodged a 143 themselves can help. We have paid the fee required to lodge the application and will be sending the documents today to WA. As it is a paper only application how do we receive confirmation that the application has been received and put in the queue? Will we get an email? Thanks for your help we haven’t lodged a paper application before 

12 minutes ago, Fliss G said:

Hi there 

I am wondering if someone who has lodged a 143 themselves can help. We have paid the fee required to lodge the application and will be sending the documents today to WA. As it is a paper only application how do we receive confirmation that the application has been received and put in the queue? Will we get an email? Thanks for your help we haven’t lodged a paper application before 

Once you have lodged by paper. You will Get confirmation via email within 10-30 days.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fliss G said:

Hi there 

We sent ours via express and received an email 2 days later, but that was in 2016. You are put in the queue the day they receive your application.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daiz33 said:

We sent ours via express and received an email 2 days later, but that was in 2016. You are put in the queue the day they receive your application.

This is true for those who applied before 1 June 2018. They have their queue date as date of application. Those who applied after that will be contacted 2-3 years after application and if it’s valid will be given a queue date of the date they checked the application - so a queue date 2-3 years later than original application date

@Fliss G don't go by the processing time on the website of approximately 5 years. It’s going to be much later than that. That is for those they are currently processing ie May 2016 - and they’ve been processing those since June 2020!!

Realistically you are looking at well over 10 years. There are over 60000 already waiting in the queue and only 3600 are allowed every year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fliss G said:

@LindaH27

thank you for your guidance. Ten years is pretty bleak isn’t it ☹️

Yes. I’ve already been waiting  over 4 years. 😢
In May /June 2017 there were 9000 applications. So just those two months alone will take around 2.5  years to get through on the current 3600 quota. 

@Alan Collett is an agent who is very helpful on this forum and you can 
download his chart on the application numbers https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-application-numbers/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, desert-eagle said:

We just received email with 

Notification that your application Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa has been allocated for processing.

has anyone similar email ? Wondering does that mean we got case officer allocated ?

That probably means you'll be getting asked for further documents soon - police checks, medicals, probably form 80 and instructions to apply for your AOS. Should be the beginning of the end of your wait hopefully!

On 20/08/2021 at 16:42, Gadgetfreak28 said:

Just an update for everyone. We have received the request to pay 2nd VAC yesterday. The email came through after months of inactivity, and we're thrilled. Now working to get the funds ready, and will be able to make the payment sometime next week. All the best to everyone here. 

Hi mate , just wanna know that is the applicant onshore or offshore? 

So after a decade, back here again but this time for my dad's 143

The paper based application was filed offshore and received at WA on 13-Aug-21, which now puts him down the looooong queue but still in queue 🙂 

Next updates will be once I get the acknowledgment for the paper based application.. 

Cheers,

12 minutes ago, br4t said:

So after a decade, back here again but this time for my dad's 143

The paper based application was filed offshore and received at WA on 13-Aug-21, which now puts him down the looooong queue but still in queue 🙂 

Next updates will be once I get the acknowledgment for the paper based application.. 

Cheers,

Welcome back! Not sure if you know but there have been some changes in 143 since June 2018. You’ll get an acknowledgement in next few weeks and then in another 2-3 years they will check your application is valid if not they’ll ask for further info.  Once  validated you will be given a queue date - which will be the date they validated it so a queue date 2-3 years later than application date. Before 1/6/18 the application date was the queue date but now it’s a date 2-3 years after application. Yes it will be a long queue. There were 60000 application already lodged by end Sept 2020 so many more since then and the annual quota has dropped to 3600.

Once borders open your dad could apply for a 5 year 870 visa which would allow him to wait onshore but it’s expensive and has to have private health insurance.  After 5 years he would have to leave and wait offshore for 3 months before he could apply for another 5 year visa. The maximum time spent in Australia is limited to 10 years and sadly even 2 x 870 might not be enough to wait till grant of 143! ! Good luck! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/08/2021 at 09:29, Gadgetfreak28 said:

And after a long wait (having patience has paid off), we have received the email to confirm that the visa has been approved. Good luck to everyone here and I cannot thank members of this forum enough in keeping each other up to date and for being so helpful. All the best. 

Congratulations mate and Thank you 

• Thanks 1

On 31/08/2021 at 04:59, Gadgetfreak28 said:

And after a long wait (having patience has paid off), we have received the email to confirm that the visa has been approved. Good luck to everyone here and I cannot thank members of this forum enough in keeping each other up to date and for being so helpful. All the best. 

Hopefully, they will soon start processing applications from June 16 , soon . 🤞🏻🤞🏻

On 30/08/2021 at 17:51, LindaH27 said:

Welcome back! Not sure if you know but there have been some changes in 143 since June 2018. You’ll get an acknowledgement in next few weeks and then in another 2-3 years they will check your application is valid if not they’ll ask for further info.  Once  validated you will be given a queue date - which will be the date they validated it so a queue date 2-3 years later than application date. Before 1/6/18 the application date was the queue date but now it’s a date 2-3 years after application. Yes it will be a long queue. There were 60000 application already lodged by end Sept 2020 so many more since then and the annual quota has dropped to 3600.

Once borders open your dad could apply for a 5 year 870 visa which would allow him to wait onshore but it’s expensive and has to have private health insurance.  After 5 years he would have to leave and wait offshore for 3 months before he could apply for another 5 year visa. The maximum time spent in Australia is limited to 10 years and sadly even 2 x 870 might not be enough to wait till grant of 143! ! Good luck! 

Hi Linda

Would you know which private health insurance will be best for people on 870 visa once it is available? I know it depends upon your personal health condition and your requirements for cover but just wondering if anyone has explored all options and narrow it down to few companies who provide best cover? Thanks

I might think of 870 visa if it is going to take 4 more yrs (applied 30 may 2017) which seems to be the case. 

1 hour ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi Linda

Would you know which private health insurance will be best for people on 870 visa once it is available? I know it depends upon your personal health condition and your requirements for cover but just wondering if anyone has explored all options and narrow it down to few companies who provide best cover? Thanks

I might think of 870 visa if it is going to take 4 more yrs (applied 30 may 2017) which seems to be the case. 

No I’m really sorry I don’t know much (yet! ) about Australian private health insurance other than bupa!

Hopefully someone can advise further.  

7 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi Linda

If it's like other temporary visas, you don't get a choice of cover, it's just a standard Overseas Visitors Cover (OVHC).   I tried plugging the 870 visa into a couple of health insurance websites and just got "call us to discuss this cover", so I'd say, Google OVHC to check which health funds offer it, then give them a call to see what they offer for the 870.